Gurmat Tv

Khalasthan86

What's going on why this sudden rush to start-up Sikh TV channels is this a business opportunity I am missing?

I fear politics is a massive part of this as the rumour that was started by BizAsia that Sangat Tv fell out with Sikh Tv and went its seperate ways could have something in it or why a months worth of testing why the hurry????

yh i have notice this too...so many sikh channels in pipe line ....but its gud we will get better options ..or we can say better parchar...:)

Personally I don't care if it is ALL politics. Don't care if X wants to start a channel or Y and Z want to start a channel, as long as I have channels that have Gurbani - like the sehaj paath by the amazing youngsters, or Kirtan or discussions etc. I don't really mind, I am just greatful that Sikhs have a presence on the Satalite channels where they did not before and I think that is a good thing.

If you are creating a channel then there is always going to be a rush to get on air quickly , maybe because of costs or because other channels my also be coming on line, the more the merrier I say.

People can play politics if they like as long as we have nice Sikh channels, and lets face it the two channels we have now - Sikh and Sangat - are both doing an amazing job. Okay there may be some niggly bits but on the whole they are a credit to the people who run them.

I say a big THANK YOU to both channels.

Pyare Bundha I respect your views the more Sachi Gurbani TV channels the better. But this is not school ground Politics once it takes hold it will split the Sangat, spill blood and push people away from Sikhi where MONEY & KURSI take PRIDE for who is the true Sikh leader.

(Do not shrug this off it will happen on TV as it has in Gurdwara's). I am watching and understanding what is going on at the moment and giving ALL these channels a chance to settle and broadcast the True NAAM. But I have already been alarmed at one sentence a "shub chintak" said when he was speaking in an advert on a channel - if this is a glimmer of what may happen then get ready for trouble - I WILL OPENLY BE AGAINST THIS AND POST MY VIEWS THROUGH THE NET.

• 3 weeks later...