Love Marriage

Guest --gupt--

In order to understand the concept of "Love marriage", one must define Love first.

"What is love? It is madness, where you loose consciousness, the greatest drug even that exists on Earth. The only difference is it's an inner chemistry. Love is crucifixion. Only love is the light in which life becomes known, what we call resurrection. Only in love are you truly transformed. In reality you will only feel life when you are in love. Love opens windows towards the beyond. The love people talk about is the phenomenon of the mind. The love of the mind is like a dream because it is from the mind and only the mind can dream and the dream can't be reality. This love cannot be eternal. So what is eternal love? When love comes out of mediation, it's qualities are different from the ones of the mind. The love of the mind – thee essence of it is foolishness. You fall in love, the love of meditation, thee essence is wisdom, you rise in love...When you are in love, it is illogical. There is no logic, no reason. It's irrational, that is why liking has nothing to do with loving, Liking has logic, there are many reasons as to why you like a person. Generations and generations have misunderstood the word love. Automatically they start thinking about sex, without them even realizing that sex has nothing to do with love...love is like a spring breeze. It comes and when it comes it brings a tremendous fragrance, the Odor of Sanctify. It gives you the feeling that it will remain forever. The feeling is so strong that you cannot doubt it. This love is divine. Love has always been God expressing himself. Love is the alchemy, where there is love, ego doesn't exist. That's what I always said, love is spiritual and only love can change lives. Only in love is there reconciliation and a great transformation."

- Sant Mani Singh Jee

is love marriage is against the principles of sikhi
I'll let you decide. Read these shabads and understand what is "love".

ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੯ ॥

Raag Dayv-Gandhaaree, Ninth Mehl:

ਜਗਤ ਮੈ ਝੂਠੀ ਦੇਖੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ॥

In this world, I have seen love to be false.

ਅਪਨੇ ਹੀ ਸੁਖ ਸਿਉ ਸਭ ਲਾਗੇ ਕਿਆ ਦਾਰਾ ਕਿਆ ਮੀਤ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Whether they are spouses or friends, all are concerned only with their own happiness. ||1||Pause||

ਮੇਰਉ ਮੇਰਉ ਸਭੈ ਕਹਤ ਹੈ ਹਿਤ ਸਿਉ ਬਾਧਿਓ ਚੀਤ ॥

All say, "Mine, mine", and attach their consciousness to you with love.

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਸੰਗੀ ਨਹ ਕੋਊ ਇਹ ਅਚਰਜ ਹੈ ਰੀਤਿ ॥੧॥

But at the very last moment, none shall go along with you. How strange are the ways of the world! ||1||

ਮਨ ਮੂਰਖ ਅਜਹੂ ਨਹ ਸਮਝਤ ਸਿਖ ਦੈ ਹਾਰਿਓ ਨੀਤ ॥

The foolish mind has not yet reformed itself, although I have grown weary of continually instructing it.

ਨਾਨਕ ਭਉਜਲੁ ਪਾਰਿ ਪਰੈ ਜਉ ਗਾਵੈ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੇ ਗੀਤ ॥੨॥੩॥੬॥੩੮॥੪੭॥

O Nanak, one crosses over the terrifying world-ocean, singing the Songs of God. ||2||3||6||38||47||

ਸੋਰਠਿ ਮਹਲਾ ੯ ॥

Sorat'h, Ninth Mehl:

ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਜਾਨਿ ਲੇਹੁ ਮਨ ਮਾਹੀ ॥

O dear friend, know this in your mind.

ਅਪਨੇ ਸੁਖ ਸਿਉ ਹੀ ਜਗੁ ਫਾਂਧਿਓ ਕੋ ਕਾਹੂ ਕੋ ਨਾਹੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

The world is entangled in its own pleasures; no one is for anyone else. ||1||Pause||

ਸੁਖ ਮੈ ਆਨਿ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਮਿਲਿ ਬੈਠਤ ਰਹਤ ਚਹੂ ਦਿਸਿ ਘੇਰੈ ॥

In good times, many come and sit together, surrounding you on all four sides.

ਬਿਪਤਿ ਪਰੀ ਸਭ ਹੀ ਸੰਗੁ ਛਾਡਿਤ ਕੋਊ ਨ ਆਵਤ ਨੇਰੈ ॥੧॥

But when hard times come, they all leave, and no one comes near you. ||1||

ਘਰ ਕੀ ਨਾਰਿ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਹਿਤੁ ਜਾ ਸਿਉ ਸਦਾ ਰਹਤ ਸੰਗ ਲਾਗੀ ॥

Your wife, whom you love so much, and who has remained ever attached to you,

ਜਬ ਹੀ ਹੰਸ ਤਜੀ ਇਹ ਕਾਂਇਆ ਪ੍ਰੇਤ ਪ੍ਰੇਤ ਕਰਿ ਭਾਗੀ ॥੨॥

runs away crying, "Ghost! Ghost!", as soon as the swan-soul leaves this body. ||2||

ਇਹ ਬਿਧਿ ਕੋ ਬਿਉਹਾਰੁ ਬਨਿਓ ਹੈ ਜਾ ਸਿਉ ਨੇਹੁ ਲਗਾਇਓ ॥

This is the way they act - those whom we love so much.

ਅੰਤ ਬਾਰ ਨਾਨਕ ਬਿਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਜੀ ਕੋਊ ਕਾਮਿ ਨ ਆਇਓ ॥੩॥੧੨॥੧੩੯॥

At the very last moment, O Nanak, no one is any use at all, except the Dear Lord. ||3||12||139||

Good luck!

There is no such thing as a "love" marriage. The word love has been over used and abused. Ppl saying 'I love you' 'you love me'. This is an utter mockery!!

There is only one true love in the world that can only be between you (soul bride) and waheguru(husband). When people claim to be in love with someone that is a form of moh(attachment). Even when a mother says she "loves" her child that en fact isn't love but a strong form of moh.

There is no such thing as a "love" marriage. The word love has been over used and abused. Ppl saying 'I love you' 'you love me'. This is an utter mockery!!

There is only one true love in the world that can only be between you (soul bride) and waheguru(husband). When people claim to be in love with someone that is a form of moh(attachment). Even when a mother says she "loves" her child that en fact isn't love but a strong form of moh.

wow, you're so dumb :|

theres a difference between love and attachment

and love isn't attachmentt

wow, you're so dumb :|

Thanks for pointing that out. Tbh I am very dumb. Please do ardaas asking waheguru to help me to become more clever and for my chardi kala. Seriously pls

theres a difference between love and attachment

Yes love is between waheguru only. Every other "love" in the world is moh(attachment). I learnt this from a sant and he was saying that once you start loving waheguru, you understand the true meaning of love. Before then you think you love something but you will find it was nothing but moh once you start to love waheguru. Then he goes even the relationship between child and mother is moh.

and love isn't attachmentt

I never said it was...

Thanks for pointing that out. Tbh I am very dumb. Please do ardaas asking waheguru to help me to become more clever and for my chardi kala. Seriously pls

Yes love is between waheguru only. Every other "love" in the world is moh(attachment). I learnt this from a sant and he was saying that once you start loving waheguru, you understand the true meaning of love. Before then you think you love something but you will find it was nothing but moh once you start to love waheguru. Then he goes even the relationship between child and mother is moh.

I never said it was...

Love is the greatest attachment, we can have love for people, things and activities.

Anything that is an attachment is love full stop.

Yeh only love for God is true and the purest form of love. The rest is love for maya which is illusion and the devil himself- Only god is exempt from maya so we should love him and become like him, gurbani also tells us that we become like whatever we love most.