The Disease! (Msn, Facebook Etc)

If people's ire is directed at me then as usual, people have jumped to conclusions and raised their "chanda" without reading properly. My main gripe with social networking in the context of the 'Sangat' on here, is to protect children from its effects. Why did I single out social networking and not, for example, computers is because this thread was dealing with social networking.

That fact that I personally don't like frequenting sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc., is MY personal choice. I never said everyone should cease to waste their time on such sites. I mentioned that young people should especially be careful. :rolleyes: Oh but lets not have the facts get in the way of some good, old-fashioned jumping the gun(!)

Nobody here is advocating or making rules to ban or boycott the use of social networks (definitely not a witch hunt lol). Even SikhSangat is on social network sites such facebook, twitter etc. Such websites will stay online and will continue to pop up in later years. It is only our budhi or karam to make proper use of such websites otherwise it is total waste of YOUR time and that some of us can tell from our own experience ;) . It is your freedom to decide on how to use em and we here are the only here (close to 30's) who can post our own personal experience of using such services. As our brother's id "kaljugi" reminds us that we are living in kalyug and not everything is perfect but it is upto every individuals to decide their own fate as Mehtab Singh posted in his last reply.

And I was with you, your buddy, throughout all that, and I fully second and agree to everything you said. Singha, apa kinna time barbaad kita yaar!!! blink.gif

hahah it was good ol' time too but if compared we definitely did waste whole lot of our young years lol... par chal koe nah, assan sikhi teh tah pakkay hoaay...

I had a post deleted too. Anyway it was probably for the better. But we should be allowed to have free speech. If someone is speaking lies and garbage, Guruji will have them exposed as liars. So let these "bad" people have their say, because the truth shall always set us free. Don't be scared, otherwise they will keep coming back, instead just show them the love rather than censoring them. But to keep deleting posts, is like being on a power trip, as if you own the land, and if people don't adhere to what you say, you will not let them speak. Well that is exactly what is wrong with the world, so don't be like them. Let people who make idiotic posts, make a fool out of themselves, myself included, or we won't learn.

Admin Note: Well said Harjeet, however, the posts of some members that got deleted were just poking fun at the whole issue or at a particular poster rather than contributing genuine comments.

Anyway all this social networking is pretty dumb when the fact is human beings have an innate ability to use telepathy. We all have this power. The other races of humans from the other dimensions use telepathy all the time. So much infact that many of them do not know how to use their voice boxes. Imagine what the world would be like if we all started using telepathy again. These abilities come back to us as we connect to higher frequencies. Thats why God wants us to connect with him. Truth we don't really need telephones, or social networking. Thats why we should work hard to jap naam.

We got to stop messing around and realise our true selves. We are all trapped in little boxes called our minds. Its time to wake up. Ofcourse i need to wake up too. We are all in a trance. Time to wake up. Life was not suppose to be like this, all this stuff is so trivial. We really need to get to God now, stop wasting time. Heal yourself and you heal the world.