I Have A Question?

japjeev singh

okay. and its never too late to take rehat and get back to your path to god right?

Embark on the Gurmat way of life immediately.

Can we be certain that we won't die soon?

Don't put off Gurbani until later! , we may never ever get the opportunity again!

• 2 weeks later...

okay. and its never too late to take rehat and get back to your path to god right?

I guess you're hoping that someone says you can have a laugh and live a life of excess until 50 (if you're lucky), and then when you hit 60 take The Amrit and become a model Sikh as you could die of old age at any moment? :lol:

Not a chance, my friend. People may fall for this but God will not be fooled in this way. Although I have read certain things which say remembering God at the final moment of life even after a life of doing other things (not necessary 'evil') will result in Salvation and a place at God's feet. But I'm hoping I've not understood this correctly..:umm:

To remember god at the last moment of your life would involve freeing oneself from attachment. A normal dying person would think of the world they're leaving behind, relatives, friends or possessions, they'd try desperately to hold on to the world instead of having faith in gods protection. The fear of death should not be underestimated and for the fear to subside, one must have full faith in gods protection hereafter.

Remembering and having faith in god throughout your life would make one much more likely to think about god at the time of their death.