Grays Beadbi Protest, Sikh Tv Channels & Leaders

Pyara

Admin - can you PLEASE move this in the General forum?

Legal challenge won't mean nothing to the Pendoo Committee at Grays. PLUS who's going to pay all the legal fees?

I'm sure the protest will work. It will wreck the Kurmaaee for the families involved, and going forwards, families will consider whether they really want their programme wrecked for their own egotistical reasons!

hukumnamas and sandeshs mean nothing to this committee, even naming and shaming means nothing to someone who is besharm. I also fail to see legal action being succesdful especially as no uk sikh jathebhandi is responible enough to champion or fund the legal action.

so, in the event of no interest shown by any other elder sikh group in either uk or punjab then protesting outside the gurdwara party hall on the day a boozey party is to take place is the only effective language this grays committee, the grays community and our overweight leadership might eventually understand.

Only 388 views, 11 responses, no confirmation of contact with the Grays committee! If this was a thread talking about the aftermath of a specific beadbi issue it would generate a larger reaction. But this is a preventative scenario, which requires Sangat input.

The Uk has a countless number of Sikh Jathebhandis/Organisations set up, some are one man bands and some are made up of a substantially large membership. If the sole aim of these jathebhandis/organisations is to propagate the Sikh Dharam then how can they justify not intervening in a situation where the core principles of Sikhi will be poisoned with the pouring of alcohol and the serving of meat in the House of Guru Nanak.

My family think I am deranged when I keep repeating the same story about the 15 Gurdwara committees who serve meat and alcohol. How can an individual Sikh of Guru Gobind Singh Ji (like you and me) mentally blank this whole situation out of their minds and carry on with their lives as normal. I don't understand how we have become so numb and accepting to the beadbi.

From what I have witnessed for many active youth, Sikhi seems to be revolved around organising competitive kirtan programmes, with focus on sangat turnouts and kirtanya. These Sikh naujwaan groups become exclusive to following a type of maryada or specific Gurdwara but are failing to see issues that are detrimental to the Sikh community as a whole because they think it does not directly effect their group, their maryada, their nit nem, their lives. Unless Sikhs snap out of this mindset, then are we just no different from the bemukhs Guru Amardas Ji describes?

Just like we point fingers at the generation before us, our children/grandchildren will point fingers at us because we didn't bother trying to stop the manmat of parties, alcohol, meat, cigarettes in our sacred Gurdwaras. We allowed the "Sikh" name to be associated with community centres which promoted the degradation of Gurmat values.

Time to take some ownership of our jeevans and do something. This is not someone else's problem.. this is your problem! We can either contact the committee ourselves or put pressure on influential Sikhs to take responsibility of the mess we have allowed to happen.

Grays Beadbi Protest, Sikh TV Channels & Leaders.

As it's looking more and more likely that the protest will take place outside the Grays Gurdwara Party Hall on the 16th October. Perhaps it's a crucial time for the Sikh media to step in. Sikh Channel, Sangat TV and Sikh TV can mediate the whole situation.

The newly formed National Sikh committee can also help resolve this rather than letting this become a large scale protest on the day. There are 11 days of potential discussions which can lead to the permanent prevention of the gross sacrilage and offence to be committed by the Grays Gurdwara Prabhandak committee.

Isn't it now time for the self appointed national Sikh leaders to start taking the lead?

http://www.sikhsanga...co/page__st__30

BRO what tym is this protest gona happen?

BRO what tym is this protest gona happen?

From the information being circulated and what the committee have confirmed, the party is scheduled for the afternoon of Saturday 16 October. It follows on from a Karmayee (engagement ceremoney) programme scheduled in the morning at Grays Gurdwara and booked by the same local family.

I suppose any paka confirmation will be made closer to the day.

I suggest ask your local active Singhs/Singhniya and even persuade your local Gurdwara to organise something.

That's all I know at the moment. If someone knows anything more, please post it on the forum ASAP. THanks....

THIS WAS POSTED ON THE OTHER THREAD:

“Those who do not show respect for Gurbani, do not consider them Sikhs of Mine”

Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji

Concerned Sangat held a meeting at Sri Guru Singh Sabha Southall on the 9th of October to discuss the party that will take place in Grays Gurudwara on the 16th of October. It was established both the family involved and the Gurudwara management has been contacted in an attempt to prevent this gross occurrence of beadbi. The family confirmed alcohol and meat will be served but refused to cancel, and are determined to hold this party at the Gurudwara.

This is a humble benti to all Sangat, Jathebandia,Gurudwara Parbandaks, and any one who has any love for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj to attented a peaceful protest at14:00 on Saturday the 16th of October 2010. KIrtan, Simran and Jaap of Chaupai Sahib will take place.

6 Maidstone Road,

Grays,

Essex,

RM17 6NF.

Tel: 01375376086

I heard loads of youth turned up to this meeting, and Sangat did Chaupai Sahib Paath and Ardaas to Guru Ji to help them to prevent this Beadbi occurring. Also, heard that youth from Singh Sabha Southall will be arranging a coach to Grays. All Gurdwaras need to do the same.