Sign in to follow this  
Pyara

Grays Beadbi Protest, Sikh Tv Channels & Leaders

IMPORTANCE OF MAINTAINING DISCIPLINE TOMORROW - BY JAGJIT SINGH WAKEFIELD

Vaheguru ji ke khalsa Vaheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, occasionally Gursikhs have to come together to do a morcha in front of some anti-Gurmat activity. However sometimes I have seen in the past, that those committing anti-Gurmat activities can be so provocative that they go to some amazing lengths to rouse up the Gursikhs. The aim behind this is often to get a re-action which can be blown up to show the Gursikhs are just as badly behaved as them.

This is why Gursikhs need to learn from Guru ji that we should not lose our virtues, just because others provoke you, or situations can get tense. For a Gursikh, his discipline should be paramount and as a result he never loses his/her virtues.

The most amazing example of this is from Guru ji himself, when Sahib Siri Guru Arjan Dev Ji sat on the hot plate, everyone around him lost their virtues and were in engulfed in the relative passions and anger, but Guru ji was amazing, and not just that tense situation, but even the hot plate was unable to affect his Supreme mindset.

Looking back, the generation that did the most seva was the Marjeevaria Gursikhs who with Baba Kharak Singh and many other Gursikhs freed our Gurdwara sahibs. Never have we seen a sight when everyday 50-100 totally disciplined Gursikhs did ardas and went to their morchas with Naam and Bani in their hearts. They had a Sarbloh Spirit (Iron clad Spirit). They realised that their every action represents their father Sahib Siri Guru Gobind Singh ji, and despite so much torture and provocation, they never once failed to uphold his honour.

Below is an amazing account of such a Morcha from Gurmat bibek. So many in our generation can learn so much from these amazing souls in terms of discipline. If a Gursikh does not have discipline, then it is questionable if he/she is a Gursikh.

So if any Gursikh faces a situation where a morcha is required, please remember those amazing souls who never forgot who their father was, and as a result never lost discipline and ensured their morha was fateh, but with the dignity expected by their father. http://www.gurmatbibek.com/contents.php?id=82

How a British Officer admitted defeat from Sikhs<BR class=ecxwebkit-block-placeholder><P align=justify>Vaheguru jee ka Khalsa Vaheguru jee kee fateh !

One day, Sodhi Harbhajan Singh jee (writer of famous book Bhajan Bandagi Da Pratap) was standing in a shop in Jabalpur that an English couple walked in and said fateh to him loudly. Harbhajan Singh was surprised to hear fateh from the English couple. Sodhi Harbhajan Singh jee started talking to them and asked them how come they know so much about Sikhism. Upon this the English gentleman told him his story as follows:

""""I was a police captain in 1924 when the Akalis launched Bhai Pheru morcha in Lahore city of Punjab (now in Pakistan). I got special orders from the Inspector General of Police to crush the Sikhs. I told him that I could do so only if I was to be given the police party of my choice. At this he agreed and I hand picked the most ruthless and strong young men from backgrounds such as Lyalpuri Jaanglis and Jhelami Jaats. I took my police party to Gurdwara Bhai Pheru and surrounded the disputed place with wire and had my police party stationed there.

The first Jatha started marching from Amritsar and slowly reached Gurdwara Bhai Pheru after doing prachaar (preaching) in several villages on their way. On the day of the arrival of the Jatha at Gurdwara Bhai Pheru I asked my toughest Thanedaar (Police Officer) to get me the list of all the members of Jatha along with their father's name and home address. That afternoon I got surprised when I saw the list. All Jatha members had listed Guru Gobind Singh as their father. I got really mad when I saw the list and swore at the Thanedaar for failing to get even the name of their father.

The thanedaar replied that he tried his best but no one in the Jatha gave any other name for their father but Guru Gobind Singh. My wife who was sitting beside me mocked me by saying that if I can't even get their father's name how the hell am I going to crush them. At this I vowed that I will eat my breakfast the next day, only after getting their father's name from them.

Next day I chose 50 stern and strong-hearted policemen and asked them to pick 25 old and weak members of the Jatha. I then ordered that let two policemen hold one Sikh and use whatever means to make them spit out their father's name. I further said that whoever does it first would get a gold medal and special recognition from the government. Hearing my order, the policemen started beating the Jatha members savagely till they got unconscious. Then they would bring them back to senses and beat them again. But none of them told their worldly father's name. All they would say was Guru Gobind Singh and Vaheguru. When they failed to get any results I asked the police officers to remove their belts and get the hell out of there. By that time it was 10am and I was feeling really hungry.

I chose another 50 policemen and asked them to do the same thing. I asked them to use very severe measures to torture the Jatha members to break their resolve of not telling the name of their worldly father. I knew that if they admit defeat and spit out their father’s name, then they would also accept the defeat of their agitation. A lot was at stake. I put their hands upside down under the Charpai (indian beds) and made the police officers jump on the beds. The Sikhs were in great pain but they did not yield. I even made my policemen hammer nails in their buttocks but still we were unable to break their resolve.

By 6pm I was badly tired and was extremely hungry. I lost all my pride and ego and felt totally helpless in front of those non-violent lions. I picked up the phone and dialed to the IG of police and resigned. The next day I took train to Bombay and went to England. I wrote it down on the resignation letter that no one should mess with the Sikhs."""""

This story is very inspiring. Could someone shed more light on the cause of Gurdwara Sahib Bhai Pheru wala morcha ? I heard another similar story of a chardi kala wala Kharkoo who did not disclose his worldly father's name to the torturing police party; and named Siri Guru Gobind Singh as his father and Sri Anandpur Sahib as his village.

I believe that the Akalis of early twentieth century made a very proud addition to the glorious Sikh history by achieving so much non-violently.

Kulbir Singh

So if any Gursikh faces a situation where a morcha is required, please remember those amazing souls who never forgot who their father was, and as a result never lost discipline and ensured their morha was fateh, but with the dignity expected by their father.

Dhan Guru Dhan Guru Pyaray!

dear Satkaar

i have nothing to do with SatGuru7, i don't know who this person is

sorry

MOD NOTE: We beg to differ as you are both using the same computer. Creating multiple ID's is a forum no no but in the spirit of this discussion we will allow to post as a response on behalf of Grey's committee. However if any more fake ID's are created, your posting priviledges on all the multiple acounts will be revoked.

Meeting took place at Guru Har Rai gurdwara in West Bromwich regarding the Greys beadbi issue: heres some transport info for wolves/bham sangat

Mini bus will be leaving from sedgley street Gurdwara, wolves at 8am sharp tomorrow morning for PROTEST IN GREYS, Essex regarding party hall beadbi taking place...all wolves sangat are requested to come in numbers, bring mums, dad, family members and children everyone and ur cars...bring as many people as u can...

If you have cars and can accomodate additional sangat please come to this pickup point.....please be on time as minibuses will not opperate on desi timing as it is a three hour drive

A 2nd Mini bus will be leaving from Smethwick High Street Gurdwara, Smethwick, Bham at 8.30am sharp tomorrow morning for PROTEST IN GREYS, Essex regarding party hall beadbi taking place...all brum sangat are requested to come in numbers, bring mums, children everyone and ur cars...bring as many people as u can...

If you have cars and can accomodate additional sangat please come to this pickup point.....please be on time as minibuses will not opperate on desi timing as it is a three hour drive

As mentioned in this thread...please remember to watch ur behavour and comments throughout tomorrows protest.....you are there representing Guru Ji and ur purpose is to educate and raise awareness with pyaar......

BEANTI TO SANGAT PLEASE TRY TO ATTEND.....GET SANGAT TOGETHER AS MUCH AS YOU CAN AND LETS UNITE IN THE NAME OF OUR FATHER.... DHAN GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI MAHARAJ

Khalsa Ji,

This is the begining, to stop ALL halls that are associated with Gurudwares, Keep this fact in mind Once Grays has been dealt with we will move to the next. All Gurdware parbandics need to wake up and stop these practices in the Gurdware complex, other wise you will face the same as Grays parbandics are. See you all tommorow. DONT BACK OUT, this is your GURU, YOUR problem, not anyones elses.... realise this.

Why is Grays Gurdwara being singled out here ????

There are many Gurdwaras up and down the country where party's are held in halls on Gurdwara complexes where meat and alcohol are regularly served. No body is saying anythng about them.

To name a couple of Gurdwara's, There is Small Heath Gurdwara in Birmingham, where the party hall is right next to the Darbar Hall, where regular parties with meat and alcohol are held. So is that not beadbi of the Guru Granth Sahib ??? Never heard of anyone going down there in coaches! There is Leeds Chapel Town Gurdwara, where the Hall is across the car park from the Darbar Hall, in the same complex, and parties with meat and alcohol are held there.

Party's with meat and alcohol have been held at Grays in the past, so why all the hoo ha now ??

Then there is the issue of Bhatra Gurdwara's. They openly serve and cook meat in the Gurdwara. NOT IN AN ADJACENT HALL, BUT INSIDE THE GURDWARA. So why no protests, demonstrations about those Gurdwara's ???? Do these Gurdwara's have a different Guru Granth Sahib ???

So, again, the question I am asking is why is everyone on this band wagon of the Grays Gurdwara. In light of what I have said above, they are doing no different to all the Gurdwara's across the country.

What Sikhs should be objecting to, is the holding of any kind of party where meat and alcohol is being served in any Gurdwara owned hall, be it next to the Darbar Hall, in the same complex, in the next street, or in the next city!!! After all these halls are bought by the Gurdwara on behalf of the sangat with the donations that the sangat have made to the gurdwara. Then using these halls, where ever they may be, for parties serving meat and alcohol, must surely be beadbi of the Sadh Sangat of every Gurdwara in the country where these kind of parties take place in Gurdwara owned halls.

Then there is the issue of sacrificing a goat at Hazur Sahib in India. So what's all that about, in one of Sikh's most Holiest places?????

• Downvote 2

bigsingh,

Why all the hoo haa now you ask, beacuse people finally woke up to the beadbi that we have all taken to be normal and no big deal for so long. Dont ask why, be thankful.

maharaj kirpa karan

I am thankful, but why specifically at Grays tomorrow ? There could be and probably will be countless other parties taking place tomorrow at Gurdwara Halls with meat and alcohol, so why not them as well ? It still seems as though there is some special singleing out of Grays Gurdwara for tomorrow.

• Downvote 2

I am thankful, but why specifically at Grays tomorrow ? There could be and probably will be countless other parties taking place tomorrow at Gurdwara Halls with meat and alcohol, so why not them as well ? It still seems as though there is some special singleing out of Grays Gurdwara for tomorrow.

You only have two post on this whole forum and both of them are on this topic, where you are condemning a positive movement. You also only joined this forum today, when the plans were released about the meeting. So you are just another person who does not want this protest to happen because in some way you are related to this Gurdwara doing beadbi and you want it to continue. Your objective here is to cause confusion, like bring up the Hazur Sahib thing, and then let people argue and then this creates division and doubt in peoples mind if they should go or not.

You have nothing good to add to this discussion, so leave.

The UK Sikhs are starting somewhere to resolve this issue and they chose this one Gurdwara first. The others will come as well.

• Like 1

You only have two post on this whole forum and both of them are on this topic, where you are condemning a positive movement. You also only joined this forum today, when the plans were released about the meeting. So you are just another person who does not want this protest to happen because in some way you are related to this Gurdwara doing beadbi and you want it to continue. Your objective here is to cause confusion, like bring up the Hazur Sahib thing, and then let people argue and then this creates division and doubt in peoples mind if they should go or not.

You have nothing good to add to this discussion, so leave.

The UK Sikhs are starting somewhere to resolve this issue and they chose this one Gurdwara first. The others will come as well.

• Downvote 2