The Word Pistol Is Siri Sarabloh Granth

alias

i came accross this is in a book i have, and was wandering what this means, with respect to the dating of siri sarabloh granth. i.e. as to which date the granth was made... i tried to start looking for this in sarabloh granth but i didnt reely know where to start so anyone who is more well versed (as well as those hu are not) id like to also know where this comes (i.e. what ang) in the granth, as well as the steek.. as a side thing, is there still no E-version of sarabloh maharaaj??

i know this is a hot topic for debating and the date is not actually known, but the time period when this granth was written is assumed..

thanks..

daas will appericate all taufaz. wink.gif

smile.gifbiggrin.gif

post-16046-128526425547_thumb.jpg

here is where pistol comes in the steek.. along with the meaning from mahan kosh to rid any discrepencies to what the word actually means...

sikh reality, what do you thin of this??

Would help if there was a pauri number in there, but since its not written finding that line would be extremely hard unless someone knows it off by heart.

sikh reality, what do you thin of this??

post-16046-128534441969_thumb.jpg

post-16046-128534444132_thumb.jpg

i have an very strong idea that plays with what is already known.. but it is purely speculative... and goes against the 'norm' i.e. when and how sri sarbloh granth was put together.. i am not going to say this before anyone asks.. but im making this statment because i am guessing that some may try to turn against me n create stu pedness... basically saying that im against gurujis bani.. and ..(i wish no harm on anyone.)..

but anyway..., this can be over ruled by saying guru ji is antarjami..

also that cannons didnt exist at the time of the great battle (durga n tht..) but sri dasam granth still mentions that in chundi di vaar...

but the thing still remains....

ok.. the cannons and guns were used (or one form or another of it regards to the great battle)... but how coms use the word pistol??...huh.gif

i came accross this is in a book i have, and was wandering what this means, with respect to the dating of siri sarabloh granth. i.e. as to which date the granth was made... i tried to start looking for this in sarabloh granth but i didnt reely know where to start so anyone who is more well versed (as well as those hu are not) id like to also know where this comes (i.e. what ang) in the granth, as well as the steek.. as a side thing, is there still no E-version of sarabloh maharaaj??

i know this is a hot topic for debating and the date is not actually known, but the time period when this granth was written is assumed..

thanks..

daas will appericate all taufaz. wink.gif

smile.gifbiggrin.gif

Veerji r u confused about the english word "pistol" or its existince at DASHMESH PITA JI'S time??

also that cannons didnt exist at the time of the great battle (durga n tht..) but sri dasam granth still mentions that in chundi di vaar...

but the thing still remains

Yes, there are guns and cannons firing in Chandi charitra part 2.This only shows that whole composition is written by Guru Sahib.See the verses where these refernces come. No human other than Guru sahib can write such powerful verses.Shashtar Nam mala also mentions these weapons.There were guns and cannons in Guru sahib's time.

There is nothing to feel strange in this.

Apart from that there is mention of Ramayana and even krishna in chandi charitra. We all know that they had come to this earth much later than Durga period.

ਮਾਨਹੁ ਆਗ ਲਗਾਇ ਹਨੂ ਗੜ ਲੰਕ ਅਵਾਸ ਕੀ ਡਾਰੀ ਅਟਾਰੀ ॥੧੩੨॥

मानहु आग लगाइ हनू गड़ लंक अवास की डारी अटारी ॥१३२॥

It seemed that Hanuman after setting Lanka on fire, has thrown down the loft of the palace of the citadel.132.

Chandi charitra ukti bilas

im not denouncing that there were cannons or anything jeeos.. its just that i havent come accross it in guru granth or dasam prakash... unless iv mist it...

the use of the word actual word is what in asking about... i wouldnt call it confusion ji.

usage of words like 'note' and 'brush' written in english-punjabi is the thing im asking bout.. i did state that "the cannons and guns were used (or one form or another of it regards to the great battle)... but how coms use the word pistol"

and the sakhi that das pita wrote it and gave it to bhagats in the mountains of hemkunt, how could english ppl have existed in india, or rather, the language have existed. if pita ji wrote sri sarabloh granth back then as dust-daman. so if they collected it from these bhagats that lived for a very long time, then how comes the word pistol, the very famillar english word 'pistol' have not turned up in sggs or DG..

my query is not with whether this is dasam jis work, because i do have a speculation like i sez. my queory is with the word used. y use it when it most likely have not existed 'bak then'. and if it was existed bak then, however unlikely the case may be, if it did, how could the word have not turned up in sggs or DG.

my Q

again >>>>how could the word have not turned up in sggs or DG, and have turned up in sarabloh granth.<<<

i thank all for replies.wub.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif