How Can I Make Sure I Am Reading Paath Properly Without Any Mistakes ?

Guest SarabjeetSingh

Wjkk Wjkf Jeo,

Assuming that you have taken Gurbani Santhya, a good practice to improve gurbani ucharran is to record yourself doing Paath, then compare yourself with a benchmark audio like that of Bhai Jarnail Singh Ji Damdami Taksaal for example. We'll be surprised to hear just how much mistakes we make that generally go unnoticed. If we repeat that a good few times, Ucharran will definitely improve with Maharaj's kirpa. However, as hkaurP phenji said, all that is useless without shardaa and a Prem drenched hirda so yeh, Bhagti bhavnaa comes first :)

Guest SarabjeetSingh

Wjkk Wjkf Jeo,

Assuming that you have taken Gurbani Santhya, a good practice to improve gurbani ucharran is to record yourself doing Paath, then compare yourself with a benchmark audio like that of Bhai Jarnail Singh Ji Damdami Taksaal for example. We'll be surprised to hear just how much mistakes we make that generally go unnoticed. If we repeat that a good few times, Ucharran will definitely improve with Maharaj's kirpa. However, as hkaurP phenji said, all that is useless without shardaa and a Prem drenched hirda so yeh, Bhagti bhavnaa comes first :)

wjkk wjkf

No , I have not taken santhya . I don't even know what it means

Veerji, Gurbani Santhya is lessons in shudh Gurbani pronunciation and meanings (arths). A good Santhya teacher will teach you everything from Moharani to correct pronounciation of Nitnem Banis, and much more. Btw, can you read Gurmukhi jeo?

PS: You might want to check out http://gursevak.com/santhya.htm . It is by far the best resource available for getting Santhya, at home and at your own pace, do check it out :)

Guest SarabjeetSingh

Veerji, Gurbani Santhya is lessons in shudh Gurbani pronunciation and meanings (arths). A good Santhya teacher will teach you everything from Moharani to correct pronounciation of Nitnem Banis, and much more. Btw, can you read Gurmukhi jeo?

PS: You might want to check out http://gursevak.com/santhya.htm . It is by far the best resource available for getting Santhya, at home and at your own pace, do check it out :)

smile.gif Yes veerji , I can read Gurmukhi and write as well . I do sehaj paath from Siri Guru Granth Sahib with correct pronunciation as much as possible !

Though some mistakes may happen .

What i do is i have nitnem done by Gyani Thakur Singh Ji he does it loud and clear and slow so i put it on and I try do my paath with gyani ji in the audio put gyani ji's volume louder so you hear him and try pronounce it like he does. I think he's recorded Guru Granth Sahib Ji's audio as well. try it, it really helps doing paath with the audio.

• 2 months later...