Pls Do Ardass For This Papi'S Amrit Wela

Guest Failure_Amrit Wela

Guest Failure_Amrit Wela

Sadh Sangat Jeo,

Despite being an Amritdhari, I'm not able to get up at Amrit-Wela.

I'm tired of making all kinds of efforts. I know only Waheguru ji's kirpa enables one to get up at Amrit-Wela and that I should do ardas in front of him.

But can Guru-roop sadh sangat ji be kind enough to do ardass in Guru Ji's feet to baksh Amrit-Wela & satsangat to this dass please.

Anyone from the sangat PLEASE?

Avoid TV, PC and Game Consoles before sleep ...

Do a Maala of Gurmantar, Mool Mantar or Sri Sukhmani Sahib Mantar (Aad Gur-e Nameh, Jugaad Gur-e Nameh, Sath Gur-e Nameh, Sri Gur Dev-e Nameh) then Ardhaas

Avoid eating at least 2 hours before sleep ...

Also don't forget to read Rakhya De Shabad with Keerthan Sohilaa Sahib and Salok (Pavan Guru Paanee Pitha)

Put your alarm clock away from your bedside so when it rings you'll have to get up out of bed to turn it off ... by then you'll be more likely to stay up than go back into bed ...

Alternatively get a GurSikh to ring you at Amrith Vehla so that way you'll have that support and be more likely to put effort into waking up knowing that they'll be awake aswell ....

Keep motivating yourself, don't give up and do believe in yourself too ...

Bhaji,

Set your alarm clock and put it in such a place that it will require you to get up and and look for it , like maybe in a drawer on the other side of your room,

or even in the next room. Once you have got up and turned off the clock then go stright to the bathroom and wash face with cold water.

Then do ishnaan and nitname and give thanks to Akaal Purkh.

The mann {mind} is a masst haathi {intoxicated elephant}. The only way to conquer this haathi is to starve it first. Avoid eating late at night. Have a light evening meal at around 6 p.m. Starve this haathi of t.v. {non-Guirbani}. Read/listen to Gurbani before going to sleep. Read a sakhi {Sikh story} before sleeping.

Guru Ji do wake us all up at Amrit vela but in an attempt to catch a few more minutes sleep, we end up losing it. If we were told to reach the office of the lottery commission at 2 a.m. to collect our million pound lotto, I'm sure we'd find a way of getting up even if we had to stay up the night before. When it comes to Amrit vela for Guru Ji we tend not to see it in the same light. Guru Ji are waiting every 2 a.m. with our lotto of sprititual phall {fruition} but for some reason we don't attach the same importance to it as we do to the million pounds cash.

There are plenty of things in this world that people would get up early for i.e. financial gain , vishey vikar {lustful activities} , and so on. It is not impossible , it's just that we don't attach the same relevance.

Guest Gupt 2

Keep as much rehit as possible, Sarbloh Bibek if possible, it will help you wake up and stay alert more than anything else, through my personal experience,will also make japping naam/gurbani much more fruitful and enjoyable. If you can't, minimum of eating healthy and avoid bad food that will make you want to sleep more like pizza

Do Ardas before you sleep, Guru Sahib will wake you up the time you ask for, but it is your job to stay up

Remember that the only hard part is getting up, few minutes after awakening you will be fine and good to go, its the intial battle of getting up from bed thats the hardest part

Doing sangat with other Gursikhs will help you out the most. If you have people relying on you to get up you won't want to fail them and this will make you get up instantly

Try your hardest to make sangat if you can't find any! This is very crucial, it's VERY hard to wake up for amritvela and do it on your own especially when your only begining...If you don't have sangat maybe you could even give details of where you live and someone on this board can help? I could if you live close:)

Go to sleep early:)