Time To Wipe Out Caste From Uk Gurdwaras

Southall Youth

**Dal Khalsa UK Encourages All UK Sikhs To Join & Become Members Of Their Local Gurdwaras Especially Gurdwaras Such As So Called Ravidass & Ramgharia Sabhas Who Recently Have Been Rejecting Sikhs From Becoming Members Due To So Called Caste - UNDER UK LAW THEY CANNOT DISCRIMINATE ON YOU BASED ON SO CALLED CASTE & ARE LIABLE IN COURT IF THEY DO SO,ITS TIME WE UPROOTED THESE SO CALLED CASTE GURDWAREH & THEIR CORRUPT COMMITEES WHO ARE DESTROYING THE VERY ESSENCE OF SIKHISM THROUGH IMPLEMENTING THE HINDU CASTE SYSTEM IN GURU GHARS**

The only way to uproot the "pendu pauna" committee culture is to vote them out. However, we arent actively encouraged to vote for our local Gurdwara committees and are pretty lame at putting ourselves forward.

Anyone can become a voting member of their Gurdwara, all they need to be is over 18, live in a specific postal code area. In some cases the backward committees like the Ramgharia Sardars may ask you to prove your Ramgharia bloodline by asking for your surname history.

Obtaining voting power is an old trick of the corrupt committee politics, where they have a healthy supply of pre-arranged voters. If we were a bit more strategic in our thinking we could have blocked their corrupt power years ago by developing our own supply of panthic thinking voters.

In some cases the backward committees like the Ramgharia Sardars may ask you to prove your Ramgharia bloodline by asking for your surname history.

...and sometimes they ask you to make a chair out of some blocks of wood.

No seriously though, if they're looking for proof of Ramgharia authenticity I think the best proof would be if you can demonstrate that you only keep hair on your head....thus close shaving the face. And for added proof its best to bring your wife along. If you can show them physical proof that the wife has hair cut short then there would be no doubt left in their mind, as in the ramgharia version of sikhi, the keeping of hair on the head is only for the men.

And there you go. Bish bosh bish. Bobinderjit's your uncle. Happy days. 2 simple steps ; Go to evening classes in woodwork and make your wife look like a hindu woman. Sure fire way of getting onto the ramgharia gurdwara committee.

People have to ask themselves., personally and truthfully, by searching within themselves:

"Are we REALLY against caste in Sikhi, or just castes other than our own, promoting their caste consciousness?"

Otherwise certain loud mouthed closet casteists who condemn others but secretly revel in their own caste identity or make bulltat excuses for it, need to stop the hypocrisy.

The best way forward with caste in my opinion is for the people who are truly against it, to create the idealised Sikh society through relinquishing caste identity and creating the strong, united model for others to see and follow.

Other than that, this whole caste thing becomes an opportunity for closet and open casteists to throw mud at each other across all jaats.

...and sometimes they ask you to make a chair out of some blocks of wood.

No seriously though, if they're looking for proof of Ramgharia authenticity I think the best proof would be if you can demonstrate that you only keep hair on your head....thus close shaving the face. And for added proof its best to bring your wife along. If you can show them physical proof that the wife has hair cut short then there would be no doubt left in their mind, as in the ramgharia version of sikhi, the keeping of hair on the head is only for the men.

And there you go. Bish bosh bish. Bobinderjit's your uncle. Happy days. 2 simple steps ; Go to evening classes in woodwork and make your wife look like a hindu woman. Sure fire way of getting onto the ramgharia gurdwara committee.

LOLL that is probably the funniest comment ive ever read lmao

ITS AS SIMPLE AS THIS...IF YOU BELIEVE IN CASTE YOU ARE NOT A SIKH OF THE GURU!!!...THE ONLY WAY TO ENFORCE THIS IS TO DO PARCHAAR IN CASTE AFFILIATED GURDWARA...IF THEY DONT LET YOU...THEN TAKE A JATHA OF TYAARBAR TYAAR KHALSA AND FORCE YOURSELF ONTO THE STAGE....AT THE END OF THE DAY ITS A GURU GHAR...AND AFFILIATING THE GURU GHAR TO CASTE IS BEADBI..AND SHOULD BE DEALT WITH VIGOUROUSLY...I THINK THE PANTH COMPRIMISES TOO MUCH THESE DAYS

Although i appreciate the sentiments of the posters in this thread but let me put another question out to you....

How many here, actually go to their local gurghar and actively get involved in sewa. A Singh spoke to me a few days ago and he went toa gurdwarah where Maharaj's assan was dusty and grimy and gutkeh were left lying around with rumalleh sahibs and the darbar sahib was in general dis-array, he noticed a nother singh walk in, notice the same thing and then i found some bibis in the langar hall and asked for a bowl and some wash cloths, he began to clean all of Maharaj's asan and the the other also joined in and they both managed to get the darbar sahib up to a better standard of clenliness....

Now, with waheguru's kirpa they plan to go each friday to do this and the gurdwara people are more than happy for them to do this..

Firstly....the problem with caste based gurdwareh is deep rooted and will not be resolved with harsh words and bullying....

get into these organisations and begin with the practical sewa, once committies see that you just doing sewa they normally will not reproach you for this....form relationships with these people...

the main reason for their lack of regard for Guru Maharaj is lack of knowledge....if we be-friend these people and work with to provide active solutions to issues regarding beadbi and satkar around Maharaj and His darbaar...

food for thought: "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up."

bhulla chucka di khimma :-)

Although i appreciate the sentiments of the posters in this thread but let me put another question out to you....

How many here, actually go to their local gurghar and actively get involved in sewa. A Singh spoke to me a few days ago and he went toa gurdwarah where Maharaj's assan was dusty and grimy and gutkeh were left lying around with rumalleh sahibs and the darbar sahib was in general dis-array, he noticed a nother singh walk in, notice the same thing and then i found some bibis in the langar hall and asked for a bowl and some wash cloths, he began to clean all of Maharaj's asan and the the other also joined in and they both managed to get the darbar sahib up to a better standard of clenliness....

Now, with waheguru's kirpa they plan to go each friday to do this and the gurdwara people are more than happy for them to do this..

Firstly....the problem with caste based gurdwareh is deep rooted and will not be resolved with harsh words and bullying....

get into these organisations and begin with the practical sewa, once committies see that you just doing sewa they normally will not reproach you for this....form relationships with these people...

the main reason for their lack of regard for Guru Maharaj is lack of knowledge....if we be-friend these people and work with to provide active solutions to issues regarding beadbi and satkar around Maharaj and His darbaar...

food for thought: "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up."

bhulla chucka di khimma :-)

Good points above. Theres no point always attacking the "corrupt" committees.....I think many of us still feel a lack of responsibility in the Guru Ghar or Sikhi in general. We are pained by "beadbi" but wait for some super A-team to come sweep up any mess.

Picture this scenario, some random little toddler knocks a glass of water over in the langar hall. What would other Sikhs sitting in the langar hall do?

A) Leave it and wait for some official sewadar/someone to clean up the mess

B) Have a go at the toddler for the accident and find his mother, father, grandmother and blame them too

C)Get up and mop the spillage up ourselves as it is our responsiblity. Understand that small accidents happen and it was not intentional

How many of us would fall into category C? I think the majority of people could quite happily be an A and others would like to be a B.

How many of us just dump our joothay panday in the Gurdwara sink and wait for someone else to wash up? How many of us just walk past a full sink of dirty patilay in the Gurdwara kitchen? How many of us complain about the stale smell in Gurdwara toilets but never do anything to help clean up those toilets?

Nothing changes if we still feel no reponsibilty to our Guru ghars. If we can't even wash the dirty panday how can we wipe out the filth know as the caste issue.