Queue Systems In Gurdwara

MentalSingh

I assume you are also against the granthi using microphones and speakers during the paath to increase the range of his voice? That's also a modern adaptation. So now do you realise how ridiculous you sound?

Actually he showed you how ridiculous you sound. Address and correct your opinions and not the person.

Honestly, I don't understand the English you have written - especially the second sentence. Please try again.

Second sentence means to get with Guru Sahib's langar system(stop spitting hate at it) and stop attacking the person, just because he showed your true colors.

Learn to accept when your wrong.

Because the true teachings of Sikhi are lost in the queue system. When we present ourselves before Guru Sahib we lower ourselves down. When standing in line for langar people are recieving the gift of Guru Sahib's langar at equal levels and this is disrespect. Have you ever seen a sevadaar tell a Sikh to get down before he recieves langar. It's not a formality but way to kill the mind's ego.

Waiting patiently in turn for the gurus langar is also a way to kill the minds ego. People on here have been talking about waiting in turn like it is such a bad thing but a humble person would never even see this as an issue. You assume that serving a sitting sangat is the only way, and yes it is an assumption because it was never written in stone, I have asked you to come up with stable evidence it has been and you have not.

I don;t see any sant babas or brahm gianis complaining about it or true saints that it is wrong so please excuse me if I don't listen to you only five. The gurus lived in difficult times and I am more than certain that langar was not served in the traditional way at some point perhaps during war, on the go or when an elderly person wished to serve but was not able to bend down or walk too far.

If this subject stirs up such great emotion in yourself why not consult a saint/ brahmgiani or a gurmukh. Why not do something about it? I'm not standing in your way nor is anyone else here, I may not agree with you but that is irrelevant because you believe you are right. There is most certainly no way on earth you will ever change the way I feel so go and do what you have to do and fight for what you believe is right.

Waiting patiently in turn for the gurus langar is also a way to kill the minds ego.

Thats your own opinion. Please read the defintion of opinion here. it will help you to understand what is being said when it's Guru Sahib's system.

People on here have been talking about waiting in turn like it is such a bad thing but a humble person would never even see this as an issue. You assume that serving a sitting sangat is the only way, and yes it is an assumption because it was never written in stone, I have asked you to come up with stable evidence it has been and you have not.

If you can't accept history and our Sikh practices then there is no point on going any further with you. Next you'll say it is not written in stone(Guru's hand) for to sit on the ground in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj Darbar. Next your say it's not written in stone to put a man infront of the woman in Anand Karaj. These are our Guru's ways and history tells us they are. If you are so eager to find out, because I already know, then look into it yourself. The fact you want to present an argument without looking into the topic yourself and this causes you to not take Sikh history into consideration shows the lack of knowledge on the issue, on your part. The fact you cannot even acknowledge we Sikhs lower ourselves in the mind and body to recieve Guru Sahib's gift shows your lack of knowledge.

I don;t see any sant babas or brahm gianis complaining about it or true saints that it is wrong so please excuse me if I don't listen to you only five.

There are bigger issues the Sants are dealing with. Why don't you talk to a Sant and see what they say about the queue system. No Sant will agree with it, but one thing they would say is picking an arguement for this system is a foolish mistake. It does not take a Sant to figure this one out. Not insulting you.

The gurus lived in difficult times and I am more than certain that langar was not served in the traditional way at some point perhaps during war, on the go or when an elderly person wished to serve but was not able to bend down or walk too far.

Can you provide history of your assumptions. Why would a elder person have to do anything other than sit in the sangat and partake of the langar. It's up to the sevadaars who are able to do it. And if a elder had that much love for Guru Sahib where he is barely able to do the task, but still wanted to do it, he will serve in the Guru's sangat in the Guru's way. That's the beauty of Sikhs, they do whatever it takes to hold Sikhi higher than their own welfare. It would be good if you read the history of the old man Sikhs who gave their lives for Sikhi.

Thats your own opinion. Please read the defintion of opinion here. it will help you to understand what is being said when it's Guru Sahib's system.

If you can't accept history and our Sikh practices then there is no point on going any further with you. Next you'll say it is not written in stone(Guru's hand) for to sit on the ground in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj Darbar. Next your say it's not written in stone to put a man infront of the woman in Anand Karaj. These are our Guru's ways and history tells us they are. If you are so eager to find out, because I already know, then look into it yourself. The fact you want to present an argument without looking into the topic yourself and this causes you to not take Sikh history into consideration shows the lack of knowledge on the issue, on your part. The fact you cannot even acknowledge we Sikhs lower ourselves in the mind and body to recieve Guru Sahib's gift shows your lack of knowledge.

There are bigger issues the Sants are dealing with. Why don't you talk to a Sant and see what they say about the queue system. No Sant will agree with it, but one thing they would say is picking an arguement for this system is a foolish mistake. It does not take a Sant to figure this one out. Not insulting you.

Can you provide history of your assumptions. Why would a elder person have to do anything other than sit in the sangat and partake of the langar. It's up to the sevadaars who are able to do it. And if a elder had that much love for Guru Sahib where he is barely able to do the task, but still wanted to do it, he will serve in the Guru's sangat in the Guru's way. That's the beauty of Sikhs, they do whatever it takes to hold Sikhi higher than their own welfare. It would be good if you read the history of the old man Sikhs who gave their lives for Sikhi.

Lol now you're just being paranoid, next I won't be making silly proposals. I know very well the traditional way of serving langar and I also know there have been exceptions. A sant would uphold the honour of his Guru no matter what, so don't give me rubbish about a sant not bringing this up if they opposed it.

Also you seem to believe it IS a big issue and worth arguing about or we wouldn't be having this (very tedious) conversation. If you believe that I and others are doing nindya by serving this way surely you'd want to do something about it and at least bring the issue up in the gurdwarra, it wouldn't be a big deal.

Like I said go for it, noones stopping you, if it's so wrong, make it right and go and stand up for what you believe in. In your eyes the Gurus wishes are being dishonoured so go and make a change.

p.s goodluck and goodnight! I'm off to bed and really hope thats the last of our convo seeing as we'll never see eye to eye and I'm sick of posting now.

Lol now you're just being paranoid, next I won't be making silly proposals. I know very well the traditional way of serving langar and I also know there have been exceptions. A sant would uphold the honour of his Guru no matter what, so don't give me rubbish about a sant not bringing this up if they opposed it.

Then contact a Sant and see what they say. Again it does not take a Sant to figure out, we need to follow Guru's way. <Mod cut>

Also you seem to believe it IS a big issue and worth arguing about or we wouldn't be having this (very tedious) conversation. If you believe that I and others are doing nindya by serving this way surely you'd want to do something about it and at least bring the issue up in the gurdwarra, it wouldn't be a big deal.

Like I said go for it, noones stopping you, if it's so wrong, make it right and go and stand up for what you believe in. In your eyes the Gurus wishes are being dishonoured so go and make a change.

paranoid because i asked for proof? <Mod cut> This is not a big issue on the sense of being addressed from everything else that needs tp be addressed first, which is being done. But it is a big deal when you refuse to accept the reality of this discussion and it's Guru's way, which you speak against. So i and others addressed it.

Mod Note: Only five, please keep it cool and avoid making insults against other members. Same applies to all other posters.

Then contact a Sant and see what they say. Again it does not take a Sant to figure out, we need to follow Guru's way. A five year old can tell you that. Again no insult intended.

paranoid because i asked for proof? You must have been hopped up on some medication on this whole discussion then. Even a baby doesn't whine as much as you did. This is not a big issue on the sense of being addressed from everything else that needs tp be addressed first, which is being done. But it is a big deal when you refuse to accept the reality of this discussion and it's Guru's way, which you speak against. So i and others addressed it.

Okay so guess I won;t be getting many z's tonight. No I will not contact a sant, you're the one with the serving problem so you have the honour. Paranoid because you went on about 'next you'll be saying this, next you'll be saying that' when I most certainly will not. I still don't agree with you and never will but I'll always love the guru and nothing you say will ever change that. But I'm actually very tired of talking to you now so go make the change you want to see in gurdwarras instead of talking to me about it okay.

Goodbye, rab rakh.

this is ridiculous.

i cant believe you lot are arguing about the way in which langar is served!?! grow up, the reason queues are used are because they are the most efficient way of providing everyone with langar. if you have a serious issue about this, then take it up with a higher authority, posting on sikhsangat is hardly going to change the way that the majority of the gurdwareh around the world are run...