School...Laughter...

Beginner

WJKWJF,

Recently, I've been feeling like school really sucks! I mean, every time I go to school, I'd have my friends saying come with us here, come with us to the movies, etc. Of course, I don't want to go with them due to me doing Paath in the afternoon and my yearning to sleep early due to Amrit Vela. I ask of the Sangat if you have ever been in a similar situation, and what did you say as your excuse? Also, I have recently been feeling like I don't like my friends very much. (They're not keshdhari). Anyone else felt this way?

Part 2 of my question :)

While doing Paath or listening to Simran or Kirtan, many are overcome with a feeling of peace and bliss and happiness, but that feeling is different from when we are enjoying jokes and laughing with people, so my question is, have the two ever converged for anyone? For instance, have you ever had the same feeling of bliss along with the feeling you get from laughing while doing Paath? Or are the two separate, and we will need people to make us laugh as well, unless we achieve a really high spiritual state?

Vjkk vjkf

Maharaaj is obviously showering blessings on you. May He do the same for this lowly dog also.

With respect to your questions, you are obviously at a stage where your piaar for your Guru is growing. Therefore, this is the time for you to build your character.

Excuses are for those that dont want to admit what they are doing, or may not want to hurt someones feelings... but by making excuses no will ever really understand the truth and you will be making the same excuses for a long time to come...

Therefore, in my opinon the best way is to just tell your friends straight that 'Its not your scene, its not something that inetersts you and you dont want to go'. Theres no harm in becoming more 'religious' and 'thinking about all the things we do that will effect our spirtuality''... so saying it as it is, builds your character and also earns respect from others. A quick tip, this attitude will help when you start working... its a great way of not having to go to socials, team building lunches etc etc because they are usually at the pub or places where alochol, meat is consumed or gambling takes place... Just tell them straight, its something that you do not do.

With respect to your comment re ' I dont like my friends very much', - thats fine and well, but be careful not to alienate them or make them feel, that they think, that you think, you are better than them...keep nimarta, Keep close enough that hopefully one day they join you in sat sangath... we do not know the next persons avasthaa...even if they are monai.... Engage with them as and when it is worth engaging, ie if they talking about Sikhi, playing sports, etc

Your second question re laughter from friends and happiness from Paath...is a funny one...not in a bad way... i suspect everyone will have slightly different experiences, so all I can do is share mine, which might help you, or might not...

Worldly laughter and Aatmic Sukh will be different. Maharaaj constantly tells us to stay on level playing field when it comes to Worldy hapiness and sadness as there is only so much that can be gained from it. Aatmic sukh will give you santokh, ie the eradication of ups and downs...just a constant high that remains in this world and the next.... So in the long term, no I dont think the two necessarily converge...

However, within our own relationships with Maharaaj, there is no reason why we cant feel the same kind of emotions when we are laughing around with a good friend and when we are doing bachan with Akaal Purkh... In the most simpilist of forms, when one is standing in front of Maharaaj doing ardaas, sometimes nothing comes out of the mouth but you are having a full blown conversation with Akaal Purkh... Ive been in situations when Ive smiled and felt a more 'humanly' hapiness emotion...those emotions can repeat themselves during paath.... but ultimately, to slightly contradict myself, the essence of those emotions are different...

Dont know if any of above makes sense...lol..but unless Maharaaj comes in partakh saroop and tells you a joke - which I cant imagine happening, I find it difficult to think of having the same kind of impulsive laughter you may get from joking around with mates.... if we desperately need laughter like we get from our friends, it should be viewed as a form of weakness within ourselves... Aaatmic sukh in the form of santokh is what we want....

I agree with googleme on the first question, if your friends are your real friends i bet they will be able to understand that u cant go out and do that with them all the time. Like going to the movies if you can then u can go on the weekends duriong the day or sumthing. Like for example my firneds know that i cant go to certain places and they understand that i cant eat certain things due to being amritdhari but they dont complain to me about it cuz they understand and i believe if your friends understand you that way then theres nothing to be worried about :)