Views On Punjabi By Its Residents.

gurdssingh

I would just like to get views from Sikhs in Punjab, about how they view their lives, quality of living, opportunities, discrimination and any other comments. Especially how they feel they compare with other Indians in other States.

My experience of visting Punjab is most people are happy. But then I only meet a specific section. Compaired with other states Punjab feel much more advanced and there is so much infastrucutre more so than other states. OK Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Hydrabad, Banglore, Pune etc. Are well advanced place just like in the west, but when travelling in nearby countryside no area matches upto facilities like Punjab. In Punjab even signs to villages are in English but not down South.

Many Sikhs in the west grow up with anti India / all sikhs are oppressed in India. YES India governement commited many dispicable acts againsts Sikhs but nowadays has it not moved on? As everytime I go I don't get annomosity from the Singhs I speak too. So Sikhs in Punjab want do you think, are we in the west just looking and focusing on a dark chapter in history or are sikhs still being discriminated against. As in India it is not the impression that is being portrayed.

dont ask for bias opinions, do some research yourself based upon events and evidence.

Then make your own knowledgable judgement if Sikhs have gained any sort of political or economic advantages over the years.

I don't know what you mean?

I know what happened in the past.

I been many many times and have also spent many months travelling when I was a student, In Punjab, you don't get a very high level of annomisty amongst the average Singh. Whereas in the west it is different, they say sikhs are ALWAYS hard done by, but they are the most prosperous community in the whole of India. Punjab is majority Sikhs, and is one of the richest states. Definetly it has the best infastructure in the country, even sub-continent. They are the facts.

I just wanted to get an impression of what the residents thought, as many Sikhs I talk too in UK always go on about how this and that is happening but have only visited once in their lives, some people have never ever been to Punjab but go on about what they heard or have read. LOOK I DON'T DENY CRIMES COMMITED AGAINST SIKHS, in the 80's / 90's. It was disgustingly wrong, culprits should be punished. But in 2010, I feel Sikhs are living happily.

I don't know what you mean?

I know what happened in the past.

I been many many times and have also spent many months travelling when I was a student, In Punjab, you don't get a very high level of annomisty amongst the average Singh. Whereas in the west it is different, they say sikhs are ALWAYS hard done by, but they are the most prosperous community in the whole of India. Punjab is majority Sikhs, and is one of the richest states. Definetly it has the best infastructure in the country, even sub-continent. They are the facts.

I just wanted to get an impression of what the residents thought, as many Sikhs I talk too in UK always go on about how this and that is happening but have only visited once in their lives, some people have never ever been to Punjab but go on about what they heard or have read. LOOK I DON'T DENY CRIMES COMMITED AGAINST SIKHS, in the 80's / 90's. It was disgustingly wrong, culprits should be punished. But in 2010, I feel Sikhs are living happily.

what i dont understand is the point of this thread,

if you already came up with your own conclusion.. what else are you looking for?

if you dont see the connection between the anger with a lot of sikhs and the fact that none of the instigators of the crimes you acknowledged have never been held responsible , i dont see how a few personal stories will change your mind.