Home?

Singhni19

Check your passport and/or driving license for your home address. :D

Oh.....you mean 'THAT' home? Well I believe that our true home is with God. All our births and rebirths are an attempt to get closer to him, so that eventually we merge into the Infinite (because that is where we originally came from). But to do so we must be truly exceptional beings (dare I say 'perfect beings' if that is possible) and for that, Naam is required. And I don't mean Naam on a superficial level (i.e. Naam is recited daily but your soul and mind are still ignorant) . Every fibre of our body must shimmer with the glory of Naam (and Gurbani) - our soul must crave Naam constantly.

I think this world we call Earth has deliberately been designed to test us. Its not a nice world - its full of troubles, heartbreak and distractions. However I believe that if you leave this world with your head held high, knowing that you've allowed yourself to connect to Waheguru and His Name, despite the tribulations and obstacles that you most likely have encountered during life on here, then I think we will be able to take another step closer to Him.

If you've still a lot to learn (to put it simply), then I think a return to this Earth is inevitable. If, however, you've realised the Truth when alive (or even a small part of the Truth) - even whilst living on this cruel Earth - then I believe something special has been achieved. Whether that's enough is for others "up there" to decide. But usually one realises by looking inside themselves and being honest.

Haha! ive lost my passport n dont have a driving license- guess that explains alot !

i think u have put it beautifully...

u ses our true home is with god, why? becus thas where we orginally came from n in order to get back we must jaap naam... and earn our true kaamai..

u ses also that if we, during our lifetym here on earth jaap naam then that will bring us closer to him> 'then I think we will be able to take another step closer to Him.'

my question lies in 'being closer' how do u mean closer...? in what way ? do we merge with him? >> If you've still a lot to learn (to put it simply), then I think a return to this Earth is inevitable. If, however, you've realised the Truth when alive (or even a small part of the Truth) - even whilst living on this cruel Earth - then I believe something special has been achieved. Whether that's enough is for others "up there" to decide

my question is how close do we get to him and in what sense?

i have the red the jeevans of many chardi kala gursikhs... wen they talk about the merging with waheguru and how long it has taken them further the effort and concentration it takes that makes me question as to whether merging with waheguru is possible in todays world? cus of the amount of tym it has taken them to do so is fustrates me!:sad: i am the lowest of the low one full of sins!...and in todays world i feel it is soo very hard to be aware of the 'AIM' of life at all times... guru ji says that the most sublime thing is to realise urself and realise the existance of god..! :D

guru ji knows everything...for example if you honestly dont no how to paath proberly but do it anyway - out of sharda and pure love guru accepts it...

however if u no how to do it in the right way but yet still do it wrong - this is wrong! wat are the consequences of this??

in the same way if someone is not aware of god without meaning to be ! what does this result!?? do they get punished ? n to what extent? i tend to find myself question this cheej alot! :huh:

often people ask y are they 'here' ... generally the reply that i hear to this is > ' becus of our past karams' teekya i accept this ...

i want to know wen we come back to the earth due to our karam - to what extent do our karams play a part in what obstacles and things we go throu in lyf??

ps this is my first post on here ! so exciting hehe :)

I'll try and answer your questions as best I can. Personally, they may not be 100% 'on-song' (as I'm also still learning as you are), but there are a few concepts I'm fairly confident on. For a more detailed Sikhi-centric view on matters I'm sure some of my learned brothers can help me out. That's not to say what I'm saying isn't Sikhi-based, but I'm not confident enough to state that what I'm saying is perfectly in sync with what our venerable Gurus have taught us. I don't know all the answers - if I did I wouldn't be stuck on this rubbish world...:lol:

my question lies in 'being closer' how do u mean closer...? in what way ? do we merge with him?

I believe that we all originated from one place - God. Our ultimate goal is to make our way back to Him having learnt all there is to learn through various re-births on this world and others. The fact that we are having this conversation is proof that we are making a step towards that goal. Now we may be hundreds of lives away from learning the Truth (the ultimate Truth which signifies that we are worthy of returning to Him), but we are making a step in the right direction by acknowledging the journey we must embark on to reach Him.

Have you heard of the account of 'Dusht Daman' (an incarnation of Guru Gobind Singh Ji)? In this account Guru Gobind Singh Ji tells us that he (in the form of Dusht Daman) practised intense meditation and austerity until his spirit merged with the Divine. But even though Dusht Daman wanted nothing but to remain absorbed in harmony with the Almighty, Guru Ji was told to take birth in the Kali age to show the world the path of truth, to end superstiition, and to teach it to worship only one God. Imagine how many lifetimes we would have to incarnate and better ourselves before we have the privilege of joining God!

my question is how close do we get to him and in what sense?

I can only guess that when our soul (atmaa) reaches a state of purity and perfection that is worthy of joining with God, are we then allowed to join him. Again, I believe Naam has a monumental role to play in this. But like I said before there's no point in doing your JapJi Sahib in the morning, Rehraas Sahib in the evening and Kirtan Sohila at night, then feeling smug with yourself that you're a good Sikh, when in reality you're full of envy, anger, jealousy, greed and impurity during the others times of the day. Naam must have an affect on your soul - its needs to permeate to that region that is not easily accessible. I believe Naam must also be understood. There's no point in parroting lines of Naam day after day if you don't understand what it says. That's why I firmly believe we must apply its meaning to how we live our everyday life.

If you do fulfil all these 'criteria' (an uninspiring word but I can't think of an alternative at the moment) then I suppose Waheguru will show you the way to His grace.

i have the red the jeevans of many chardi kala gursikhs... wen they talk about the merging with waheguru and how long it has taken them further the effort and concentration it takes that makes me question as to whether merging with waheguru is possible in todays world? cus of the amount of tym it has taken them to do so is fustrates me!

This is a tricky one. Remember in my earlier post when I said that this Earth we live on has been designed to test us, to trip us up, to put obstacles in the way of us learning the Truth? I firmly believe this. However those enlightened souls (such as the amazing Gursikhs you mention have been put on this Earth to guide us) I don't believe they are the same as you or I. I believe they are elevated souls who have had to incarnate on this world to show us the way towards Him. You could say they are His bhagats. Just think if they (such as those chardi kala Gursikhs or Mahapursh) have had to come to this world to help us, imagine how special and advanced our 10 Gurus must have been? They were - to put it bluntly - Super Souls in my opinion. The best of the best - untouchable! The one's who have the power to guide millions of people.

Is it possible in today's world to realise God? It's difficult (that's an understatement) but not impossible. But like I said, for normal people like us this world isn't the end. I personally believe its another rung on the ladder to that ultimate goal. You must've read in JapJi Sahib how Guru Nanak Ji mentions the countless other worlds in existence? Well I think once we have learnt everything we need to learn on this world (even if that takes hundreds or thousands of rebirths on Earth), then I think our soul incarnates on other, more advanced worlds where we learn greater, more profound things that we simply cannot learn or comprehend in this world. I could be wrong so forgive me - everyone - if I am.

But if you are willing to ask the questions you have, then by trying to look for answers to these questions, then I think that displays a willingness to escape from the shackles of this existence, and improve yourself so that you don't fall into the same habits and you don't repeat the same mistakes over and over, birth after birth.

guru ji knows everything...for example if you honestly dont no how to paath proberly but do it anyway - out of sharda and pure love guru accepts it...

however if u no how to do it in the right way but yet still do it wrong - this is wrong! wat are the consequences of this??

If you're aware that what you're doing isn't quite up to scratch, and you do nothing about it, then surely you must understand God knows this? If you deliberately live in ignorance when you know that you shouldn't, then God realises this too. Its up to the individual to learn and improve themselves. We (as in all of us) can't continue to kid ourselves (and kid God which isn't possible of course) that we know nothing when you could be doing something to learn. If a person continues to mislead him or herself knowing full well that he or she shouldn't, there will be consequences - what they are I don't know.

often people ask y are they 'here' ... generally the reply that i hear to this is > ' becus of our past karams' teekya i accept this ...

i want to know wen we come back to the earth due to our karam - to what extent do our karams play a part in what obstacles and things we go throu in lyf??

I read somewhere ages ago (sorry I'm not to good with references, etc., - something I must improve on) that Guru Nanak Ji said that Kalyug is the age whereby you "reap what you sow". In other yugs your sins and mistakes would be visited upon your children or your descendents, etc. From what I've seen in my own personal life (and of those around me), we are punished for our misdeeds on this world so that we see with our own eyes what we have done. The fact that we have to give an account of ourselves in-front of Dharamraj is another issue that we must also tackle when the time comes.

Like I said before, the problems we face in this life are one's we must encounter in order to better ourselves as souls. When adversity hits us, how do we react? Do we go down the wrong path or do we accept the tragedy as God's will and battle through to the other side where we emerge better people for having experienced, & most importantly, understood why something happened the way it did, and how it has affected us on a personal level. If we take that experience and knowledge forward to help us live better lives, and be better individuals then I guess you can't really ask for more than that.

My personal ethic is always keep an eye on the 'higher' issues. Yes we must partake in this materialistic world because we need to eat, survive and brush up against all sorts in order live on this world. But always be mindful of the ultimate journey - that journey which leads to the future which can't be seen or touched but will definitely be there for all of us. I guess what I'm trying to say is that always remember the real purpose of life(s) - we must return to Waheguru.

Sorry to all my brothers and sisters if I've deviated from proper conventions. As you can probably tell I've thought of these issues a lot for so many years. All these issues are kind of fresh for me too. I have so, so much to learn myself. I hope I've not offended anyone. Thanks and Waheguru.

fateh jeo ji!

this is your question in guru maharaaj >ਿਕਥਹੁ ਉਪਜੈ ਕਹ ਰਹੈ ਕਹ ਮਾਿਹ ਸਮਾਵੈ< basant ki vaar ava look

it sez that >ਕਹਿਨ ਿਧਆਇਿਨ ਸੁਣਿਨ ਿਨਤ ਸੇ ਭਗਤ ਸੁਹਾਵੈ< and this is how we get there..

other gurbani places......

ਤਰ੍ੈ ਸਤ ਅੰਗੁਲ ਵਾਈ ਕਹੀਐ - (meaning: ppl say that god is 10 finger widths away from us) i.e. from where we talk from, our throat, measure 10 finger widths down, thas where ur hirda is. thas thir ghar (as well as heaven).. ਪਰ੍ਭ ਨੇਰਹੂ ਤੇ ਨੇਰੇ.

ਿਥਰੁ ਘਿਰ ਬੈਸਹੁ - this is where we must go

these 2 tuks together, should explain why this is our true home.

ਿਜਤਤੇ ਿਬਸ ਸੰਸਾਰਹ ਨਾਨਕ ਵਸਯ੍ਯ੍ੰ ਕਰੋਿਤ ਪੰਚ ਤਸਕਰਹ - this is what we should do (concer the 5 theives in this word, so we can start into the next)

ਪਰ੍ਾਣੀ ਤੂੰ ਆਇਆ ਲਾਹਾ ਲੈਿਣ - this is wot we should do wen we here (take the laha)

ਜੀਵਿਤਆ ਇਉ ਮਰੀਐ - this is y we ere also. and this is how we meet god wyl we still alive.

guru ji sez if u dont meet god now in this life, what chance do u have wen u die?... cuz u cant do no naam jupping wen ur ded.. its only in this human form. ਇਸ ਦੇਹੀ ਕਉ ਿਸਮਰਿਹ ਦੇਵ.

and ਸੁਿਰ ਨਰ ਮੁਿਨ ਜਨ ਅੰਿਮਰ੍ਤੁ ਖੋਜਦੇ ਸੁ ਅੰਿਮਰ੍ਤੁ ਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਪਾਇਆ.

we got it easy dude! yet we still dont do wot we need to....

such moorakhs arent we..!....:umm: :|

Like others have said, with god. Worldy happiness is false and the happiest we will ever be is when we are at one (in our true home) with or creator. Some may think they're happy now, but how can someone be truly happy living in ignorance? We're living with families that are not even our real families? Your mother may have been a murderer in her last life or your father may have been a muslim. How can we be truly happy in a world in which everyone we know must die. A world that is completely dark because people have forgotten the light. A place that is filled with demons that influence peoples actions and thoughts that most people cannot see or do not protect themselves against. How can we call this place or our physical bodies which are susceptible to disease and death home?

I walk around unsettled everywhere I go. The only time I feel true peace is when I remember my creator. When I say his name and connect with him and his love. I then realise he pervades everywhere, that I should have nothing to fear here because he is here. It is not the creation we should call home, it's the creator. He is with us everywhere and we forget him. All we need to do is call his name, talk to him, love him and fulfill our destiny and merge with him.

I could call anywhere home if I remeber it is God, that it's all God. But the world is trecherous and I forget him so often. My true home is where I find him and merge with him, then I know I will have truly come for good.

Wonderful posts by everyone, especially "Kaljugi" veer. But as Kaljugi veer mentioned, this is a journey.

But my concern is - and that's my question for this post - is whether it is always a forward journey. Are we always moving towards Waheguru (albeit very slowly - it may take lakhs or even more janams), or is it also probable that we move ahead in one life and then fall back the next? If so, then what is the way out? Becoz then it will always be a losing battle for maha moorakhs like me :-(

Wonderful posts by everyone, especially "Kaljugi" veer. But as Kaljugi veer mentioned, this is a journey.

But my concern is - and that's my question for this post - is whether it is always a forward journey. Are we always moving towards Waheguru (albeit very slowly - it may take lakhs or even more janams), or is it also probable that we move ahead in one life and then fall back the next? If so, then what is the way out? Becoz then it will always be a losing battle for maha moorakhs like me :-(

Due to janams and karam that we've attained, we get better or worse lives. For example today's presidents and celebrities are there due to the good actions in the past lives,be it mass donations or bathing at sites of pilgrimage. These people after this life, if they have not attained any more good karam, will be worse off in their next life. But in order to do kamaee, in order to start building up an account of naam you need 'kirpa' this is hard to get, mahraj says Gurprasaad, Jap; only after attaining the Guru's blessings can you start to recite maharaj's naam. But once you do this, there's pretty much no going back; you may go forward and back in this life a little, say someone takes amrit and then dies a bujjar kurehiti. Even so mahraj says if someon takes Amrit then Guru sahib will keep them out of the pits of hell for 10000 years. They'll still come back as a gursikh. Mahrapurakh have said something along the line of as many branches there are on a tree you need that many 'good karam' to be born as a human, the no. of fruit on each branch on this tree is the additinal amount needed to be born as sikh; on top of this the number of seeds in each fruit is the number of extra good karam you need in order to take Amrit in this lifetime. Sant Baba Waryam Singh said that if you are born into a Gursikh family (or if you get into sikhi at avery yound age) and if you do a large amount of kamaee from the beginning, it should not be hard to attain "naam" (where no conscious effort is needed to repeat the name of Lord - it subliminally happens) by the time you reach your 50s. If you are amritdhari now you are more than definitely carrying on kamaee from previous janams. and have been amritdhari before.

Due to janams and karam that we've attained, we get better or worse lives. For example today's presidents and celebrities are there due to the good actions in the past lives,be it mass donations or bathing at sites of pilgrimage. These people after this life, if they have not attained any more good karam, will be worse off in their next life. But in order to do kamaee, in order to start building up an account of naam you need 'kirpa' this is hard to get, mahraj says Gurprasaad, Jap; only after attaining the Guru's blessings can you start to recite maharaj's naam. But once you do this, there's pretty much no going back; you may go forward and back in this life a little, say someone takes amrit and then dies a bujjar kurehiti. Even so mahraj says if someon takes Amrit then Guru sahib will keep them out of the pits of hell for 10000 years. They'll still come back as a gursikh. Mahrapurakh have said something along the line of as many branches there are on a tree you need that many 'good karam' to be born as a human, the no. of fruit on each branch on this tree is the additinal amount needed to be born as sikh; on top of this the number of seeds in each fruit is the number of extra good karam you need in order to take Amrit in this lifetime. Sant Baba Waryam Singh said that if you are born into a Gursikh family (or if you get into sikhi at avery yound age) and if you do a large amount of kamaee from the beginning, it should not be hard to attain "naam" (where no conscious effort is needed to repeat the name of Lord - it subliminally happens) by the time you reach your 50s. If you are amritdhari now you are more than definitely carrying on kamaee from previous janams. and have been amritdhari before.

But Bhai sahib, what if one does a bit of kamaee, but is unable to achieve his ultimate aim in this life. Then Maharaj does kirpa on him and he's again blessed with Sikhi.

However due to the increseing influence of maya, is there a possibility of that person becoming manmukh?

If so, then he would loose all his kamai of previous lives, and will be back to square one, isn't it?

What's your opinion, please?

But Bhai sahib, what if one does a bit of kamaee, but is unable to achieve his ultimate aim in this life. Then Maharaj does kirpa on him and he's again blessed with Sikhi.

However due to the increseing influence of maya, is there a possibility of that person becoming manmukh?

If so, then he would loose all his kamai of previous lives, and will be back to square one, isn't it?

What's your opinion, please?

In my opinion, every birth is progress. That fact that you (as in all of us) learn more in one particular life compared to a life where you learn a little bit less, should not be something to be ashamed of. I don't think you lose kamai - I personally think its a running total which can only increase. Sure you could make some incorrect choices but if your kamai is at a high level, you will always deviate towards the correct path eventually. Some people call it a 'conscience' other call it by different names. But that intrinsic feeling you have inside of you which tells you what's right and what's wrong. Now, when life becomes difficult and temptation and evil surrounds you YET you still listen to your conscience and do the right thing - well that's one major hurdle tackled and another tick in the box under kamai..:D

Only those who are spiritually lower (i.e. demons incarnated as humans to test us (or them) or people who repeatedly refuse to learn the lessons of their births) will fall into the same traps over and over again. This is where Naam comes into it, as I believe that if you recite Naam and live your life according to its teachings, then you WILL be guided onto the correct path if you fall. I'm not saying you'll never have any troubles or life will be easy because that's never the case.

It's very rare for a person who has lived a decent life according to God's will over many rebirths, to suddenly turn bad and basically become evil. However like I said the temptation is always there but that accumulated "goodness" from previous well-lived lives does count for something, and more often than not you are drawn onto the correct path if you do waver. Again, if Naam is a part of your life, finding the correct path oncemore is a little bit easier. If Naam isn't something you partake in, then I believe its a lot harder dare I say nearly impossible.