VJKK VJKF

When I come back from school, I really get bored,

I go on the computer, go on Facebook - yeh, nothing to do,

then go on Sikh Sangat, then Hotmail, yeh, nothing else to do,

has anyone got any ideas what to do? thinkingmunda.jpg

I really get bored. lol shymunda.jpg

VJKK VJKF

RSingh96 Jee,

Its actually good that you are able to realise how you are feeling after school as you go to FB, SS and HM on your computer after school. Too many people are not honest about boredom and everyday becomes GroundHog Day.

Life has many related components to it, so make a timetable to work on all of these after school for your personal progress.

1) Physical power and the ability to defend yourself is very important, hence after school have a programme involving going to the gym, swimming, and learning martial arts. You can do phase this out over the week and they will bring plenty of sweat. Play hockey or football too if you can for group sports to be able to interact with others. Aerobics, aquarobics and even dancing classes help you achieve flexibility and CV in your body.

2)Music adds to the quality of life and if you are a Sikh the ability to do kirtan is very important. Hence arrange for tabla lessons at least twice/week and also harmonium and singing lessons for kirtan at least twice/week.

3)If you can read SGGS and understand it line by line, fair enough, but if not, please start going to a gyani to help you read SGGS and even try to start memorising banees in your spare time and also set aside an hour or even 30 minutes each day to read SGGS line by line for meanings.

4)Also, set aside at least 30 minutes if you can everyday after school, to sit quietly and practise doing saas geraas simran with every breath.

5)Most schools etc have a programme where you can read to the blind after school as a sewa. Try doing this or other sewa involving the under privileged at school or in your community. Look up on community activities in your area where you can do sewa of others. Likewise there may be sewa required of you in your local gurudwara which could become a personal project e.g keeping the toilets smelling clean etc, helping gyani in evening semaptee,preparing langar, etc.

6)Do more than just homework. For every module or subject you are studying, read around a lot more by spending more time at the library. You need to aim to achieve an A in every subject.

7)Think of new hobbies for which you could attend classes. Photography, film making, cooking, learning to do more things with your computer(like programming, making websites, editing vid clips,music tech, etc) so you can do more sewa through your computer. New hobbies, a more varied set of interests create a diversity of activities and help to make you more informed and energised.

8) Have gursikh friends you can go out with and explore more. If you are in the UK, there is beautiful countryside all around etc, and there is lots to explore in little towns around the main cities. Even our Gurujees used to travel to preach Sikhi.

9)Likewise invite some non Sikh friends around occasionally too after school to introduce them to punjabi food, to Sikhi and to your family. This will give you confidence in sharing Sikhi and talking about Sikhi to your school mates.

10)After school you can also arrange to do things with others who are at home so you feel more closer and bonded. Remember Sikhi helps you become a magical, energised, communicative, exciting, enthusiastic, excitable, confident and positive person who is intelligent, informed and active.

You are a young person who can do millions of things. As you get old, you find it gets more difficult because old-age diseases start to visit, body starts getting colder, bones ache etc. Hence use your youth to your advantage through guidance from Gurujee to do loads things apart from checking a few websites after school. Be a role model for others and do great things for Sikhi.