Grays Beadbi Protest, Sikh Tv Channels & Leaders

Pyara

I have made perfectly valid points. I have just joined this forum yesterday as I came across this and feel strongly about the hipocrasy in the Sikhs, like the Hazur Sahib thing. Either taking a life like sacrificing a goat is right, or is wrong, people can not sit on the fence.

And nobody talks about the situation in Bhatra Gurdwara's, why ? That is the worst kind of beadbi.

I don't see Akal Takhat letters being sent to other Gurdwaras ?

The Hazur Sahib thing is fact. And Sikhs are allowing it to happen, so naturally there will be confusion. I don't see anyone going over to Hazur Sahib to stop this thing.

So if this is the first Gurdwara to have protests regarding this meat and alcohol issue, then I expect as has been mentioned that others will follow.

So the question is, which Gurdwara will it be tomorrow, and what is the plan for the doing this at other Gurdwara's in the coming weeks and months ? Does anyone know ? No doubt there will be these kind of parties at Gurdwara Halls taking place tomorrow as well.

If after this protest, the whole thing fizzles out then, I rest my case. I hope it does not, but that's what it seems like in the abscence of any concerted overall plan, to tackle ALL the Gurdwara's in the country.

Wahegure Ji Ka Khalsa.

1) The Sikh Council UK is a long term initiative and still in the process of being set up. Its creation should help in preventing inappropriate activities, such as these, associated with Gurdwaras. Don't criticise something before it is set up, constitution/objectives are being finalised and structures are to be decided. Once it is formally set up and operational we will be able to judge if it is able to respond to the Sangat's needs.

2) Two national bodies recognised by the UK Government have had no mention on this thread:

British Sikh Consultative Forum - Its executive when last on the internet included Bhai Mohinder Singh (Soho Road), Dr Jasdev Singh Rai, Dr Sandhu Singh, Joga Singh, Balwinder Singh Chaheru, Kulwant Singh Dhesi, Jaswinder Singh Nagra etc.

Network of Sikh Organisations - Dr Indarjit Singh

These two bodies claim to have many Gurdwaras who are their members, so the 'organisers' should not ignore these existing bodies that claim to and are recognised by the UK Government as representing us!

3) Suggest a more constructive way of involving the likes of the Sikh Federation (UK) who organise many campaigns/events is for the 'organisers' to meet the leadership of the Federation. Several of the National Executive Council (NEC) will be present today in Grays.

4) Reference to anonymous individuals speaking to Bhai Amrik Singh, the Chair of the Sikh Federation (UK), and what he said or did not say do not help in a united effort in pressuring those in Grays to do the right thing. If the Sikh Federation (UK) resorted to such tactics against organisations who do not participate in all its campaigns (Census, Dastaar, articles of faith, opposing Kamal Nath, human rights etc.) / events (protests, lobbies, Gurdwara programmes etc.) where it leads it would prove to be counter productive.

5) It is for organisations and individual Sikhs themselves to decide on campaigns/events in which they will participate in an official capacity. The Federation has a record of wide participation and leading many campaigns/events and supporting others. It therefore has a record which it can defend in comparison to any other Sikh organisation in the UK and for this reason it is no surprise everyone looks to the Federation to play a major part in such events.

6) The constructive suggestion is where others are taking the lead in organising campaigns/events and they wish the Federation to take a prominent role try and meet the leadership of the Federation rather than resort to anonymous phone calls, posts on the Internet etc.

See you in Grays later today!

Wow! The protest was a great success! Singhs and singhnis from accross the uk shook grays committee. The party was rearranged by the family to another venue. Stupid committee lot were afraid to come out of their office and speak to the sangat and media. Grays sangat better get their act together otherwise the uk sangat will have to step things up!