Favorite Bairaagi Kirtan

SunSingh

So what are some of your favorite bairaagi kirtan tracks?? I've recently got much more into kirtan, whereas before I used to listen mainly to katha and simran tracks so I'm searching for some more.

Here's some of mine so far:

Satgur mera seda - Bhai Satvinder Singh & Harvinder Singh

Sloks of Bhagat Kabir ji - Satvinder Singh & Harvinder Singh

Hale Yaara Hale Yaara Khush Khabri - Bhai Amarjeet Singh

Mera Satgur Rakhwala Hoaa - Bhai Amarjeet Singh

Bin Dekhe Preetma - Bhai Lakhwinder Singh

Milho Pyare Jiye - Bhai Niranjan Singh

So what are some of your favorite bairaagi kirtan tracks?? I've recently got much more into kirtan, whereas before I used to listen mainly to katha and simran tracks so I'm searching for some more.

Here's some of mine so far:

Satgur mera seda - Bhai Satvinder Singh & Harvinder Singh

Sloks of Bhagat Kabir ji - Satvinder Singh & Harvinder Singh

Hale Yaara Hale Yaara Khush Khabri - Bhai Amarjeet Singh

Mera Satgur Rakhwala Hoaa - Bhai Amarjeet Singh

Bin Dekhe Preetma - Bhai Lakhwinder Singh

Milho Pyare Jiye - Bhai Niranjan Singh

Bhaji can you post links of these if possible please? thanks!

Birha by Bhai Harjinder Singh Ji (SriNagar Wale) :) The whole album is really amazing,

http://www.sikhsangeet.com/albumid347-Harjinder-Singh-(Sri-Nagar-Wale)-Birha.html

I particularly love these Shabads:

Some may argue against the unorthodox musical arrangement but its good enough to make me cry, and this is coming from someone whose more into classical, Raag-based kirtan..

:waheguru:

EDIT: Oh, and this by Bhai Parminder Singh Ji (Jalandhar) and Jagjit Singh Ji Melbourne, just tune in and merge with the One :)

http://sikhee.com/audio/Kirtan/Bhai%20Balbir%20Singh/suhavi%20kaun%20suvela%20jit%20prabh%20mela%20-%20vadhans%20m_5.mp3

Especially the Gurbani at 8.30, you must read the translation whilst listening to it. For me, it's not the same reading the Arth before listening to the Kirtan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

VJKK VJKF

Vaaheguroo....

Bhai Gurbir Singh Jee (taran taaran)... so much kirpaa...

Raag Goojaree - If there is a perfect simile for Raag Goojaree, it would be that of a person isolated in the desert, who has their hands cupped, holding water. However it is only when the water begins to slowly seep through their joined hands that the person comes to realise the real value and importance of the water. Similarly Raag Goojaree leads the listener to realise and become aware of passing time and in this way comes to realise the precious nature of time itself. The revelation brings the listener to an awareness and admission of their own death and mortality, making them utilise their remaining ‘life time’ more wisely.

This Shabad is by Guru Raam Daas Ji in Raag Goojaree on Pannaa 494

gUjrI mhlw 4 ]

goojaree mehalaa 4 ||

Goojaree, Fourth Mehla:

ijn siqguru purKu ijin hir pRBu pwieAw mo kau kir aupdysu hir mIT lgwvY ]

jin sathigur purakh jin har prabh paaeiaa mo ko kar oupadhaes har meet(h) lagaavai ||

One who has found the Lord God through the True Guru, has made the Lord seem so sweet to me, through the His Teachings.

mnu qnu sIqlu sB hirAw hoAw vfBwgI hir nwmu iDAwvY ]1]

man than seethal sabh hariaa hoaa vaddabhaagee har naam dhhiaavai ||1||

My mind and body have been cooled and soothed, and totally rejuvenated; by great good fortune, I meditate on the Name of the Lord. ||1||

BweI ry mo kau koeI Awie imlY hir nwmu idRVwvY ]

bhaaee rae mo ko koee aae milai har naam dhrirraavai ||

O Siblings of Destiny, let anyone who can implant the Lord's Name within me, come and meet with me.

myry pRIqm pRwn mnu qnu sBu dyvw myry hir pRB kI hir kQw sunwvY ]1] rhwau ]

maerae preetham praan man than sabh dhaevaa maerae har prabh kee har kathhaasunaavai ||1|| rehaao ||

Unto my Beloved, I give my mind and body, and my very breath of life. He speaks to me of the sermon of my Lord God. ||1||Pause||

DIrju Drmu gurmiq hir pwieAw inq hir nwmY hir isau icqu lwvY ]

dhheeraj dhharam guramath har paaeiaa nith har naamai har sio chith laavai ||

Through the Guru's Teachings, I have obtained courage, faith and the Lord. He keeps my mind focused continually on the Lord, and the Name of the Lord.

AMimRq bcn siqgur kI bwxI jo bolY so muiK AMimRqu pwvY ]2]

a(n)mrith bachan sathigur kee baanee jo bolai so mukh a(n)mrith paavai ||2||

The Words of the True Guru's Teachings are Ambrosial Nectar; this Amrit trickles into the mouth of the one who chants them. ||2||

inrmlu nwmu ijqu mYlu n lwgY gurmiq nwmu jpY ilv lwvY ]

niramal naam jith mail n laagai guramath naam japai liv laavai ||

Immaculate is the Naam, which cannot be stained by filth. Through the Guru's Teachings, chant the Naam with love.

nwmu pdwrQu ijn nr nhI pwieAw sy BwghIx muey mir jwvY ]3]

naam padhaarathh jin nar nehee paaeiaa sae bhaageheen mueae mar jaavai ||3||

That man who has not found the wealth of the Naam is most unfortunate; he dies over and over again. ||3||

Awnd mUlu jgjIvn dwqw sB jn kau Andu krhu hir iDAwvY ]

aanadh mool jagajeevan dhaathaa sabh jan ko anadh karahu har dhhiaavai ||

The source of bliss, the Life of the world, the Great Giver brings bliss to all who meditate on the Lord.

qUM dwqw jIA siB qyry jn nwnk gurmuiK bKis imlwvY ]4]6]

thoo(n) dhaathaa jeea sabh thaerae jan naanak guramukh bakhas milaavai ||4||6||

You are the Great Giver, all beings belong to You. O servant Nanak, You forgive the Gurmukhs, and merge them into Yourself. ||4||6||

VJKK VJKF