Turban With Glasses

mundasingh123

SSA,

Unfortunately i wear glasses,Fotunately i can see well but with my specs on.

But I need to wear contacts if i need to tie my turban else i must wear a patka and now i am tired of wearing the patka most of the time.Does anybody know of any video or something , which i can follow so i can tie my turban on my specs properly.The problem is if i insert my spectacles, the turban slides from mthe sides of my face and the angle changes from 60 degreses to 40- 45 degrees.

i wear a dumalla with glasses and have no problems at all, what you do is, tie a keski on your head, then put your glasses on then tie your dastar, sorted.

Or what I have seen some people do is tie the dastar and then insert the glasses inside only on one side, the other side slips into one of the dastaar lars.

It's a bit easier with a dumalla, but I also tie the triangle dastaar. The key is to tie your first and last lard tightly so you can insert the arms of the glasses into each crevice and and remove it without changing the shape of the dastaar. My tip is to first insert one arm of the glasses and get it tucked a bit over your ear and THEN do the second one.

Whenever I have classes in the evening I do this for sunglasses for either dumalla or trinagle dastaar.

well i also used to think similarly...but slowly i realised that if you tie your turban 2 mm above, it wont cause any problem...try covering 2 mm lesser portion of your eye brows...and then you can slide in the spectacles in second larh fro one side and as usual from the other side..!

now with this idea i ve observed that ray banlooks far better on sikhs rather than others...of course u need to keep the frame thin...!!!

well i also used to think similarly...but slowly i realised that if you tie your turban 2 mm above, it wont cause any problem...try covering 2 mm lesser portion of your eye brows...and then you can slide in the spectacles in second larh fro one side and as usual from the other side..!

now with this idea i ve observed that ray banlooks far better on sikhs rather than others...of course u need to keep the frame thin...!!!

Haan thats what i dont liek to do.My turban is barely kissing my eyebrows and the 90% of the portion between my eye-brow/eye and my ear gets hidden.

• 2 months later...

It's a bit easier with a dumalla, but I also tie the triangle dastaar. The key is to tie your first and last lard tightly so you can insert the arms of the glasses into each crevice and and remove it without changing the shape of the dastaar. My tip is to first insert one arm of the glasses and get it tucked a bit over your ear and THEN do the second one.

Whenever I have classes in the evening I do this for sunglasses for either dumalla or trinagle dastaar.

I noticed ur Avatar.It has GuruJi's Photo.What do u call this type of turban which GuruJi is wearing ?

• 1 year later...

Veerji, I too wear glasses most of the times and few times contact lenses in a year and I had same doubt in my mind when I started tying turban. But to honest once you get used to it, it all becomes a routine, however I did few experiments with what type of glasses fit with my style of turban tying and I found the ones having thin braces can be easily worn. So now I have stick to ones having flexible and thin braces. After I tie my turban, I put the left brace onto the 2nd larr of pagg and the right one first one. Also I modified the style of tying larrs very close to cheeks or eyebrows and now the specs goes in very sleek.

Fateh