Remembrance Week For The Delhi Pograms 1984

Project 25

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

The Sikh Youth Project have planned a week for remembrance for all those INNOCENT Sikhs that were massacred in the streets of Delhi in November 1984.

The 5 day programme will take place from 6-8pm everyday.

31st October to 4th November 2010

VENUE:

Guru Nanak Prakash Gurdwara

71-81 Harnall Lane West

Coventry

CV1 4FB

Commemorating Shaheed Satwant Singh Ji and Bhai Beant Singh Ji

There will be guest speakers on all 5 days giving you graphic accounts in chronological order of events.

There will also be videos shown and the SYP have created a Picture Display, which will show the true horror of what really happened in 1984.

The attendess will also be informed of the current situation of the families of those that were killed in Delhi.

Two things you must NOTE:

1) Please do not refer to this event as the Anti-Sikh Delhi Riots, but as the DELHI POGRAMS

Why? Because for a riot you need two groups fighting against each other, this was a planned organised state sponsored massacre of innocent Sikhs.

2) To this date, the people that organised the massacre and the criminals that took part in the killing of Sikhs, raping of Sikh women and the looting of Sikh property are still walking around freely with no action taken against them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We must all come together and put our differences and disputes with each other to a side and pay respects to the thousands of our Fathers, Mothers, Brothers and Sisters that lost their lives in 1984!!

Neverforget 84!!

We must all try to attend this week.

widowcolony.com

nishkam.org

1984carnage.com

neverforget84.com

carnage84.com

shaheedkhalsa.com

saintsoldiers.net

• 2 weeks later...

Anti-Sikh Riots

1984 Anti-Sikh Riots took place in India after the assassination of Indira Gandhi on October 31, 1984. India's Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was assassinated by two of her Sikh guards acting in the aftermath of Operation Bluestar.

Over the next four days nearly 3000 Sikhs were massacred in systematic riots planned and led by Congress activists and sympathizers. The then Congress government was widely criticized for doing very little at the time, if not acting as a conspirator, especially since voting lists were used to identify Sikh families. The then Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, son of Indira Gandhi allegedly made a statement "When a big tree falls, the earth is bound to shake" on the Sikh carnage. His widow, Sonia Gandhi and current President of the Congress Party, officially apologized in 1998 for the events of November, 1984. The most affected regions were neighborhoods in Delhi.

The Devil Of evil on peopleIt is alleged that the anti-Sikh violence were conducted at the behest of the Congress party who actually instigated masses. Many ordinary Indians of different religious dispositions made significant efforts to hide and help Sikh families as outlined in affidavits of Sikh victims and have been active in seeking appropriate justice

Incident

On November 1, 1984, a huge mob from the suburbs of Delhi descended on various localities where the Sikh were mainly concentrated. They carried iron rods, knives, clubs, and combustible material, including kerosene. They had voters' lists of houses and business establishments belonging to the Sikhs. The mobsters swarmed into Sikh homes. Sikh men, women and children were brutally killed. Their shops and houses were ransacked and burned. The mobsters stopped buses and trains, in and out of Delhi, pulling out Sikh passengers to be lynched or doused with kerosene and burnt.

Victim Of RiotTimeline

9:20 AM: Indira Gandhi shot by two of her sikh security guards at her residence, No. 1 Safdarjung Road, and rushed to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).

Around 10:50 AM: Indira Gandhi dies. [5][6]

11:00 AM: All India Radio listeners learn that two security guards who shot Indira Gandhi were Sikhs.

4:00 PM: Rajiv Gandhi returns from West Bengal and reaches AIIMS. Stray incidents of attacks in and around that area.

5:30 PM: The motorcade of President Zail Singh, who returned from a foreign visit, was stoned as it approached AIIMS. Late Evening and Night: Mobs fanned out in different directions from AIIMS. The violence against Sikhs spread, starting in the neighboring constituency of Congress Councillor Arjun Das. The violence included destruction of Sikh properties and takes place even in VIP areas such as in the vicinity of Prithviraj Road.

Shortly after Rajiv Gandhi was sworn in, senior advocate and opposition leader, Ram Jethmalani, met Home Minister, P.V. Narasimha Rao and urged him to take immediate steps to save Sikhs from further attacks. Delhi's Lt. Governor, P.G. Gavai and Police Commissioner, S.C. Tandon, visited some of the violence affected areas. But no precautionary follow -up action was initiated. It was also alleged that Rajiv Gandhi deliberately delayed in calling in the Army, a move which many believe could have saved the lives of many.

On the night of October 31st and morning of November 1st, several Congress leaders allegedly held meetings and mobilized support to launch a full scale assault against Delhi's Sikhs.

Commission(s) of Enquiry

Numerous commissions have been setup to investigate the riots, however, many of the primary accused were acquitted or never charge-sheeted. Ten commissions and committees have till now inquired into the riots. The most recent commission on the riots, headed by Justice G.T. Nanavati submitted its 185-page report to the Home Minister, Shivraj Patil on February 9, 2005 and the report was tabled in Parliament on August 8, 2005. The commissions below are listed in the order they were formed.

Taken from Sikhnet

Fateh ji, i have recently just come from India, and i had visited Widows Colony, who for over 25 years have received no moral support from us Sikhs, i listened to their heartache and theres nothing i could say that would remove tears from their eyes, no books and no images can show the terror and ordeal they went through. Its like an earthquake, you never forget it but you have people who pull together and rebuild the structure, whereas us Sikhs have left these people to suffer and have not pulled through for them, the living standards are atrocious, we should be carrying these people. Prime example of the state of our commitee's over there, obviously i would have no idea of where Widow's Colony is, so i thought the best place to ask would be the Gurdwara, the response i got back was 'why do you want to go there' that ideally any money you give should only be to us.

Fateh ji, i have recently just come from India, and i had visited Widows Colony, who for over 25 years have received no moral support from us Sikhs, i listened to their heartache and theres nothing i could say that would remove tears from their eyes, no books and no images can show the terror and ordeal they went through. Its like an earthquake, you never forget it but you have people who pull together and rebuild the structure, whereas us Sikhs have left these people to suffer and have not pulled through for them, the living standards are atrocious, we should be carrying these people. Prime example of the state of our commitee's over there, obviously i would have no idea of where Widow's Colony is, so i thought the best place to ask would be the Gurdwara, the response i got back was 'why do you want to go there' that ideally any money you give should only be to us.

I can never understand this, the income of Gurdwaras , the SGPC the Delhi Gurdwara Committee is immense. Why can't they spend some money on these poor souls instead of on Gold and marble. There are plenty of Sikhs who flash their cash can there not be a collection worldwide like a disaster appeal?

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

An update to all Sadh Sangat;

Jagovale Jatha have been confirmed for the Barsi on Sunday 31st October at 6pm

(All tracks played will also be translated into English on the projector screens)

For all those that will be able to attend the Southall programme on Saturday, the "Singh Soorma" 2nd Edition magazine will also be launched, courtesy of

Neverforget 84.com