Grays Beadbi Protest, Sikh Tv Channels & Leaders

Pyara

Further to Central Gurdwara London (Khalsa Jatha), Gurdwara Singh Sabha London East and Singh Sabha Gurdwara Hitchin, I have also been made aware that Gurdwara Singh Sabha Southall, Gurdwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha Slough, AKJ UK and Scottish Sikhs have also written to Grays Gurdwara. Please can anyone scan those letters onto the forum......Thanks

Just bumping what Satkaar Committee have advocated below.

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh!

Protocol for meeting scheduled with Grays Gurdwara Committee on 16th October 2010.

Gursikhs are requested to start gathering at the Grays Gurdwara at 12pm sharp. A meeting with the committee has been requested for 2pm.

A large Gursikh presence is requested to show the Grays Gurdwara Committee that the UK Sikh Sangat has been deeply hurt by the sacrilege of allowing meat, alcohol and tobacco within the Gurdwara premises and properties where Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is present

However:

- Gursikhs attending must understand that there may still not be a resolve during the meeting

- Gursikhs must show restraint and conduct themselves respectfully even when addressing the Gurdwara Committee members or any attendees of the Party.

- Intimidation or violent behaviour will NOT be tolerated

- Support those Gursikhs who will be taking a lead on the day

- Do not come looking intimidating i.e. do not wear hoodies or any face coverings. To show solidarity please wear blue Dastars, Rumallas and Chunnis.

- No swearing or slogans will be permitted, you must partake in Naam Simiran, Mool Mantra and Chaupai Sahib Jaap to receive blessings from Guruji

- Gursikhs must educate the unaware and the foolish about Gursikh principles and Akal Takhat Rehit Maryada, leaflets will be available for distribution

- The power of Gursikhs (men and women, old and young) turning up in large numbers, showing solidarity and restraint, adhering to Guruji principles, will portray a stronger message to this committee and the other Gurdwara committees who allow this beadbi to happen on a weekly basis in Gurdwara properties.

- Sikh Tv will be present for you to voice your concerns to the wider Sikh Community

- Sewdars will provide Langar on the day

This is the first time in many years that the Sikh Community collectively will be standing up to stop this beadbi from happening across the UK. It could take many years to eradicate this from our Community and your support will be need over this time.

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Satkaar@hotmail.co.uk

post-1686-038377600 1287063109_thumb.jpg

I have read this web site alot but alot of rubbish have been said like PENDOO, BESHARM, <banned word filter activated>, any Sikh person should not use <banned word filter activated> langage.

I have lived in Sevenkings for a long time. I have known the history of the Barking and Grays Gurdwara. I remember when our community hired this hall for weddings and afterwards for the party receiption. Before this this hall used to be a shoe factory.

The Grays community members brought this building, the ground floor for the langar hall and the upstairs for the diwan hall and the back hall to be used for social welfare. (from 1974 to 2007), and nobody has raised a finger since then.

WHY KNOW?

I recently visited the Grays Gurdwara, I saw the community hall. This hall is been used for activities for young people i.e. fitness, yoga, punjabi classes, indian cooking, semiars and parties.

The community hall has NO ACCESS TO THE GURDWARA.

The GRAYS SANGAT CAN'T BE WRONG.

I think you should make an appointment with the committee and the sangat. Protest is not the right way forward.

THE GRAYS COMMUNITY IS A VERY GOOD AND CLOSE COMMUNITY LIKE EVERY WHERE ELSE.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

VEHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Mod Note: Multiple Accounts are not allowed on this forum. Please choose whether you want to use gill10 or SatGuru7 account.

If the Gray's Gurdwara Committee and Gray's Sangat are RIGHT, then they are welcome to justify their actions (what are discussion forums for?).

Also....since they are the culprits, it's THEIR duty to take the initiative and organize a meeting with the rest of the UK Sangat.

I have read this web site alot but alot of rubbish have been said like PENDOO, BESHARM, <banned word filter activated>, any Sikh person should not use <banned word filter activated> langage.

I have lived in Sevenkings for a long time. I have known the history of the Barking and Grays Gurdwara. I remember when our community hired this hall for weddings and afterwards for the party receiption. Before this this hall used to be a shoe factory.

The Grays community members brought this building, the ground floor for the langar hall and the upstairs for the diwan hall and the back hall to be used for social welfare. (from 1974 to 2007), and nobody has raised a finger since then.

WHY KNOW?

I recently visited the Grays Gurdwara, I saw the community hall. This hall is been used for activities for young people i.e. fitness, yoga, punjabi classes, indian cooking, semiars and parties.

The community hall has NO ACCESS TO THE GURDWARA.

The GRAYS SANGAT CAN'T BE WRONG.

I think you should make an appointment with the committee and the sangat. Protest is not the right way forward.

THE GRAYS COMMUNITY IS A VERY GOOD AND CLOSE COMMUNITY LIKE EVERY WHERE ELSE.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

VEHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Mod Note: Multiple Accounts are not allowed on this forum. Please choose whether you want to use gill10 or SatGuru7 account.

Gill10/Satgur7/Grays Committee,

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Many thanks for making contact on this forum.

Just to clarify a point.

It is NOT a "protest" (as you have termed) taking place on Saturday 16 October 2010, it is an "assembly" of Sikhs who will pay reverence to the holy Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj at Grays Gurdwara as well as hold a courteous dialogue with the members of the Grays Gurdwara regarding the social issues of alcohol abuse, teachings of the Sikh Gurus and Sri Akal Takht Maryada.

Members of Grays Gurdwara have been made aware of this.

post-24999-028637800 1287125430_thumb.jp

post-24999-055845200 1287125507_thumb.jp

Gill10/Satgur7/Grays Committee,

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Many thanks for making contact on this forum.

Just to clarify a point.

It is NOT a "protest" (as you have termed) taking place on Saturday 16 October 2010, it is an "assembly" of Sikhs who will pay reverence to the holy Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj at Grays Gurdwara as well as hold a courteous dialogue with the members of the Grays Gurdwara regarding the social issues of alcohol abuse, teachings of the Sikh Gurus and Sri Akal Takht Maryada.

Members of Grays Gurdwara have been made aware of this.

It is very easy to criticise people and Organisations that have put themselves forward to lead the Panth. However even they may not have the skills, time, experience etc to take on all issues. Leadership is earned through actions and respect. Time and time again we have people especially youths say that there needs to be a change in Leadership. How can this happen, not by using a common e-mail or just having a contact number, some may say this is true seva, to avoid 'huma', but others could say these people are to afraid to put themselves forward.

This is a test for new leadership. Those that are part of Satkar Committee, or leading it, need to come forward and lead this campaign, by galvanising and getting people on-borad to take this issue seriously. they need to lead, by organising a meeting, with invites to all existing leadership, with an agenda and straetgy for this campaign. It will be through their actions that others will follow. So DO NOT RELY ON OTHER ORGANISATIONS OR LEADERS TO TAKE THE LEAD, IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THIS THEN LEAD YOURSELVES, USING YOUR PERSONALITIES THROUGH SIKHI.