How Do Us Sikhs Feel About Republicans?

dalsingh101

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surely you can follow the analogy of a group of people who may be perfectly polite and decent on an individual level, but end up supporting some political monster which turns out to be a force for evil.

I'm sure not every Nazi voting German was a jack boot wearing, SS/Gestapo, Jew burning type but their decision to support the party still helped unleash a lot of nastiness on the globe.

Do you really not get it?

My boss was staunch republican. He was on of the best human beings i came across in my life.

We used to visit each others homes. He told me that being conservative does not mean racism.

Conservatism is care for family values and against dilution of basic norms of society propagated by

liberal left.

He used to value my honesty so much that once he gave me whole year's pay in the beginning of the year.

Do not paint all people with same brush.

My boos was staunch republican. He was on of the best human beings i came across in my life.

We used to visit each others homes. He told me that being conservative does not mean racism.

Conservatism is care for family values and against dilution of basic norms of society propagated by

liberal left.

He used to value my honesty so much that once he gave me whole year's pay in the beginning of the year.

Do not paint all people with same brush.

You're not getting it. Please try harder.

This isn't about individuals but the characteristics of the leaders/leadership they choose to support. What those they support REALLY stand for, behind all the posturing.

I voted for Tony Blair myself when I was younger, I later came to regret this when I realised what he really stood for, or at least what he turned into later on.

The point is that by supporting people who have evil intentions, we become part of the mechanism which allows the evil to take place. Even if we don't actually do it ourselves in person. If I'm cool with my Muslim neighbor say, and then go on to vote in a government which attacks and bombs his country on some fake pretext, then I don't think that superficial friendliness really counts for much.

The current incarnation of the Republicans are barely concealed right wingers.

I've had BNP supporting types act friendly and nice to me, now if I was a simpleton, I could turn around and think 'Oh, they were nice, maybe the BNP movement isn't really bad at all?" But that would be stupidity of the highest order on my part. Ignoring the contours of a movement because of individual experiences of people related to it on a peripheral basis is a bit dangerous.

I've said my piece now. Lets hope you yanks don't manage to put another dumb@ss warmonger on the hot-seat like last time.

Spare us please.

Plus realise for your own sakes, if you put another numbskull in power, you will see your country go down the drain and you'll only have yourselves to blame.

Individuals make a society. Personal qualities of individuals reflect in society.That is why Churchill

passed very caustic remarks about leaders of India who were to inherit the mantle of governing

in 1947. His remarks proved to be true.

I am not aware of state of affairs in UK. But USA, by and large, is a very tolerating country towards

outsiders. People are good and that is why so many immigrants call it their home.

Sikhs are more discriminated in India than here. This is our own country and i am proud of it.

I am not aware of state of affairs in UK. But USA, by and large, is a very tolerating country towards

outsiders. People are good and that is why so many immigrants call it their home.

Sikhs are more discriminated in India than here. This is our own country and i am proud of it.

Okay, Americans just try not to make the rest of us suffer by putting a bad person on the throne again.

I know you yanks really have the patriotic flag saluting thing drummed into you from young but try and be a bit more global in your thinking Singh. As great as the US is for you and other Americans, there are plenty of people around the world for whom it sucks. Not all of them are terrorists.

I hope you people have learned the appropriate lessons from the Bush 'experience'.

Individuals make a society. Personal qualities of individuals reflect in society.That is why Churchill

passed very caustic remarks about leaders of India who were to inherit the mantle of governing

in 1947. His remarks proved to be true.

That America is better than India in most (if not all) ways doesn't mean that one can ignore the implications of having malevolent leaders. India hasn't got the balls to be outwardly aggressive and just abuses their own inhabitants. America by dint of its military strength usually points its aggression outwards (usually it is the Republicans who instigate this stuff, at least recently it has been).

Neither is right.

Bush got 50.7% of votes the second election, he LOST the popular vote for the first election. So please realize that before you blame Americans for everything. Just imagine a world where all problems could not be blamed on the US.... actually you wont have to. Pretty soon it will be China calling the shots... worlds gonna be in for a reality check...

Its pretty easy to blast people/countries that you know nothing about on the internet. Its much harder to actually get out there and do something about it. If you have such strong opinions, and you seem to care so much, then why are your posting things on a forum. Go get stuff done. Seriously, I don't even mean that in jest. There are PLENTY of people who sit on the internet and blast other people all day long... if 1 out of 10000 of you guys actually got out and did something the world would be a MUCH better place.

I feel incredibly stupid for wasting so much time on this BS, so I wont be responding any more. I hope you don't either, because I hope you are out doing something about one of the many issues that you feel so strongly about.

Pretty soon it will be China calling the shots... worlds gonna be in for a reality check...

I don't think change will as bad as some people make out. There is a tendency by Americans to grossly generalise threats such as the 'commie' one. I have a lot of international friends and they tell me China's contribution to developing nations such as Africa is significant and visual.

Its pretty easy to blast people/countries that you know nothing about on the internet.

What makes you think I know nothing about the country? I know lots of people who constantly come and go from the place.

Its much harder to actually get out there and do something about it. If you have such strong opinions, and you seem to care so much, then why are your posting things on a forum. Go get stuff done. Seriously, I don't even mean that in jest. There are PLENTY of people who sit on the internet and blast other people all day long... if 1 out of 10000 of you guys actually got out and did something the world would be a MUCH better place.

It is presumptuous of you to assume we all do nothing based on our convictions, even if we do not advertise what we do. What I'm talking about is not simply 'blasting' people blindly over the net but a genuine from the heart plea for Americans to be more careful with the political decisions they make and for Sikhs to make their decisions carefully given recent American history.

I feel incredibly stupid for wasting so much time on this BS, so I wont be responding any more. I hope you don't either, because I hope you are out doing something about one of the many issues that you feel so strongly about.

I thought one of the greatest benefits of the net was to allow open, international exchanges of ideas and communication. Now that we do that, you wish to stop. You are right in that ground level action is of paramount importance but don't underplay the role of using technology to hear views that may otherwise allude you. Americans are notorious for an insular worldview out here. So it becomes even more important that you do in that context.

I'm feeling strongly about it and I am letting you know. If you value 'freedom of speech' so much, why stifle this debate?

Yeah, it was an electoral win, he didn't win by popular vote at all. Anyways, I'm mainly independent. I'm conservative and liberal on issues, i guess you can say i'm fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

What's ironic is the right wingers aren't fiscally conservative really anymore, at least they aren't if they support the war still.

(I'm from the States btw)

Yeah, it was an electoral win, he didn't win by popular vote at all. Anyways, I'm mainly independent. I'm conservative and liberal on issues, i guess you can say i'm fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

What's ironic is the right wingers aren't fiscally conservative really anymore, at least they aren't if they support the war still.

(I'm from the States btw)

Well, if you think about it, Republicans or at least their 'friends' probably have benefited quite significantly from arms sales and security contracts with the wars. So in their own world this probably has been a good money maker? Obviously they are vehemently against sharing their profits with others, which is another matter altogether.

Think oil too, especially in terms of Iraq. I wonder what has been going on in that area?