Prakash Of Three Granths

• 3 weeks later...

What is the issue with certain groups in Sikhi who are against the Sri Dasam Granth? Are they disputing its authenticity or is it something else? It wasn't until a year ago that I realised there was an issue. I suppose some people have interpreted Sri Dasam Granth wrongly and are worried about certain aspects, thus they are under the impression that if Sri Dasam Granth is revered it will somehow negatively affect Sikhi somehow? I don't know - apologies if I've misunderstood.

Dasam Granth is sacred scripture of sikhs backed by three hundred years of history.

Out of five banis with which a sikh is baptized three banis are from Dasam Granth sahib.

Our ardas pauri is from Dasam Granth sahib.

A few persons with ulterior motives are propagating against this scripture more so after

militant activity of 1984. One can understand their intentions. We should all be careful about

such persons.

Dasam Granth is sacred scripture of sikhs backed by three hundred years of history.

Out of five banis with which a sikh is baptized three banis are from Dasam Granth sahib.

Our ardas pauri is from Dasam Granth sahib.

A few persons with ulterior motives are propagating against this scripture more so after

militant activity of 1984. One can understand their intentions. We should all be careful about

such persons.

At last! Some clarity.

Okay, so I understand that Darshan Singh is leading this revolt against Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. Ever since I was a little kid, I use to remember he was a pretty big deal in terms of dharmac prachaar. My dad had vinyl records of his kirtan - I was very surprised to learn that he is leading the 'charge' against Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. Wasn't he a really respected jathedar in Sikhi?

HOWEVER, he also seems to be against the external (Hindu-influenced) forces that are looking to cause harm to Sikhi. So is he objecting to the Granth as a whole or just the (so-called) contentious sections of it that are being interpreted in different ways by different people? If so, why are some people saying he is "in" with the Hindu politicians when he's preaching that we should be careful about the same Hindu groups who wish to hurt our religion?

Sadly I don't have access to any of the Sikhi channels on satellite TV, and the only news of this kind I hear is from Punjab Radio on DAB. Whilst I don't agree with their stance on some issues (mainly that ALL sants should not be revered - even if they're good), they are very pro-Sant Jarnail Singh Ji BUT are also apparently supportive of Darshan Singh. Is such a stance possible?

Apologies if some of my questions are basic, but as you can tell I haven't really got an understanding of Sikhi from a modern, politicial perspective.

Darshan ragi has not read dasam granth. Neither he knows anything about contents of Dasam Granth.

He is a professional ragi whose job is to sing hymns from a handwritten paper in front of him. It is foolish

of him to consider himself an interpreter of sikh scriptures.

If there is any Granth that strikes at the roots of Hindu thought such as idol worship, deity glorification

and caste superiority , it is Dasam Granth sahib. So it is pretty ignorance even to consider that Dasam Granth

advocates Hindu thought.

Here is Darshan Ragi acting in Nimmo film for money and concocting his own fables

Religious philosophy such as sikhi does not change with time. Our teachings are given by Guru sahib and these are time tested.

Prof Jodh singh ji is Professor of sikhism.He has written Encyclopedia of sikhism and also translated Dasam Granth sahib.

Here he is clarifying the remarks of 10 grade fake professor Darshan ragi on misinterpreting Dasam Granth sahib by concocting his own stories.

You see, its shenanigans like these that dissuade some people from delving deeper into Sikhi - who can you believe if not the people who are supposedly meant to encourage the growth and respect of our faith? Personally, I think that's a lazy attitude to take because if one REALLY wants to get to the root of an issue, one will try very hard to realise the truth and understand. Anyway, I (hopefully) will continue to learn. Thank-you GPS bro, for the information.