How Do Us Sikhs Feel About Republicans?

dalsingh101

Well, if you think about it, Republicans or at least their 'friends' probably have benefited quite significantly from arms sales and security contracts with the wars. So in their own world this probably has been a good money maker? Obviously they are vehemently against sharing their profits with others, which is another matter altogether.

Think oil too, especially in terms of Iraq. I wonder what has been going on in that area?

That's a misconception, the percent that do probably profit is hardly significant (i'd guess like less than half of a percent). Most republicans are families who are tied to family values, the extraneous factor is the whole racism issue...it's common for racism to fuel some of the policy decisions, however, it's not really always exclusive to republicans.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a misconception, the percent that do probably profit is hardly significant (i'd guess like less than half of a percent).

I wasn't implying that all rank and file Republican supporters profit from the misadventures, just that they enable it to go on by empowering Bush types and then largely having some sort of selective blindness to what subsequently goes on. It's like how the rest of the world could see that Bush was up to no good and was really intellectually challenged (seriously, someone like him wouldn't even be allowed to managed a McDonalds here let alone a country). That being said, corruption like this isn't unique to any one party.

The thing with the Republicans that people in the states probably don't see is that they do seem to uncannily mirror a mentality from the 'old world' (that some of us are very familiar with here). So in amongst the good old fashioned family values they are associated with, there is also an association with more negative worldviews that dictate their internal and foreign policies. They still seem to have that deceptive resource grabbing mentality so conspicuously seen in the historic East India Company from Britain.

But it looks like the games up now. They double-whammied themselves with costly wars and the meltdown of the banking sector, itself due to the greedy, arrogant culture in Wall Street (and London too).

In any case, there is no need for us to get worked up. We are Sikhs in a new globalised world just shooting the breeze. We are living in times of unprecedented change. How the cards will fall - nobody knows. One thing we should all be acutely aware of however is that we are, indeed, living in very interesting times.

I personally thank Waheguru for that.

Every haed of country will strike abck when his nation is attacked by hoodlums of al

qeada type.They are the ones to start this agme first.

It is not just reublicans.Do you remember when Bill clinton fired missiles in Afghanistan from fleet

stationed off pakistani coast.Why he did it? Because fanatics of al qeada attacked Americans most probably

in somalia or Kenya when they bombed their emabassy.

I am not able to understand your logic? Do you want Govt. Of USA to remain a spectator when they launch

attacks without any reason? Learn about sikh teachings that teach to defend the soil that feed you.

Every haed of country will strike abck when his nation is attacked by hoodlums of al

Are you serious?

What did Iraq have to do with America being attacked?

It is not just reublicans.Do you remember when Bill clinton fired missiles in Afghanistan from fleet

stationed off pakistani coast.Why he did it? Because fanatics of al qeada attacked Americans most probably

in somalia or Kenya when they bombed their emabassy.

I am not able to understand your logic? Do you want Govt. Of USA to remain a spectator when they launch

attacks without any reason? Learn about sikh teachings that teach to defend the soil that feed you.

GPS veer ji, please watch this video:

If terrorism was the real problem, there would be ways to fix it. Remember, terrorists don't give up their lives for no reason. There's a reason why they are doing what they do. Many are taken advantage of and used. A good movie to watch is Paradise Now, it's a Palestinian movie my AP Comp teacher showed us...

Really gets in the shoes of the person...

Pointless arguments. Don't judge the party but judge individual party candidates. Democrats and Republicans can be good/bad; all depends on case by case. I hate few things about dems and same thing with republican party. Bringing race issue in the above argument is not very civil and please ignore that in future.

I hold old generation republicans @ very high level as they have true american values (take an example of south). Don't confuse rednecks (who probably never vote) or tea party, fox news with original republicans. I will give it a few years and see where this republican party will head. If they accept tea party as one of them.. then it is serious as they are the one who making all fuss because of a Black Man is sitting in White House.

Regarding what Obama and his team is doing.. this picture explains all well..

post-10-128616149058_thumb.jpg

That was a cool picture Vicky. Really gets at the heart of the matter.

Make a REALLY BIG mess yourselves and then blame the poor fellow who has inherited it and is trying to keep things together under the most difficult of circumstances.

bak bak vaadh chalaaeiaa bin naavai bikh jaan||

how about we stop propagating neo-media warfare and do our own research being unbiased instead of listening to liberal media or fox. how about we grow up and make decisions based on rationality and not what a comedian told us on comdey central. how about we look at individuals that comprise a party and actually look at the goals of a party and not go on he said she said childish garbage that brainwashes you and you rely on that instead of your own research from unbiased sources.

im not a racist

im not anglican white

im not the "wealthy"

i do not profit from arm sales

im not christian

im not the white devil

I am Sikh

I am a Shasterdhari rehatvaan singh

and I AM REPUBLICAN

im not a racist

im not anglican white

im not the "wealthy"

im not christian

im not the white devil

I am Sikh

and I AM REPUBLICAN

Are you sure you are not going to end up as an outliner token either?

Sources of truth aren't limited to certain people of certain backgrounds. So if someone can make statements that can be verified and backed up, in this day and age of complete lies, spin and dishonest politics, I couldn't care a toss if they are wearing a coco the clown outfit with a big red nose and oversized pants to boot. Hell, if someone can give me facts and make me laugh at the same time, then kudos to them.

Where is your sense of humour Singh?

PS - You're not Nikki Haley's cousin or something are you?

bak bak vaadh chalaaeiaa bin naavai bikh jaan||

how about we stop propagating neo-media warfare and do our own research being unbiased instead of listening to liberal media or fox. how about we grow up and make decisions based on rationality and not what a comedian told us on comdey central. how about we look at individuals that comprise a party and actually look at the goals of a party and not go on he said she said childish garbage that brainwashes you and you rely on that instead of your own research from unbiased sources.

im not a racist

im not anglican white

im not the "wealthy"

im not christian

im not the white devil

I am Sikh

and I AM REPUBLICAN

rolleyes.gif