Were Guru Nanak Dev Ji God Himself ?

Guest SarabjeetSingh

bhagat kabir ji said that your cloathes are the whitest, and nose the sharpest, and blackest of eyes. these are traits of beauty. it is an attempt to describe god, in a way that we (bhagat kabir ji) see best. in another place in guru maharaj, guru raam daas say,

Awpy swvl suMdrw ipAwrw Awpy vMsu vjwhw ]
aapae saaval sundharaa piaaraa aapae vans vajaahaa |
The Beloved Himself is the blue-skinned, handsome one; He Himself plays on His flute.
kuvlIAw pIVu Awip mrwiedw ipAwrw kir bwlk rUip pcwhw ]2]
kuvaleeaa peerr aap maraaeidhaa piaaraa kar baalak roop pachaahaa |2|
The Beloved Himself took the form of a child, and destroyed Kuwalia-peer, the mad elephant. ||2||

question can be that is god of skin? and blue?(-Krishna) these are the wrong questions because that is not the aim of the bani. so.. context matters here. context is .. beauty. just as from bhagat kabir.

some more...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
qyry bMky loiex dMq rIswlw ]
thaerae bankae loein dhanth reesaalaa |
Your eyes are so beautiful, and Your teeth are delightful.
sohxy nk ijn lµmVy vwlw ]
sohanae nak jin lanmarrae vaalaa |
Your nose is so graceful, and Your hair is so long.
kMcn kwieAw suieny kI Fwlw ]
kanchan kaaeiaa sueinae kee taalaa |
Your body is so precious, cast in gold.
sovMn Fwlw ik®sn mwlw jphu qusI shylIho ]
sovann taalaa kirasan maalaa japahu thusee sehaeleeho |
His body is cast in gold, and He wears Krishna's mala; meditate on Him, O sisters.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

so, this is where we get aarti.

shs pd ibml nn eyk pd gMD ibnu shs qv gMD iev clq mohI ]2]
sehas padh bimal nan eaek padh gandh bin sehas thav gandh eiv chalath mohee |2|
You have thousands of Lotus Feet, and yet You do not have even one foot. You have no nose, but you have thousands of noses. This Play of Yours entrances me. ||2||

its not about noses or eyes or feet or anything.. its about love and beauty. it can be said, if you see god in a stone, the very thing we walk on, then you have got it.

just to add about aarti. people say that aarti states flowers are not to be done because of "...sagal banaraae foolant jotee".. this is wrong. people knock the thaal and the jort etc because they say guru g went and saw all this and done khandan of it. this is wrong. they done khandan of pakhand dharmiz. maharaj says pavan chavarau karhe. then "sagal banaraae foolant jotee" . do we forget about the chaur sahib?? is chaur sahib pakhand too?! should we stop chaur sahib too?! along with flowers and jort etc etc and thaal etc etc?!.. to finish off fear is the true aarti. lets not forget this. we must be carefull in reading bani. we must read it with love else its all munmat. just like when poeple say sagal banaraae foolant jotee means there are loads of flowers such as the jort and etc.

>>>>

Bani is only seemingly contradictory. there is an underlying oneness to it. we will see that. with love. from love comes everything. understanding.. naam. shakti. and god himself.

hope this helps Ji-O.

Gurfateh

hazar unus in hadis habibi

it is mentioned in Hadis Habibi. Arrival of Guru Nanak was also prophesised in Bavikhat Purana .

Hazrat Naimat ullah Shah Wali , a fakir wrote

His name would be NANAK. Populace will give attention to him. This powerful Fakeer [seer] will become famous.

26 shaloks of agman of Guru nanak dev ji mentioned in bhavish puran . thousands of year before he was born

it is mentioned in Hadis Habibi. Arrival of Guru Nanak was also prophesised in Bavikhat Purana .
His name would be NANAK. Populace will give attention to him. This powerful Fakeer [seer] will become famous.
26 shaloks of agman of Guru nanak dev ji mentioned in bhavish puran . thousands of year before he was born

thank you so much!!

i forgot the purana and uve just found it for me agian! thank you

dhan!

very interesting

bhagat kabir ji said that your cloathes are the whitest, and nose the sharpest, and blackest of eyes. these are traits of beauty. it is an attempt to describe god, in a way that we (bhagat kabir ji) see best. in another place in guru maharaj, guru raam daas say,

Awpy swvl suMdrw ipAwrw Awpy vMsu vjwhw ]
aapae saaval sundharaa piaaraa aapae vans vajaahaa |
The Beloved Himself is the blue-skinned, handsome one; He Himself plays on His flute.
kuvlIAw pIVu Awip mrwiedw ipAwrw kir bwlk rUip pcwhw ]2]
kuvaleeaa peerr aap maraaeidhaa piaaraa kar baalak roop pachaahaa |2|
The Beloved Himself took the form of a child, and destroyed Kuwalia-peer, the mad elephant. ||2||

question can be that is god of skin? and blue?(-Krishna) these are the wrong questions because that is not the aim of the bani. so.. context matters here. context is .. beauty. just as from bhagat kabir.

some more...

qyry bMky loiex dMq rIswlw ]
thaerae bankae loein dhanth reesaalaa |
Your eyes are so beautiful, and Your teeth are delightful.
sohxy nk ijn lµmVy vwlw ]
sohanae nak jin lanmarrae vaalaa |
Your nose is so graceful, and Your hair is so long.
kMcn kwieAw suieny kI Fwlw ]
kanchan kaaeiaa sueinae kee taalaa |
Your body is so precious, cast in gold.
sovMn Fwlw ik®sn mwlw jphu qusI shylIho ]
sovann taalaa kirasan maalaa japahu thusee sehaeleeho |
His body is cast in gold, and He wears Krishna's mala; meditate on Him, O sisters.

so, this is where we get aarti.

shs pd ibml nn eyk pd gMD ibnu shs qv gMD iev clq mohI ]2]
sehas padh bimal nan eaek padh gandh bin sehas thav gandh eiv chalath mohee |2|
You have thousands of Lotus Feet, and yet You do not have even one foot. You have no nose, but you have thousands of noses. This Play of Yours entrances me. ||2||

its not about noses or eyes or feet or anything.. its about love and beauty. it can be said, if you see god in a stone, the very thing we walk on, then you have got it.

just to add about aarti. people say that aarti states flowers are not to be done because of "...sagal banaraae foolant jotee".. this is wrong. people knock the thaal and the jort etc because they say guru g went and saw all this and done khandan of it. this is wrong. they done khandan of pakhand dharmiz. maharaj says pavan chavarau karhe. then "sagal banaraae foolant jotee" . do we forget about the chaur sahib?? is chaur sahib pakhand too?! should we stop chaur sahib too?! along with flowers and jort etc etc and thaal etc etc?!.. to finish off fear is the true aarti. lets not forget this. we must be carefull in reading bani. we must read it with love else its all munmat. just like when poeple say sagal banaraae foolant jotee means there are loads of flowers such as the jort and etc.

>>>>

Bani is only seemingly contradictory. there is an underlying oneness to it. we will see that. with love. from love comes everything. understanding.. naam. shakti. and god himself.

hope this helps Ji-O.

Gurfateh

Thank you for your answer. It helped :-)

You made some nice points about Aarti.

About Aarti you said that Guru Jee did not do khandan of the practice of offering flowers,chaur etc. I always had this doubt, that how can Jyot and incense sticks bet termed as 'pakhand'? Many people do claim so.

Can you elaborate what actually was the message that Guru Jee gave through Aarti at Jagannath Puri.

Also, is lighting of Jyot etc pakhand? Because I see many Gurudwaras like, Hazur Sahib,Patna Sahib , Sees Ganj etc where Jyot is lighted. At Hazur Sahib, the Aarti (circumambulation) is actually done !

About Aarti you said that Guru Jee did not do khandan of the practice of offering flowers,chaur etc. I always had this doubt, that how can Jyot and incense sticks bet termed as 'pakhand'? Many people do claim so.

Can you elaborate what actually was the message that Guru Jee gave through Aarti at Jagannath Puri.

Also, is lighting of Jyot etc pakhand? Because I see many Gurudwaras like, Hazur Sahib,Patna Sahib , Sees Ganj etc where Jyot is lighted. At Hazur Sahib, the Aarti (circumambulation) is actually done !

As far as I got the feeling was Aarti was OK'd by Guru ji as a valid form of worship as he shows that the whole sristi is the Aarti thaal of Akal Purakh , it circumbulates in its macro and micro levels (universes to subatomic particles) but it is the purity of mind that is uppermost during and your naam japna that he saw lacking in the ritualised aarti of man .

Guru G paatshah guru nanak went to a place where they saw ritualistic practice. they said (just as they say with all the other ritual practices) stop doing pakhand. so the aarti shabad was recited. Lets go trough it.

Gagan mehe thaal – the clouds are the thaal

Rav chand Deepak bane – the sun and moon (actual jort and reflective jort) are made; all meaning that the stars are the jort

Tartika mandal janak moti – the stars the clouds janak (understand them to be) moti (here moti – jewls in the sky basically)

Dhoop malaanlo – dhoop os dhoof which is incense; malaanlo is ‘nice smell’ ( I see it to be from the word ’malan’ to rub – to make ur self small nice in old days.

Pavan chavaru kare – the wind is the chaur sahib that does... (that does the wafting of the nice smells)

Sagal banrae – all of existence

Foolant joti – flowers and jort. (i.e. the wind >solar wind and nebulae as well as on earth<, so i.e. the wind is the chaur sahib that ‘does’ ‘(kar) aka flys over all of existence)

Then tone changes (drop line).. {rahao line}

Kaisee aarti hoae – what aarti are you doing; or what aarti can we do (both types of translations are equally valid)

Bhav khandana teri aarti – killing fear (within ourselves is the true aarti (aka becoming god. “bhae te nirbhau paaeeye..”

Anhatta shabad baajant bheri – getting the shabad inside us and to give it such a baj (resonate with ourselves) that it becomes bheri. Deep.

Then again tone changes.

shs tev nain etc etc.>> this is how zero and infinity are two opposites of the same thing. Two sides of the same coin. (Ive done a (non-sikhi) pdf on this).

... EV chalet mohi – this is how the cookie crumbles. This is how it goes down. This is the chalan of God. aka, unfathomable. (because first, how can anything have (infinite) thousands of eyes, then, no eyes at the same time. (“shs” got no aunkar on the end so its plural thats y it sez thousands and not “1 thousand”).

Then maharaj says this jort which is so amazing (cuz by now the guy who guru g is telling is “mind=blown” di gal) is in everyone (again a mind bending concept for the guy, aka us)

Then gur sakhi jort pargat hoae – go to guru’s sakhi, aka hukam razaaee (pathway) chalna [then keti (kitne hor) chootee naal (naal chootee milee)] (how sakhi means hukam u have to go through a few understandings – see if u can do it J ) soooo..... go to gurus sakhi, then that amazing jort will become pargat.

Jo tis bhaave whosoever ‘does’ you (aka goes towards you); but not just go towards, “bhaavai” with bhaav aka love aka bhaao.

So aarti hoe.

Then

When the people heard this katha from Guru nanak paatsha they started to do aarti how guru nanaak dev ji said. And they became nihaal.

Next, after going to guru, and tasting that sweetness

har charan kamal - gods lotus feet

MAKARAND! – amrit; flowers, petals; (trust me, see this word)

Lobhit mano – my mun wants it (because youre attached to it (just like in shskriti, peevatang sant na tripiyate – sant never get tripat after drinking the amrit)

Andino mohe aaee piyasa – forever I'm piyasa (fish without water); and piaasa of moh, attachment to the world (-> so give me the saarang jal)

Kripa jal de nanak sarang kao - >>so after they taste it once, they want that kirpa again and again, so this is the ardas – bless us with saarang jal

Hoae ja te terai naae vasa – that it if happens, I will be in you naam. (because its just happened to this sangat that guru naanak dev ji came across.

So this pauri can also be seen to transform patit to pavan, from kach to kanchan. Akin to philosophers stone in gurbani etc etc..

Maharaj guru naanak dev ji is rub da saroop.

Obviously they would bless these people who didn’t know what they were doing and didn’t know how to do aarti.

Just imagine.. what that aarti must have been like.

With guru nanak ved ji there.

Dhan dhan

Dhan dhan

Dhan

Dhan guru nanak dev jio maharaj

J

Gurfateh!