Grays Beadbi Protest, Sikh Tv Channels & Leaders

Pyara

Just been confimed with Sikh Channel, Manpreet Singh and his crew will be there tomorrow! Also Sangat Tv have apologised as they dont have the resources to come down however will be happy to broadcast any recording taken on the day! Sikh Tv has previous announced their coverage on the day!!

Our Sikh Media is stepping up to the mark. May guruji bless his panth with a strong media network!!

I heard Sikh Channel had agreed to actually play an advert on the protest in advance of it, though this doesn't appear to be happening. It's great that Sikh Channel has finally responded to the Sangat at this late stage (given that they were made aware of this issue 4 months ago!). An advert raising awareness today or even a scroll would be most appreciated!!!

IMPORTANCE OF MAINTAINING DISCIPLINE TOMORROW - BY JAGJIT SINGH WAKEFIELD

Vaheguru ji ke khalsa Vaheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, occasionally Gursikhs have to come together to do a morcha in front of some anti-Gurmat activity. However sometimes I have seen in the past, that those committing anti-Gurmat activities can be so provocative that they go to some amazing lengths to rouse up the Gursikhs. The aim behind this is often to get a re-action which can be blown up to show the Gursikhs are just as badly behaved as them.

This is why Gursikhs need to learn from Guru ji that we should not lose our virtues, just because others provoke you, or situations can get tense. For a Gursikh, his discipline should be paramount and as a result he never loses his/her virtues.

The most amazing example of this is from Guru ji himself, when Sahib Siri Guru Arjan Dev Ji sat on the hot plate, everyone around him lost their virtues and were in engulfed in the relative passions and anger, but Guru ji was amazing, and not just that tense situation, but even the hot plate was unable to affect his Supreme mindset.

Looking back, the generation that did the most seva was the Marjeevaria Gursikhs who with Baba Kharak Singh and many other Gursikhs freed our Gurdwara sahibs. Never have we seen a sight when everyday 50-100 totally disciplined Gursikhs did ardas and went to their morchas with Naam and Bani in their hearts. They had a Sarbloh Spirit (Iron clad Spirit). They realised that their every action represents their father Sahib Siri Guru Gobind Singh ji, and despite so much torture and provocation, they never once failed to uphold his honour.

Below is an amazing account of such a Morcha from Gurmat bibek. So many in our generation can learn so much from these amazing souls in terms of discipline. If a Gursikh does not have discipline, then it is questionable if he/she is a Gursikh.

So if any Gursikh faces a situation where a morcha is required, please remember those amazing souls who never forgot who their father was, and as a result never lost discipline and ensured their morha was fateh, but with the dignity expected by their father. http://www.gurmatbibek.com/contents.php?id=82

How a British Officer admitted defeat from Sikhs<BR class=ecxwebkit-block-placeholder><P align=justify>Vaheguru jee ka Khalsa Vaheguru jee kee fateh !

One day, Sodhi Harbhajan Singh jee (writer of famous book Bhajan Bandagi Da Pratap) was standing in a shop in Jabalpur that an English couple walked in and said fateh to him loudly. Harbhajan Singh was surprised to hear fateh from the English couple. Sodhi Harbhajan Singh jee started talking to them and asked them how come they know so much about Sikhism. Upon this the English gentleman told him his story as follows:

""""I was a police captain in 1924 when the Akalis launched Bhai Pheru morcha in Lahore city of Punjab (now in Pakistan). I got special orders from the Inspector General of Police to crush the Sikhs. I told him that I could do so only if I was to be given the police party of my choice. At this he agreed and I hand picked the most ruthless and strong young men from backgrounds such as Lyalpuri Jaanglis and Jhelami Jaats. I took my police party to Gurdwara Bhai Pheru and surrounded the disputed place with wire and had my police party stationed there.

The first Jatha started marching from Amritsar and slowly reached Gurdwara Bhai Pheru after doing prachaar (preaching) in several villages on their way. On the day of the arrival of the Jatha at Gurdwara Bhai Pheru I asked my toughest Thanedaar (Police Officer) to get me the list of all the members of Jatha along with their father's name and home address. That afternoon I got surprised when I saw the list. All Jatha members had listed Guru Gobind Singh as their father. I got really mad when I saw the list and swore at the Thanedaar for failing to get even the name of their father.

The thanedaar replied that he tried his best but no one in the Jatha gave any other name for their father but Guru Gobind Singh. My wife who was sitting beside me mocked me by saying that if I can't even get their father's name how the hell am I going to crush them. At this I vowed that I will eat my breakfast the next day, only after getting their father's name from them.

Next day I chose 50 stern and strong-hearted policemen and asked them to pick 25 old and weak members of the Jatha. I then ordered that let two policemen hold one Sikh and use whatever means to make them spit out their father's name. I further said that whoever does it first would get a gold medal and special recognition from the government. Hearing my order, the policemen started beating the Jatha members savagely till they got unconscious. Then they would bring them back to senses and beat them again. But none of them told their worldly father's name. All they would say was Guru Gobind Singh and Vaheguru. When they failed to get any results I asked the police officers to remove their belts and get the hell out of there. By that time it was 10am and I was feeling really hungry.

I chose another 50 policemen and asked them to do the same thing. I asked them to use very severe measures to torture the Jatha members to break their resolve of not telling the name of their worldly father. I knew that if they admit defeat and spit out their father’s name, then they would also accept the defeat of their agitation. A lot was at stake. I put their hands upside down under the Charpai (indian beds) and made the police officers jump on the beds. The Sikhs were in great pain but they did not yield. I even made my policemen hammer nails in their buttocks but still we were unable to break their resolve.

By 6pm I was badly tired and was extremely hungry. I lost all my pride and ego and felt totally helpless in front of those non-violent lions. I picked up the phone and dialed to the IG of police and resigned. The next day I took train to Bombay and went to England. I wrote it down on the resignation letter that no one should mess with the Sikhs."""""

This story is very inspiring. Could someone shed more light on the cause of Gurdwara Sahib Bhai Pheru wala morcha ? I heard another similar story of a chardi kala wala Kharkoo who did not disclose his worldly father's name to the torturing police party; and named Siri Guru Gobind Singh as his father and Sri Anandpur Sahib as his village.

I believe that the Akalis of early twentieth century made a very proud addition to the glorious Sikh history by achieving so much non-violently.

Kulbir Singh

So if any Gursikh faces a situation where a morcha is required, please remember those amazing souls who never forgot who their father was, and as a result never lost discipline and ensured their morha was fateh, but with the dignity expected by their father.

Dhan Guru Dhan Guru Pyaray!

dear Satkaar

i have nothing to do with SatGuru7, i don't know who this person is

sorry

MOD NOTE: We beg to differ as you are both using the same computer. Creating multiple ID's is a forum no no but in the spirit of this discussion we will allow to post as a response on behalf of Grey's committee. However if any more fake ID's are created, your posting priviledges on all the multiple acounts will be revoked.