The Word Pistol Is Siri Sarabloh Granth

alias

there were no 'cannons' at the time of durga but guruji mentions cannons and firing. this is because there were different type of cannons/firing-bombs. though, not the cannons we are famillar with now.

I am not getting your view point at all.

There were guns and cannons during Guru sahib's time.Guru ji is mentioning those guns and cannons as he is mentioning names of

Hanuman and krishna who were also not there during Durga's time.This is to present a fierce battle imagery.Read below

ਕਾਗੜਦੰ ਕਾਤੀ ਕਟਾਰੀ ਕੜਾਕੰ ॥

ਤਾਗੜਦੰ ਤੀਰੰ ਤੁਪਕੰ ਤੜਾਕੰ ॥

The sounds of the blows of the daggers and swords are being heard.

The sounds of the shafts and cannon gunshots are being heard. ਤੁਪਕੰ= cannon

ਝਾਗੜਦੰ ਨਾਗੜਦੰ ਬਾਗੜਦੰ ਬਾਜੇ ॥

ਗਾਗੜਦੰ ਗਾਜੀ ਮਹਾ ਗਜ ਗਾਜੇ ॥੩੫॥੧੧੨॥

Various sounds of musical instruments are resounding.

The warriors are roaring and shouting loudly.35.112.

ਸਾਗੜਦੰ ਸੂਰੰ ਕਾਗੜਦੰ ਕੋਪੰ ॥

ਪਾਗੜਦੰ ਪਰਮੰ ਰਣੰ ਪਾਵ ਰੋਪੰ ॥

The great heroes have been struck.

And the brave fighters are belching.36.1

ਛਾਗੜਦੰ ਛਉਹੀ ਛੁਰੇ ਪ੍ਰੇ ਛੜਾਕੇ ॥ ਤਾਗੜਦੰ ਤੀਰੰ ਤੁਪਕੰ ਤੜਾਕੇ ॥੩੮॥੧੧੫॥

The arrows and the guns are creating their own noses.38.115.

ਤਾਗੜਦੰ ਤੀਰੰ ਬਾਗੜਦੰ ਬਾਣੰ ॥ ਕਾਗੜਦੰ ਕਾਤੀ ਕਟਾਰੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਣੰ ॥

The noises of the arrows and shafts, daggers and swords are being heard.

Chandi chartitra part 2

This proves that Guru sahib has altered the text to a great extent by his own input.Hence Chandi charitra written by Guru sahib in Dasam Granth sahib

should not be considered a carbon copy of original text of markandey purana.

According to the etymology of the word pistol we hear that the word goes back to the 16th century and that it is a french word. Maharaj already mentions France various times in Dasam Granth hence the word must have been used in India at the time.

pistol Look up pistol at Dictionary.com

"small hand-held firearm," c.1570, from M.Fr. pistole "short firearm" (1566), of uncertain origin, sometimes said to be from Ger. Pistole, from Czech pis'tala "firearm," lit. "tube, pipe," from pisteti "to whistle," of imitative origin, related to Rus. pischal "shepherd's pipe." But earlier form pistolet (1550) is from M.Fr. pistolet "a small firearm," also "a small dagger," which may be the literal sense; though some connect this word with It. pistolese, in reference to Pistoia, town in Tuscany noted for gunsmithing. Pistol-whip is first recorded 1942.

Etymology of "pistol"

The word "pistol" is derived from the French pistole (or pistolet), which has these possible origins:

Thanks for the post. In Punjab it is also known as pistaul.

I am still not able to get what alias is trying to say.

Is he doubting Sarabloh granth just because word pistol appears in that?

It is not that easy to arrive at such conclusions just based on hearsays.

i duno bout hanuman n that, im jus talking bout the guns..

i am saying that at the time of durga, there were no guns. at the time of guru sahib, there were.

guru sahib is talking bout the battle of durga where there were no cannons/guns.

guru sahib mentions guns and stuf.. THIS IS FINE. i am NOT debating this.

and fine, all battles were and are feirce or wotever. fine.

i am saying that >> Y USE THE WORD PISTOL<<

this is as planely as i can state it.. it may sound that i am against sarabloh or whatever, but im not.. and how can u say its @hearsay' wen iv given u all u need in the attachments??!!?! wacko.gifblink.gifhuh.gif if u dont understand what im saying, then y post.. i do appreciate ur posts tho.

and the pronunciation as 'pistaul' in punjabi is the same as the standard word 'pistol'. its not another word!.. indian ppl pronounce words weird. like the word 'southall'.! :)

re the word france,

i take you are refferig to akaal ustat > farasi firangi francys ky durangi...< thas k... the word is used... used twice in DG in akaal ustat. this can be taken to mean the four corners of the world etc..

but the word pistol is not used in SGGS or DG. and just cus the country france is written bout, it dont mean that the word pistol was also known bout... after all, no word pistol in SGGS and DG.

and though the word was in circulation by 1570 or what have u, it doesent reely prove that the word pistol was in india. much words like 'brush' and 'note' (most prob) came fter british raaj.

dasam pita didnt use the word 'pistol' in DG, when they give the shastar nam mala, or the shastarnama, or any of the other jungs n that..

the first time iv come across this word is in sarabloh granth.

i will admit that because of this, i question the time of writing of siri sarabloh granth. i do not question the author ship being that or dasam pita however. because it sez mukhvaak 10.

as a side note, i take it that all believe that guru gobind singh ji can and has been and visited earth randomly.. and given othr ppl darshan..and other astaans etc...

There is another word after pistal written as Hooka-ban.That does not mean it is hooka.It is interpreted as

as a weapon that goes by fit and start.

In the same way it is perfectly right to interpret pistal as pistaul. One has to be master of languages used at that

time to interpret it otherwise.Language undergoes change with passage of time.There are many common words

found in Punjabi and European languages as our language comes from that tree.

There is another word after pistal written as Hooka-ban.That does not mean it is hooka.It is interpreted as

as a weapon that goes by fit and start.

In the same way it is perfectly right to interpret pistal as pistaul. One has to be master of languages used at that

time to interpret it otherwise.Language undergoes change with passage of time.There are many common words

found in Punjabi and European languages as our language comes from that tree.

jimbo ji, you are not a master of languages. i duno which tree u are talking bout. next thing u are gona tell me is the the the word not is also fron punjabi and other words like Pokt is the stem word for a popular modern day swear word! just as the jabi ppl say southall as saouthaaal, and the word formula as faarmoola, is the same way as they say the word pistol as pistaaul.

there is no stem word ji that exists as pistol from indian jabi!!!

and yes, i am saying jabi cus writing the word 'punjabi' again and again is too long.. so i dont want u to tell me that im wrong cus im saying jabi insted of PUNjabi!.

ji, it is not my purpose to offend u in any way.. all i want from this mesage is the feeling i feel of how rediculous i think that the argument is (not thow rediculious u are, cus u are not rediculous) that the worl pistaul has come from an indian stem root...

i do not mean to offend, do not take this msg personally, so forgive if any thing mest with ur heart and feeling.

thanks ji.

1 mor thing, if u look at the mahan kosh pic i put up and look at number 1 that iv circled, the pistaul is the same as pistol. then look at circle 2. just before the english spelt 'Pistol' there sez an aira with a tipi. this means it is from angrez, english origon.. i take it that u mist this point in the mahan kosh pic..

this pic is what is ment to show up on the post..

post-16046-128567332453_thumb.jpg

I am talking about tree from where our language originate.If not aware of that read the history of languages and you will find that our language is

of Indo European stock. Sikha ji has tried to make you to understand that but you fail to comprehend that.

Please research basics before casting doubts on our Scriptures.

Sarabloh granth has been with Nihung singhs from the beginnin and Nihung singhs are not a recent invention. You have to live with this word as it is

as there seems to be nothing wrong with that.

all languages originate from the same place! thas fine!!! but it dont prove anything duuude!!!

u have no idea of my question so i duno y u even post.. i cant take ur posts seriously nemore.

and!!! u cant use the reason the nhangs have been around for a long time, what u gona say bout jhatka then??!! its not right n they do that... also the bhang... anongst other things!

ur reasons are all baseless. u dont regard my replies. u assume too much. and because u dont understand where to go with my question thatu dont understand, u are posting the first thing that comes to u.

in reality, you are not trying to convince me, u are trying to secure your own securities.. i have not stated anywhere that i doubt scriptures. and u accuse. this is detrimental, to this post. i think that its u that has the doubts and are worrying about this thred, and are trying to sort your own ideas out. thas fine, but reely....do u need to do this on this thred??

this is y i was hesitant on posting this thred cus ppl like yourself would not know what to say..but post anyway just winding me up as the thred goes along.

if no proper posts are going to come to this thred and randomers are going to post, then i request to the MODS to close this down, on the premis that sikh-relality-jwala PMs me bak...

fateh.

Ask yourself what you want to know. You seem not to know that yourself.

You started with sarabloh granth and then you brought in Chandi charitra of Dasam Granth

asking why Guns and cannon are mentioned in that as per you these weapons were not there

during Durga period. You were shown some examples and then you withdrew from that point.

Now you are adamant on word pistol without being sure what you want. Similar words will be

found in our language and languages of Europe as they originate from same tree. Keep

that in mind in future.

Khalsa ustat is being sung by khalsa panth since the formation of khalsa and that is from

Sarbloh granth.

Do not talk derogatory about Nihungs.They are pride of panth.Ony a panth dokhi can talk like that.