Beadbi At Ramgarhia Gurdwara, Graham Street, Birmingham

RamgarhiaBoy

As the issue comes to a boil, the committee will use some of the following propaganda:

Khalistani militant Sikhs are trying to stop us

They don't like Ramgharhia's

They jealous of the number of sangat we attract

Then personal attacks:

They own clubs and offys themselves.

Akal Tathkt are corrupt themselves, they in bed with Badal.

They will use these statements to get the sangat on their side.

We need well written rebuttals distributed to the sangat ready before hand

This is the segment of the Panth Time programme (broadcasted on Sikh Channel - 4th December 2010) where Sri Akal Takht Sahib Jathedar expands on the 2006 Sandesh:

We should be grateful that Jathedar Singh Sahib Gianni Gurbachan Singh Ji phoned in live on such a topical issue to give further clarity. Even as the Jathedar of Akal Takht Sahib clarifies all issues, Dr PS Bhogal (seen sitting on 2nd from left on the front row of the audience) who represented not only the committee of RST but also Birmingham Council of Gurdwaras squabbled on the Panth Time show about why the party hall needed to exist.

It frustrates me that there are irreconcilable individuals perceived "fit" to be representative of the Khalsa Panth in UK Sikh councils and the Sikh Channel. We have seen too many of the self appointed individuals who twist Gurmat and misquote Gurbani to back their own agendas. I pray the SCUK grow out of this form of leadership which I believe has held progression back in UK Gurdwaras for the last 20 years.

On one side these individuals say that booze fuelled Gurdwara party halls are progressive for the Sikhs community and on the other side they verbally acknowledge alcohol related liver disease as a major killer in Sikh/Punjabi men. It's just embarrassing hypocrisy....

This is the segment of the Panth Time programme (broadcasted on Sikh Channel - 4th December 2010) where Sri Akal Takht Sahib Jathedar Gyani Gurbachan Singh Ji expands on the 2006 Sandesh:

Please can Sikhpaji and other members of RST take note.

6mins 30seconds into the video clip Dr Gurnaam Singh directly asks Jathedar ji for clarity on properties assumed to be outside the boundries of the Gurdwara but owned by the Gurdwara. Jathedar ji gives clarity that these properties are ONLY allowed to be used for Gurmat related activities only, MEAT, ALCOHOL OR DRUGS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THESE PROPERTIES!

The Satkaar campaign is not a formal body in any sense. It is neither a registered charity nor a private association, nor does it have any formal office or office-bearers. Rather, the Satkaar campaign, and its Sevadaars (i.e., Satkaar Sevadaars), is a UK Sangat-led grassroots Gurdwara reform movement, initially focused on preventing the gross sacrilege of parties, meat, alcohol and tobacco being permitted on Gurdwara premises or any premises funded with the Sangat's donations to Guru Ji's Golak. This cause, as an issue of concern for the UK Sangat, was formalised on Saturday 16 October 2010, when hundreds of concerned members of the UK Sangat – young and old, male and female, amritdhaari and non-amritdhaari, from all Panthic Jathebandiaan and backgrounds – travelled from far and wide to peacefully protest against a proposed party at Grays Gurdwara, which would see alcohol, tobacco and meat permitted on Gurdwara premises. With Guru Ji's blessings, the party was prevented from occurring. Subsequently, Grays and Edinburgh Gurdwaras have also agreed to close down their party halls.

Just a reminder of the second amazing Hukumnama Dhan Dhan Sachay Patshay Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj blessed us with on Saturday 16 October 2010 during the Grays Morcha.

Dhanaasree mehlaa 5.

Dhanaasaree, Fifth Mehl:

doot dusman sabh tujh tay nivrahi pargat partaap tumaaraa.

All demons and enemies are eradicated by You, Lord; Your glory is manifest and radiant.

jo jo tayray bhagat dukhaa-ay oh tatkaal tum maaraa. ||1||

Whoever harms Your devotees, You destroy in an instant. ||1||

nirkha-o tumree or har neet.

I look to You continually, Lord.

muraar sahaa-ay hohu daas ka-o kar geh uDhrahu meet. rahaa-o.

O Lord, Destroyer of ego, please, be the helper and companion of Your slaves; take my hand, and save me, O my Friend! ||Pause||

sunee bayntee thaakur mayrai khasmaanaa kar aap.

My Lord and Master has heard my prayer, and given me His protection.

naanak anad bha-ay dukh bhaagay sadaa sadaa har jaap. ||2||13||44||

Nanak is in ecstasy, and his pains are gone; he meditates on the Lord, forever and ever. ||2||13||44||

RST have released a statement to cover their tracks and pretend that they have been talking with the Satkaar Sevadars. Its amasing how they feel they are being bullied to follow maryada! That means they want to be free to do manmat....following Akal Takht Sahib Maryada is like being bullied.

http://www.rstbirmingham.com/

"Important - Satkaar Sewadars further threaten Maharaja Jassa Singh Hall and RST Members by sending out SMS Messages for a demonstration at Gurdwara - have your say to oppose this bullying.

Maharaja Jassa Singh Hall Update

Dear Members and Sadh Sangat Ji, The Gurdwara would like to inform you that a body called Satkaar Sewadaar have been putting immense pressure on the Committee in regards to the Hiring of MJSH and that it should not allow certain foods and drinks. The Committee have suggested a meeting date to discuss this but it seems that an email went out and posts on websites that ths was not the case. The Committee advised them that the decision will be made by the members of RST (especially as they implied it was the local sadh Sangat members who had complained)and a meeting for Mid January was proposed as key individuals from the Committee were abroad and the regular Members and Sadh Sangat needed to be consulted and also we need to establish who they represent and whether they represent as this is still unclear.. Satkaar Sewadars sent out an email stating we were unwilling to meet them, which is untrue. They have emailed again requesting another meeting yesterday. We would like your views on this and would welcome responses to info@rstbirmingham.com"

RST have released a statement to cover their tracks and pretend that they have been talking with the Satkaar Sevadars. Its amasing how they feel they are being bullied to follow maryada! That means they want to be free to do manmat....following Akal Takht Sahib Maryada is like being bullied.

http://www.rstbirmingham.com/

"Important - Satkaar Sewadars further threaten Maharaja Jassa Singh Hall and RST Members by sending out SMS Messages for a demonstration at Gurdwara - have your say to oppose this bullying.

Maharaja Jassa Singh Hall Update

Dear Members and Sadh Sangat Ji, The Gurdwara would like to inform you that a body called Satkaar Sewadaar have been putting immense pressure on the Committee in regards to the Hiring of MJSH and that it should not allow certain foods and drinks. The Committee have suggested a meeting date to discuss this but it seems that an email went out and posts on websites that ths was not the case. The Committee advised them that the decision will be made by the members of RST (especially as they implied it was the local sadh Sangat members who had complained)and a meeting for Mid January was proposed as key individuals from the Committee were abroad and the regular Members and Sadh Sangat needed to be consulted and also we need to establish who they represent and whether they represent as this is still unclear.. Satkaar Sewadars sent out an email stating we were unwilling to meet them, which is untrue. They have emailed again requesting another meeting yesterday. We would like your views on this and would welcome responses to info@rstbirmingham.com"

Come on RST walay, be honest enough to refer to the fact that you allow meat and alcohol on MJSH instead of the vague reference of ‘Certain foods and drinks’. How spineless!

Anyway, this is Akal Takht's hukum, not Satkaar Sewaadars on anyone else. A committee that needs to give themselves several weeks to ban alcohol and meat on the pavitar Gurdwara premises are not worthy of calling themselves Panth sewaks. In my view they cannot have a Gurmat agenda. Shame on the RST Birmingham committee, who do not deserve to be representing the great misl of Baba Jassa Singh Ramgharia.

It is also evident that parties serving alcohol and meat have been still taking place on the MJSR Hall. On the 4th December 2010 a party took place at the Hall which which allowed khulla sharab and maas to be served. No doubt there's been several parties since then and there will be more to come. The Committee have shown no interest in addressing the issue and carry on entertaining manmat under Baba Jassa Singh's name. It's a terrible state of affairs.

wjkk wjkf

RST website says "We would like your views on this and would welcome responses to info@rstbirmingham.com"

Dear all,

Can we all send a polite email (EVERYONE) and CC Satkar in the same email. Please raise your views and write if you are happy with serving of alcohol and meat etc. in the hall or not.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be polite in the email and simply give your view on the issue only.

REMEMBER, no personal attack or anything offensive.

RST have given us a chance to say something on this issue, so we should make the most of it.

Please DO NOT FORGET to CC satkar in the email which you will send you RST.

Satkar's email are: Satkaar@hotmail.co.uk

SatkaarSevadaars@hotmail.co.uk

wjkk wjkf

wjkk wjkf

RST website says "We would like your views on this and would welcome responses to info@rstbirmingham.com"

Dear all,

Can we all send a polite email (EVERYONE) and CC Satkar in the same email. Please raise your views and write if you are happy with serving of alcohol and meat etc. in the hall or not.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be polite in the email and simply give your view on the issue only.

REMEMBER, no personal attack or anything offensive.

RST have given us a chance to say something on this issue, so we should make the most of it.

Please DO NOT FORGET to CC satkar in the email which you will send you RST.

Satkar's email are: Satkaar@hotmail.co.uk

SatkaarSevadaars@hotmail.co.uk

wjkk wjkf

This is the latest update on the RST Webiste -

311 Update - The Commitee has responded to the Satkaar Sewadars with the following email today:-

Satkaar Sewadars, A Committee meeting took place yesterday on Sunday 2nd January 2011 at Ramgarhia Sikh Temple in which it was decided that no further bookings will be made for Maharaja Jassa Singh Ramgarhia Hall where the families want to provide meat and alcohol and the commitee will be feeding back this information to the members and the sangat. The commitee is willing to meet with individuals representing the satkaar sewadars to discuss these matter on the 9th January at 2.30pm or 10th January 7.00pm as long as as agreed previously the names of all attending with who they represent is provided, along with the local sangat members who have approached you. Finally, the above has been agreed as long as the Satkaar Sewadars send out notices on the internet, post them by email and on Websites such as Sikh Sangat that the demonstration is cancelled and that there will be no future demonstrations. Finally we would also like to bring to your attention that we have received the following email from an individual; i would suggest that you discourage these emails as they will only create a break down in communication for the future and please forward communication to us.

Sent to Satkaat Sewadars was an email from Surjit Singh (surjit65@hotmail.co.uk) where he is swearing to picture posts and sending email to this effect to the gurdwara website).

Fateh ji, just saw this on the RST website....

311 Update - The Commitee has responded to the Satkaar Sewadars with the following email today:-

Satkaar Sewadars, A Committee meeting took place yesterday on Sunday 2nd January 2011 at Ramgarhia Sikh Temple in which it was decided that no further bookings will be made for Maharaja Jassa Singh Ramgarhia Hall where the families want to provide meat and alcohol and the commitee will be feeding back this information to the members and the sangat. The commitee is willing to meet with individuals representing the satkaar sewadars to discuss these matter on the 9th January at 2.30pm or 10th January 7.00pm as long as as agreed previously the names of all attending with who they represent is provided, along with the local sangat members who have approached you. Finally, the above has been agreed as long as the Satkaar Sewadars send out notices on the internet, post them by email and on Websites such as Sikh Sangat that the demonstration is cancelled and that there will be no future demonstrations. Finally we would also like to bring to your attention that we have received the following email from an individual; i would suggest that you discourage these emails as they will only create a break down in communication for the future and please forward communication to us.

Sent to Satkaat Sewadars was an email from Surjit Singh where he is swearing to picture posts and sending email to this effect to the gurdwara website).

This is FANTASTIC news, all credit goes to Satigur Akal Purkh for giving the opportunity to the UK Sangat to stop such a maha paap from ocurring any longer. Vadhiyaan to all Sikh Sangat who did their part!

A word of caution, I would not bow to the wishes of the RST who want the names etc put forward of the local sangat who were unhappy, so that they are then able to pressure them once the spotlight has moved off the Gurdwara. It is key that people who are disturbed by the manmat of party halls in Gurdwaray be confident in the fact that they can come to Satkaar with their worries and be confident in the fact that the Sevadaars will keep confidentiality, to protect their interests.

Also they request that there be no future demonstrations, I 'd advise against this too, as we are unable to see into the future, so this would be unwise - who knows - what happens if they revert to type?

I'm not sure how far the Satkaar people want to go, but note should also be taken of the "meat and alcohol", nothing re: Bhangra etc. Just an observation