Making Your Own Gutkeh

GyanParbodh

I use different types of Caligraphy pens and Reed and Ink. Parchment paper is the nicest to use.

Above the materials is how you actually write which makes caligraphy so beautiful. Consistency in the lettering style and sizes along with layout takes allot of practise.

I would initially begin by writing out Oora Erra over and over, and experiment with different lettertypes. Find a style which works well and then attempt to begin writing words together to see if the style matches. Work on making it neat and crisp and then start working on layouts of writing. Making sure the ends of sentences are aligned.

The key thing I find is knowing the particular bani off by heart so you can write with a consistent flow. When you break between words then the writing doesnt come out as nice.

Takes allot of practise but the effort is definitly worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

i agree with gurbar akal veerji.

you could also use that nice paper that they use for books the one thats like half cotton or something..

i tried to learn calligraphy i write decent but have to be very careful when writing gurbani because slightest bit of distraction can make us mess up.. i would love to make my own gutka sahib too..

you could to sanskar of the pages you mess up on..

this is exciting!! :D

you should make each paper look really nice..!! with beautiful boundaries..

ahhahaa..!! :D

master niranjan singh ji is amazing at calligraphy he wrote saroop of guru ji by hand..!! you should talk to him if you are interested in this seva.. !