Edinburgh Beadbi

Satkaar

This is fantastic news well done to all concerned.

I think we should keep the momentum going, can we now SangatBlitz another Gurdwara doing beadbi, maybe where they serve full english breakfass maybe? and do it in the calm collected manner in which this 'jit' has been achieved.

• 2 weeks later...

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

I am writing in response to the article about the Edinburgh Gurdwara in Scotland, I am very distressed that as a community we are allowing ourselves to be split, the issue in discussion is very real and needs to be addressed, but not in the way this is happening, can we not see that we are being infiltrated by so called 'fundamenatilists' in the guise of Amritdharis, they are creating division amongst all sikhs all over the globe. The reason 'united we stand' divided we fall' their aim is to create as much disharmony as possible amongst our Gurdwaras so that the unity which has been our strength for hundreds of years is diminished and we become a community of weak willed people fighting amongst ourselves. We will no longer be able to stand side by side with our brother Sikhs and stand up for the opressed and the weak or continue to practice the teachings of our Guru's which seem to be have forgotton by most of our brother sikhs which is 'Mans Ki jaat sab ekeh pechanbo' Guru Nanak and the following 9 Guru Ji's built Sikhism as a way for all to pray and worship as they wished they created a platform for all to respect each other and our individuality. We are being brainwashed into moving away from the real teachings of the Granth Sahib and creating a fundamentalist religion that wil eventually eat away at our roots and bring about sects that cannot see eye to eye.

I urge you all to stop this 'war' we are becoming like the 'Moghul' rule that was the reason that Guru Nanak was the light to deliver us from that bondage and we recreating it. I do not endorse in any manner or form what has happened at the Edinburgh Gurdwara but we are all human and we are allowed to make mistakes it is God who forgives and allows us to move on and learn from them.

@ bhani - Hello!

I'm reading between the lines here, but are you suggesting that the Amritdhari Sikhs aren't truly representative of what Sikhism is about? Sure, they maybe a bit forceful and inflexible in their perception of issues at times, but make no mistake about it - they are what all Sikhs should aspire to be. I'm guessing you think 'relaxed' Sikhs are the one's who are being "victimised"? I respectfully disagree, my friend. Yes I am concerned that some Sikhs should refrain from travelling the route of hardliners, and we end up with the same issues that certain aspects of Islam is now suffering.

However, I think Amritdhari Sikhs are upholding what needs to be upheld in this particular situation. Yes their approach maybe blunt but I cannot fathom how such mistakes can be made in Gurudwaras.

As to your point about "infiltrations" then I think you're exaggerating the point somewhat. Being clear and strict on such an important issue as beadbi does not mean the people enforcing the rules are fundamentalists.

But there can be no mistakes or misunderstandings when it comes to serving meat (or other beadbi) in Gurudwaras. I wonder what goes through these people's minds when such issues arise in Gurudwaras. Its not as if its a newly-introduced rule that's just come into being and everyone is still getting use to its application. Its a given that meat should never, ever come near a Gurudwara, never mind being served within the premises itself! Its madness!

• 2 months later...

WJKK WJKF.

I have very sad new to report-there is new twist in the hall issue an meeting last Tuesday resulted in a

vote to reopen the hall for party's!.

The plan is to totally block the door leading to the lunger hall

and stead of using sungets moneys there will be a separate

charge for the sunget wanting to use the hall for party's with separate

account and address to justify all of this.

I'm sorry but these allegations are not true. I've spoken with the committee and they ask that sangat wait for an update from Satkaar, rather than individuals before making cold callsjust in case. If you do need to discuss this issue, PM me, i'll give you my number

WJKK WJKF.

Very sorry my bothers and sisters i have went too far,without the proper evindence it wrong to say things which are not true. so pls

do not phone anyone like i said before. It my big ego getting the best of me!

Pls forgive me for any mistakes i make.

WJKK WJKF!

"If you want to shake slavery of your necks, first enter your home, Anandpur. Then in each village, have one motorcycle. three riders, and three new revolvers. Whatever legal action is taken against me on this account, I shall bear it even if it means that I am skinned alive, chopped joint by joint, or burnt alive. One motorcycle, three new revolvers and three young men in each village. We are not going to do this to kill people. For a Sikh it is a great sin to keep weapons and kill any one. However, Khalsa Ji, it is an even greater sin to have weapons and not to seek justice. Now you have to think over how to use these weapons. If you want to shake slavery off your necks, you have to adopt this way, whether you do it today or some time later. But do not do this: that having got a motorcycle, you go and rob a hawker, a rickshaw puller, or a shopkeeper, or commit burglary. This is not Sikh principle. Some people say I should present a strong program. I give you this program. Take it. When you return after completing it, I shall embrace the one who gets justice against those who set fire to copies of Siri Guru Granth Sahib."

Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale