Beadbi At Ramgarhia Gurdwara, Graham Street, Birmingham

RamgarhiaBoy

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Off topic comments removed. Singho a benti in your feet jeo - please post only that material that is relevant to the topic? If you want to discuss other issues please start a new topic and carry on the discussion there but please let the thread serve the purpose it is here for.

Dhanvaad!

Issues like these make me want to bash my head into a brick hall. Which bright spark thinks alcohol and/or meat is permissable in a Gurudwara or one of its halls? Are the committees of these Guru ghar's so hungry for money that common sense goes out the window? What are their justifications for this nonsense?

The analysis of the accounts shown by other users in this thread show that Ramgarhia Birmingham committee have absolutely no shortage of funds. They cannot even make the 'economic case' for it, which other committees try to do.

I don't know of any official update, but the emails released by Satkaar showed that the committee are trying to drag this one out to the second week of January. They shouldn't be under any illusion that this issue will fall off the Sangat's minds/priority.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I'm amazed at the hypocrisy shown by Ramgarhia Gurdwara Bham on their website:

Ramgarhia Gurdwara Bham Website

RST Bham.pdf

On one hand they have a link where you can download Sikh Rehit Maryada document, making someone think they are really Panthic while on the other hand they refuse to even accept that this maryada includes no meat, alcohol & tobacco along with no parties anywhere on Gurdwara owned property, i.e Maharaja Jassa Singh Ramgarhia Hall. They are fully aware that they are not adhering to the Sandesh issued by Akal Takht Sahib.

On top of this they are advising their sangat that certain chocolates and biscuits shouldn't be brought to the Gurdwara as they contain egg! This is a ridiculous attitude, Ramgarhia Bham are allowing gross beadbi on a weekly basis however they continue to put on a Panthic act.

wjkk wjkf

dear veer ji, the website of the gurdwara is a really positive step. The main purpose of this website is to update the sangat with kirtan programmes/ sikhi events etc. happening at this gurdwara sahib and/or other kirtan programmes happening in other local/national gurdwara sahib. Rest is upto the individuals to take advantege of this information or not.

It is a kind request to all of you that please use the website as a tool to get information of all the activities happening at RST. Please have a look at different classes for various things, come and attend them, spread the word. There is nothing more powerful than education. Take advantage of the Punjabi classes (i guess half of the people post messages here cant even read/write/speak punjabi smoothly- I hope I am wrong), Take advantage of Gurbani Santhiya Classes, Kirtan Classes, Learn Gurbani here etc......

Remember, The information on the RST website v/s meat & alcohol & parties in Jassa Singh hall is totally seperate issue.... There are so many physical fitness activities happening in Jassa Singh hall too, please come and join. Go to the RST website and have a look.

you know what, if you are not coming to jassa singh hall for fitness, table tannis, badminton, yoga for both male/female, shin-kin etc. guys you are missing a golden chance. once again, please come and join. Remember there are so many good things happening which you will surely enjoy.

The hall is there for the sangat, if anyone of you has a better idea, come and share with sangat... do something more creating and useful, I am positive the committee will back you up with this.

But yeah, Sikh Rehat Mariyada & Maharaaja Jassa Singh Hall are two different things. I've had people saying that Sikh Rehat Mariyada should be taken off from RST website, How negative thinking is this????

All I would say is please use this website in a positive tool and take full advanatage of the information given on this website. We will NEVER put any ANTI-SIKH information on this website.

I hope we all would agree with that 1. Information on Sikh Rehat Mariyada and 2. Request to Sangat Ji not to bring products containing Eggs, are NOT ANTI-SIKH and We should spead this message to others...!!!

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karni Ji.

wjkk wjkf

How can meat and alcohol at the hall named after Baba Jassa Singh Ji Ramgarhia be a separate issue from everything else that goes on there? You can't claim kudos for the positive things in the hall, and then shut your eyes to the meat, booze and tobacco.

Even if there are some good things happening in the hall, which no-one is denying, the bottom line is that they are allowing bajjar kurehits to take place in a gurdwara. One could even say that they are providing a platform for promoting these bajjar kurehits by offering these "services" in the hall at a discounted rate. It's interesting how they advertise everything else on the website which they know is positive, but they don't have the guts to advertise their party hall with booze and meat on the website. Just goes to show, they know what they are doing is WRONG, but they're to engrossed in what they're doing to admit it and change their behaviour.

The hall is there for the sangat, if anyone of you has a better idea, come and share with sangat... do something more creating and useful, I am positive the committee will back you up with this.

To this date, the committee are dismissive of the sangat's requests to stop booze, meat and tobacco in the hall. The committee are refusing to listen to the sangat on this. If you have any influence over the committee, you should ask them to explain why they're refusing to abide by Akal Takht's Sandesh.

All I would say is please use this website in a positive tool and take full advanatage of the information given on this website. We will NEVER put any ANTI-SIKH information on this website.

I hope we all would agree with that 1. Information on Sikh Rehat Mariyada and 2. Request to Sangat Ji not to bring products containing Eggs, are NOT ANTI-SIKH and We should spead this message to others...!!!

The website should promote Gurmat philosophy on it, so please provide a link on it to Akal Takht's Sandesh too, which encourages sangat money not to be used on halls which permit meat, tobacco and booze. "We should spread this message to others" too.

Jarnail Singh Khalsa Ji,

It's great to see such good Sikh related activities taking place in the Guru Ghar...but don't use it as a cover up to ignore the immoral activities that also take place in the Gurdwara's hall.

In the comfortable world of ignorance you have conveniently made a statement that Sikh Rehat Maryada and the activates of Maharaja Jassa Singh Ramghria Hall are separate....So in your little cosy world you have acknowledged Sikh Rehat Maryada but are prepared to disregard it in the boundaries of the Gurdwara owned Maharaja Jassa Singh Ramghria Hall when whiskey is poured in glasses...because as you put it the table tennis, yoga etc makes it all acceptable!

"See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil".... lets just all look the other way !

I have a positive suggestion for the committee regarding the hall ...and it is...'please do not allow meat, alcohol and parties on the premises'....

wjkk wjkf

dear veer ji, the website of the gurdwara is a really positive step. The main purpose of this website is to update the sangat with kirtan programmes/ sikhi events etc. happening at this gurdwara sahib and/or other kirtan programmes happening in other local/national gurdwara sahib. Rest is upto the individuals to take advantege of this information or not.

It is a kind request to all of you that please use the website as a tool to get information of all the activities happening at RST. Please have a look at different classes for various things, come and attend them, spread the word. There is nothing more powerful than education. Take advantage of the Punjabi classes (i guess half of the people post messages here cant even read/write/speak punjabi smoothly- I hope I am wrong), Take advantage of Gurbani Santhiya Classes, Kirtan Classes, Learn Gurbani here etc......

Remember, Jassa Singh hall v/s meat & alcohol & parties is totally seperate issue.... There are so many physical fitness activities happening in Jassa Singh hall too, please come and join. Go to the RST website and have a look.

you know what, if you are not coming to jassa singh hall for fitness, table tannis, badminton, yoga for both male/female, shin-kin etc. guys you are missing a golden chance. once again, please come and join. Remember there are so many good things happening which you will surely enjoy.

But yeah, Sikh Rehat Mariyada & Maharaaja Jassa Singh Hall are two different things. I've had people saying that Sikh Rehat Mariyada should be taken off from RST website, How negative thinking is this????

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karni Ji.

wjkk wjkf

The messages are correct and should be followed by others. The committee stops these sweets in the Gurdwara but allow meat and alcohol in the adjoining hall. They have the Rehit Maryada on the website but instead they have activity decided not to adhere to it. This info should stay if the Committee decide to accept and adhere to it, otherwise its hypocrisy.

The Gurdwara Committee are refusing to even discuss the issues, please read the threads. They dont have a leg to stand on and blatantly continue the beadbi of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji on a week basis. It is all our duty to stop this....

Mr Jarnail Singh Khalsa, you seem to be part of the gurdwara committee or are in someway closely linked to the management committe. You should be using your influence to stop meat and sharab being consumed on the gurdwara's property. If there are a number of uses for the hall then there is no need for the parties etc to take place there, even if the gurdwara has to pay extra to cover the costs its worth it.

Primary aim for gurdwara is not to make money, breaking even is fine, making some savings is better but gurdwaras profits/rewards are based on how many people it has helped to make amritari, changed people lives for the better and education rather than whats in the bank.

This is not rocket science, such a simple step to make.