Beadbi At Ramgarhia Gurdwara, Graham Street, Birmingham

RamgarhiaBoy

Maybe it is a good idea to have the panth time in the party hall, then the committee can be put on the spot and asked why this place is being used for parties. Hope someone also takes them to task about the name Ramgarhia Gurdwara.

It should be remembered that at the battle of Ramgarh, all who were present started to call themselves Ramgarhias. this means that there were all types of people in the misl from all so called "castes" - there were farmers, artisans and even what some may call untouchables , all started to call themsleves Ramgarhias so this notion that Ramgarhia is a caste is not true and those who promote it as a caste are migusided it is nothing of the kind, it was a misl. When the misls got dissolved into the khalsa panth then so we all became khalsa hence there is no need for a Ramgarhia Gurdwara, only a Gurdwara.

There is no doubt about it, people from the Ramgarhia Sikh community (not a caste) along with individuals from all other Sikh communities are all Sikh brothers and Baba Jassa Singh Ramgarhia was truly a great Sikh. I am from a Jatt background and do not give a hoot about being a Jatt, I am a Sikh plain and simple.

I just can’t get my head round this issue. There is a Ramgarhia Gurdwara in Birmingham whose committee is allowing parties where there is no prohibition on meat and alcohol being served to be held within a Gurdwara owned property. I mean, you don’t need to be a Sikh scholar to work out that this is just wrong. You don’t even need an Akal Takht Hukamnana, this is just plain and simple wrong.

I quite like Dr Pyara Bhogal, I have seen him on Sikh channel and he speaks very articulately and has a lot of knowledge about Sikhi. I have personally learnt a lot from him. But what I personally can’t understand is, why Dr Pyara Bhogal just doesn’t admit that these activities have unfortunately happened on the Gurdwara premises and ensures that they don’t happen again. Why is such an issue even being debated on Sikh Channel when the required actions are so clear.

I know you all know this but im going to repeat it anyway. WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME SIDE, WE ARE ALL SIKH BROTHERS!

The only humble request I have to the Satkaar Sevadars, please ensure that you never let anger get the hold of you when trying to achieve your objectives, even in moments when you are under extreme provocation (you need to remain whiter then white). And always keep the bigger picture in mind, which is winning this argument by winning the hearts and minds of the Sikhs who use the Gurdwara in question. There is no point in enforcing the Hukamnama and then alienating a large number of Sikhs. In order to achieve our bigger aims we need a united front from Sikhs of all communities.

Keep up the good work!!

That Panth Time Special was probably the best debate I have seen on the Sikh Channel.

Was good to see the Satkaar members clarifying what was happening, instead of bhogal lying that he had received threatening emails.

The dissapointing thing was the fact that the grays committee still do not believe they were in the wrong, and the guy <mod note: name

Removed due to personal request> who phoned in actually seemed to say it was ok to provide meat and alcohol as its a community need.

I was also disappointed in the Chair person, due to him being a friend of bhogal, I think he gave bhogal more time than the others, and didn't cut bhogal off as he did to the Singh on the back and to Satkaar vale.

I guess, people's true colours come out when their under pressure, bhogal's colours defintely came out, and the community should be concerned that someone like him will be making decisions for the panth, (UK Sikh Council, Birmingham Council of Gurdware).

But I think 'Mental Singh' is keeping an eye on him...lol..or bhogal is definitly keeping an eye on 'Mental Singh'...lol

Seriously, It would be brilliant if the Satkaar Sevadars attended the Panth time at Ramgharia Gurdwara, Birmingham...or were even on the panel.

These issues need to be tackled head on...the last thing the panth needs is loads of alchohlics justifying the meat and sharab at the Jassa Singh Ramgharia Hall on the the Sikh Channel.

BENTI TO SADH SANGAT, PLEASE ATTEND PANTH TIME AT RAMGHARIA GURDWARA, GRAHAM STREET, BIRMINGHAM!!!

I didn't get to watch the program - what was Dr Bhogal's justification for allowing meat and Sharaab on Gurdwara property and why they're going against Sri Akhaal Takhats hukamnama/Sandesh?

Has was just creating smoke screens and claiming victimisation. At the end of the programme he said that the biggest killer disease within Sikhs is liver sclerosis! Very confused person....

He really has shown how panthic he really is.

Yes - although caste should not be brought into it, Grays is a majority "Jatt" committee, and Edinburgh is a majority "Bhatra" committee! How can RST then claim victimisation?!?!?

Also, bottom line is that of the 15 or so Gurdwaras with party halls, 7/8 of them are Ramgarhia Gurdwaras. So, of course, they are proportionately going to get targeted more - BECAUSE they are the ones engaging more in Manmat. Stop the Manmat, and then you'll stop getting targeted by the Sangat. SIMPLE!!!