Wearing Leather Shoes And Clothes To The Gurdwara

Whitehorse

I seriously cannot stop laughing and some of the above comments! ... When you walk into Darbar Sahib, whats the tabla made of? .... What the Ranjit Nagara made of? ... What are puratan Shastar Miyaans made of? ... What are most small shastar handles made of?? (Animal Bone) ... What do you think was used to poison weapons?? (various goat/animal fluids) ... what is the Dilruba made of? ... What is the Sarangi made of? ... what is any puratan tanti saaj made of? .... what were shoes made out of in the old times??? ... what was some forms of armour made from??? ........ The answer is all leather! .... theres nothing wrong with wearing leather in the gurdwara or anywhere else for that matter! ... :lol:

^^^I take my shoes off before sitting in the gurdwarra out of respect and I don;t wear leather to the gurdwara out of respect.

p.s Try sitting in a gurdwara with shoes on and see what happens to you mate.

you have clearly missed the point. everyone takes their shoes off before entering the darbar sahib, that is not the issue.

the point im making is that you can walk into a gurdwara wearing leather shoes! obviously you take them off before entering the darbar sahib. nobodys raising their opinion on whether you should wear shoes or not in the darbar sahib!

choose your words more carefully next time mate.

Right mate, now if we take leather shoes off surely we can be bothered enough not to wear leather jackets if possible, out of respect?

Imagine if someone took a pair shoes in a bag into Darbar Sahib by accident. Do you think they would just leave them in the bag or take them out asap? Even though the shoes are not being worn I think there's still an element of disrespect bringing slaughtered animal parts into the gurdwarra when it could be avoided mate.

Leather, Hide products have been used for hundreds of years in india and as part of ancient sikh way of life. For example hide water carriers to carry water to drink or hide shields that many ancient sikh warriors used in battle.

Items such as these have always been used in every day life. Some might dissagree...ok....if we were to ban or stop the wearing or using of leather/hide items then 90% of traditional sikh musical culture (Gurmat Sangeet) would have to die.

Yes...dilruba, taus tabla are just a few that are made using animal hide......the famous ranjeet nagara also made of animal hide....the chaur sahib made from animal hair...

Just something to think about :)

Leather, Hide products have been used for hundreds of years in india and as part of ancient sikh way of life. For example hide water carriers to carry water to drink or hide shields that many ancient sikh warriors used in battle.

Items such as these have always been used in every day life. Some might dissagree...ok....if we were to ban or stop the wearing or using of leather/hide items then 90% of traditional sikh musical culture (Gurmat Sangeet) would have to die.

Yes...dilruba, taus tabla are just a few that are made using animal hide......the famous ranjeet nagara also made of animal hide....the chaur sahib made from animal hair...

Just something to think about :)

^These things are all Useful things and necessary for sikhi. I'm talking about things that are not necessary that could be avoided being taken into darbar sahib, things that do not help further our sikhi.

I'm not asking for leather to be banned I'm just stating my views which I'm not asking everyone to agree with.