Todays hukamnama

naam_jap

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL:

The Perfect Guru has dispelled the fever. The unstruck melody of the sound current resounds. God has bestowed all comforts. In His Mercy, He Himself has given them. || 1 || The True Guru Himself has eradicated the disease. All the Sikhs and Saints are filled with joy, meditating on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || Pause || They obtain that which they ask for. God gives to His Saints. God saved Hargobind. Servant Nanak speaks the Truth. || 2 || 6 || 70 ||

Friday, 29 Katak (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 626)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JAITSREE, FOURTH MEHL:

He Himself is the Yogi, and the way throughout the ages. The Fearless Lord Himself is absorbed in Samaadhi. He Himself, all by Himself, is all-pervading; He Himself blesses us with sincere love for the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 1 || He Himself is the lamp, and the Light pervading all the worlds. He Himself is the True Guru; He Himself churns the ocean. He Himself churns it, churning up the essence; meditating on the jewel of the Naam, sincere love comes to the surface. || 2 || O my companions, let us meet and join together, and sing His Glorious Praises. As Gurmukh, chant the Naam, and earn the profit of the Lord’s Name. Devotional worship of the Lord, Har, Har, has been implanted within me; it is pleasing to my mind. The Name of the Lord, Har, Har, brings a sincere love.|| 3 || He Himself is supremely wise, the greatest King. As Gurmukh, purchase the merchandise of the Naam. O Lord God, Har, Har, bless me with such a gift, that Your Glorious Virtues seem pleasing to me; Nanak is filled with sincere love and yearning for the Lord. || 4 || 4 || 10 ||

Thursday, 5 Maghar (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 699)

JAITSREE, FOURTH MEHL:

He Himself is the Yogi, and the way throughout the ages. The Fearless Lord Himself is absorbed in Samaadhi. He Himself, all by Himself, is all-pervading; He Himself blesses us with sincere love for the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 1 || He Himself is the lamp, and the Light pervading all the worlds. He Himself is the True Guru; He Himself churns the ocean. He Himself churns it, churning up the essence; meditating on the jewel of the Naam, sincere love comes to the surface. || 2 || O my companions, let us meet and join together, and sing His Glorious Praises. As Gurmukh, chant the Naam, and earn the profit of the Lord’s Name. Devotional worship of the Lord, Har, Har, has been implanted within me; it is pleasing to my mind. The Name of the Lord, Har, Har, brings a sincere love.|| 3 || He Himself is supremely wise, the greatest King. As Gurmukh, purchase the merchandise of the Naam. O Lord God, Har, Har, bless me with such a gift, that Your Glorious Virtues seem pleasing to me; Nanak is filled with sincere love and yearning for the Lord. || 4 || 4 || 10 ||

Thursday, 5 Maghar (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 699)

RAAG SORAT’H, THE WORD OF DEVOTEE BHEEKHAN JEE,

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Tears well up in my eyes, my body has become weak, and my hair has become milky-white. My throat is tight, and I cannot utter even one word; what can I do now? I am a mere mortal. || 1 || O Lord, my King, Gardener of the world-garden, be my Physician, and save me, Your Saint. || 1 || Pause || My head aches, my body is burning, and my heart is filled with anguish. Such is the disease that has struck me; there is no medicine to cure it. || 2 || The Name of the Lord, the ambrosial, immaculate water, is the best medicine in the world. By Guru’s Grace, says servant Bheekhan, I have found the Door of Salvation. || 3 || 1 ||

Friday, 6 Maghar (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 659)

• 2 weeks later...

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

The True Guru was satisfied with me, and blessed me with the Support of the Lord’s Lotus Feet. I am a sacrifice to the Lord. The Lord’s Ambrosial Nectar is an overflowing treasure; everything is in His Home. I am a sacrifice to the Lord. My Father is absolutely all-powerful. God is the Doer, the Cause of causes. Remembering Him in meditation, pain does not touch me; thus I cross over the terrifying world-ocean. In the beginning, and throughout the ages, He is the Protector of His devotees. Praising Him continually, I live. O Nanak, the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the sweetest and most sublime essence. Night and day, I drink it in with my mind and body. || 1 || The Lord unites me with Himself; how could I feel any separation? I am a sacrifice to the Lord. One who has Your Support lives forever and ever. I am a sacrifice to the Lord. I take my support from You alone, O True Creator Lord. No one lacks this Support; such is my God. Meeting with the humble Saints, I sing the songs of joy; day and night, I place my hopes in You. I have obtained the Blessed Vision, the Darshan of the Perfect Guru. Nanak is forever a sacrifice. || 2 || Contemplating, dwelling upon the Lord’s true home, I receive honor, greatness and truth. I am a sacrifice to the Lord. Meeting the Merciful True Guru, I sing the Praises of the Imperishable Lord. I am a sacrifice to the Lord. Sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe, continually, continuously; He is the Beloved Master of the breath of life. Good times have come; the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts, has met me, and hugged me close in His Embrace. The musical instruments of truth and

contentment vibrate, and the unstruck melody of the sound current resounds. Hearing this, all my fears have been dispelled; O Nanak, God is the Primal Being, the Creator Lord. || 3 || The essence of spiritual wisdom has welled up; in this world, and the next, the One Lord is pervading. I am a sacrifice to the Lord. When God meets the God within the self, no one can separate them. I am a sacrifice to the Lord. I gaze upon the Wondrous Lord, and listen to the Wondrous Lord; the Wondrous Lord has come into my vision. The Perfect Lord and Master is pervading the water, the land and the sky, in each and every heart. I have merged again into the One from whom I originated. The value of this cannot be described. Nanak meditates on Him. || 4 || 2 ||

Monday, 16 Maghar (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 777)

JAITSREE, FOURTH MEHL:

Tuesday, 17 Maghar (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 699)

GUJRI, FIFTH MEHL:

His bad reputation is erased, he is acclaimed all over the world, and he obtains a seat in the Court of the Lord. The fear of death is removed in an instant, and he goes to the Lord’s House in peace and bliss. || 1 || His works do not go in vain. Twenty-four hours a day, remember your God in meditation; meditate on Him continually in your mind and body. || 1 || Pause || I seek Your Sanctuary, O Destroyer of the pains of the poor; whatever You give me, God, that is what I receive. Nanak is imbued with the love of Your lotus feet; O Lord, please preserve the honor of Your slave. || 2 || 13 || 22 ||

Friday, 20 Maghar (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 500)

SHALOK, FIRST MEHL:

The simmal tree is straight as an arrow; it is very tall, and very thick. But those birds which visit it hopefully, depart disappointed. Its fruits are tasteless, its flowers are nauseating, and its leaves are useless. Sweetness and humility, O Nanak, are the essence of virtue and goodness. Everyone bows down to himself; no one bows down to another. When something is placed on the balancing scale and weighed, the side which descends is heavier. The sinner, like the deer hunter, bows down twice as much. But what can be achieved by bowing the head, when the heart is impure? || 1 || FIRST MEHL: You read your books and say your prayers, and then engage in debate; you worship stones and sit like a stork, pretending to be in Samaadhi. With your mouth you utter falsehood, and you adorn yourself with precious decorations; you recite the three lines of the Gayatri three times a day. Around your neck is a rosary, and on your forehead is a sacred mark; upon your head is a turban, and you wear two loin cloths. If you knew the nature of God, you would know that all of these beliefs and rituals are in vain. Says Nanak, meditate with deep faith; without the True Guru, no one finds the Way. || 2 || PAUREE: Abandoning the world of beauty, and beautiful clothes, one must depart. He obtains the rewards of his good and bad deeds. He may issue whatever commands he wishes, but he shall have to take to the narrow path hereafter. He goes to hell naked, and he looks hideous then. He regrets the sins he committed. || 14 ||

Monday, 23 Maghar (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 470)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL, CHHANT:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

The True Guru is merciful to the meek; in His Presence, the Lord’s Praises are sung. The Ambrosial Name of the Lord is chanted in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. Vibrating, and worshipping the One Lord in the Company of the Holy, the pains of birth and death are removed. Those who have such karma pre-ordained, study and learn the Truth; the noose of Death is removed from their necks. Their fears and doubts are dispelled, the knot of death is untied, and they never have to walk on Death’s path. Prays Nanak, shower me with Your Mercy, Lord; let me sing Your Glorious Praises forever. || 1 || The Name of the One, Immaculate Lord is the Support of the unsupported. You are the Giver, the Great Giver, the Dispeller of all sorrow. O Destroyer of pain, Creator Lord, Master of peace and bliss, I have come seeking the Sanctuary of the Holy; please, help me to cross over the terrifying and difficult world-ocean in an instant. I saw the Lord pervading and permeating everywhere, when the healing ointment of the Guru’s wisdom was applied to my eyes. Prays Nanak, remember Him forever in meditation, the Destroyer of all sorrow and fear. || 2 || He Himself has attached me to the hem of His robe; He has showered me with His Mercy. I am worthless, lowly and helpless; God is unfathomable and infinite. My Lord and Master is always merciful, kind and compassionate; He uplifts and establishes the lowly. All beings and creatures are under Your power; You take care of all. He Himself is the Creator, and He Himself is the Enjoyer; He Himself is the Contemplator of all.

Prays Nanak, singing Your Glorious Praises, I live, chanting the Chant of the Lord, the Lord of the world-forest. || 3 || The Blessed Vision of Your Darshan is incomparable; Your Name is utterly priceless. You dwell on the tongues of the Saints, by Your own pleasure; they are intoxicated with Your sublime essence, O Lord. Those who are attached to Your feet are very blessed; night and day, they remain always awake and aware. Forever and ever, meditate in remembrance on the Lord and Master; with each and every breath, speak His Glorious Praises. Prays Nanak, let me become the dust of the feet of the Saints. God’s Name is invaluable. ||4||1 ||

Friday, 27 Maghar (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 691)

BILAAVAL, FOURTH MEHL, SHALOK:

Seek out the Lord God, your only true Friend. He shall dwell in your mind, by great good fortune. The True Guru shall reveal Him to you; O Nanak, lovingly focus yourself on the Lord. || 1 || CHHANT: The soul-bride has come to ravish and enjoy her Lord God, after eradicating the poison of egotism. Following the Guru’s Teachings, she has eliminated her self-conceit; she is lovingly attuned to her Lord, Har, Har. Her heart-lotus deep within has blossomed forth, and through the Guru, spiritual wisdom has been awakened within her. Servant Nanak has found the Lord God, by perfect, great good fortune. || 1 || The Lord, the Lord God, is pleasing to her mind; the Lord’s Name resounds within her. Through the Perfect Guru, God is obtained; she is lovingly focused on the Lord, Har, Har. The darkness of ignorance is dispelled, and the Divine Light radiantly shines forth. The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is Nanak’s only Support; he merges into the Lord’s Name. || 2 || The soul-bride is ravished and enjoyed by her Beloved Lord God, when the Lord God is pleased with her. My eyes are drawn to His Love, like the cat to the mouse. The Perfect Guru has united me with the Lord; I am satisfied by the subtle essence of the Lord. Servant Nanak blossoms forth in the Naam, the Name of the Lord; he is lovingly attuned to the Lord, Har, Har. || 3 || I am a fool and an <banned word filter activated>, but the Lord showered me with His Mercy, and united me with Himself. Blessed, blessed is the most wonderful Guru, who has conquered egotism. Very fortunate, of blessed destiny are those, who enshrine the Lord, Har, Har, in their hea

rts. O servant Nanak, praise the Naam, and be a sacrifice to the Naam. || 4 || 2 || 4 ||

Sunday, 29 Maghar (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 845)