Todays hukamnama

naam_jap

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

TILANG, FIRST MEHL:

As the Word of the Forgiving Lord comes to me, so do I express it, O Lalo. Bringing the marriage party of sin, Babar has invaded from Kaabul, demanding our land as his wedding gift, O Lalo. Modesty and righteousness both have vanished, and falsehood struts around like a leader, O Lalo. The Qazis and the Brahmins have lost their roles, and Satan now conducts the marriage rites, O Lalo. The Muslim women read the Koran, and in their misery, they call upon God, O Lalo. The Hindu women of high social status, and others of lowly status as well, are put into the same category, O Lalo. The wedding songs of murder are sung, O Nanak, and blood is sprinkled instead of saffron, O Lalo. || 1 || Nanak sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord and Master in the city of corpses, and voices this account. The One who created, and attached the mortals to pleasures, sits alone, and watches this. The Lord and Master is True, and True is His justice. H! e issues His Commands according to His judgement. The body-fabric will be torn apart into shreds, and then India will remember these words. Coming in seventy-eight (1521 A.D.), they will depart in ninety-seven (1540 A.D.), and then another disciple of man will rise up. Nanak speaks the Word of Truth; he proclaims the Truth at this, the right time. || 2 || 3 || 5 ||

Thursday, 3 Poh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (ang: 722)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DHANAASAREE FIFTH MEHL

The Lord saves His Saints.

One who wishes misfortune upon the Lord’s slaves shall be destroyed by the Lord eventually.

|| 1 ||

Pause || He Himself is the help and support of His humble servants;

He defeats the slanderers and chases them away.

Wandering around aimlessly they die out there;

they never return to their homes again.

|| 1 ||

Nanak seeks the Sanctuary of the Destroyer of pain;

he sings the Glorious Praises of the infinite Lord forever.

The faces of the slanderers are blackened in the courts of this world and the world beyond.

|| 2 || 15 ||

(This HukamNama occurs on Ang: 674 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.)

http://www.panthkhalsa.org/Hukam.ppa

TILANG, FOURTH MEHL:

The Guru, my friend, has told me the stories and the sermon of the Lord. I am a sacrifice to my Guru; to the Guru, I am a sacrifice. || 1 || Come, join with me, O Sikh of the Guru, come and join with me. You are my Guru’s Beloved. || Pause || The Glorious Praises of the Lord are pleasing to the Lord; I have obtained them from the Guru. I am a sacrifice, a sacrifice to those who surrender to, and obey the Guru’s Will. || 2 || I am dedicated and devoted to those who gaze upon the Beloved True Guru. I am forever a sacrifice to those who perform service for the Guru. || 3 || Your Name, O Lord, Har, Har, is the Destroyer of sorrow. Serving the Guru, it is obtained, and as Gurmukh, one is emancipated. || 4 || Those humble beings who meditate on the Lord’s Name, are celebrated and acclaimed. Nanak is a sacrifice to them, forever and ever a devoted sacrifice. || 5 || O Lord, that alone is Praise to You, which is pleasing to Your Will, O Lord God. Those Gurmukhs, who serve their Beloved Lord, obtain Him as their reward. || 6 || Those who cherish love for the Lord, their souls are always with God. Chanting and meditating on their Beloved, they live in, and gather in, the Lord’s Name. || 7 || I am a sacrifice to those Gurmukhs who serve their Beloved Lord. They themselves are saved, along with their families, and through them, all the world is saved. || 8 || My Beloved Guru serves the Lord. Blessed is the Guru, Blessed is the Guru. The Guru has shown me the Lord’s Path; the Guru has done the great

est good deed. || 9 || Those Sikhs of the Guru, who serve the Guru, are the most blessed beings. Servant Nanak is a sacrifice to them; He is forever and ever a sacrifice. || 10 || The Lord Himself is pleased with the Gurmukhs, the fellowship of the companions. In the Lord’s Court, they are given robes of honor, and the Lord Himself hugs them close in His embrace. || 11 || Please bless me with the Blessed Vision of the Darshan of those Gurmukhs, who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. I wash their feet, and drink in the dust of their feet, dissolved in the wash water. || 12 || Those who eat betel nuts and betel leaf and apply lipstick, but do not contemplate the Lord, Har, Har — the Messenger of Death will seize them and take them away. || 13 || The Messenger of Death does not even approach those who contemplate the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, and keep Him enshrined in their hearts. The Guru’s Sikhs are the Guru’s Beloveds. || 14 || The Name of the Lord is a treasure, known only to the few Gurmukhs. O Nanak, those who meet with the True Guru, enjoy peace and pleasure. || 15 || The True Guru is called the Giver; in His Mercy, He grants His Grace. I am forever a sacrifice to the Guru, who has blessed me with the Lord’s Name. || 16 || Blessed, very blessed is the Guru, who brings the Lord’s message. I gaze upon the Guru, the Guru, the True Guru embodied, and I blossom forth in bliss. || 17 || The Guru’s tongue recites Words of Ambrosial Nectar; He is adorned with the Lord’s Name. Those Sikhs who hear and obey the Guru — all their desires depart. || 18 || Some speak of the Lord’s Path; tell me, how can I walk on it? O Lord, Har, Har, Your Name is my supplies; I will take it with me and set out. || 19 || Those Gurmukhs who worship and adore the Lord, are wealthy and very wise. I am forever a sac

rifice to the True Guru; I am absorbed in the Words of the Guru’s Teachings. || 20 || You are the Master, my Lord and Master; You are my Ruler and King. If it is pleasing to Your Will, then I worship and serve You; You are the treasure of virtue. || 21 || The Lord Himself is absolute; He is The One and Only; but He Himself is also manifested in many forms. Whatever pleases Him, O Nanak, that alone is good. || 22 || 2 ||

Saturday, 5 Poh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 725)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

Service to the True Guru is fruitful and rewarding, if one performs it with his mind focused on it. The fruits of the mind’s desires are obtained, and egotism departs from within. His bonds are broken, and he is liberated; he remains absorbed in the True Lord. It is so difficult to obtain the Naam in this world; it comes to dwell in the mind of the Gurmukh. O Nanak, I am a sacrifice to one who serves his True Guru. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: The mind of the self-willed manmukh is so very stubborn; it is stuck in the love of duality. He does not find peace, even in dreams; he passes his life in misery and suffering. The Pandits have grown weary of going door to door, reading and reciting their scriptures; the Siddhas have gone into their trances of Samaadhi. This mind cannot be controlled; they are tired of performing religious rituals. The impersonators have grown weary of wearing false costumes, and bathing at the sixty-eight sacred shrines. They do not know the state of their own minds; they are deluded by doubt and egotism. By Guru’s Grace, the Fear of God is obtained; by great good fortune, the Lord comes to abide in the mind. When the Fear of God comes, the mind is restrained, and through the Word of the Shabad, the ego is burnt away. Those who are imbued with Truth are immaculate; their light merges in the Light. Meeting the True Guru, one obtains the Name; O Nanak, he is absorbed in peace. || 2 || PAUREE: The pleasures of kings and emperors are pleasing, but they last for only a few days. These pleasures of Maya are like the color of the safflower, which wears off in a moment. They do not go with him when he departs; instead

, he carries the load of sins upon his head. When death seizes him, and marches him away, then he looks absolutely hideous. That lost opportunity will not come into his hands again, and in the end, he regrets and repents. || 6 ||

Sunday, 6 Poh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 644)

WADAHANS, FIRST MEHL:

O Baba, whoever has come, will rise up and leave; this world is a false show. One’s true home is obtained by serving the True One; real Truth comes by being truthful. By falsehood and greed, no place of rest is found, and no place in the world hereafter is obtained. No one invites him to come in and sit down — he is like a crow in a deserted house. Caught in birth and death, separated from God for such a long time, the whole world is wasting away. Greed, worldly entanglements and Maya deceive the world. Death hovers over its head, and makes it cry. || 1 || Come, O Baba, and Siblings of Destiny — let’s join together; take me in your arms, and bless me with your prayers. O Baba, union with the True One cannot be broken; bless me with your prayers for union with my Beloved. Bless me with your prayers, that I may worship God with devotion; for those already united with Him, what more is there to unite? Some have wandered away from the Name of God — they have lost the Path. The Word of the Guru’s Shabad is the true game. Do not go on the path of Death; remain absorbed in the Shabad, the true form throughout the ages. Through good fortune, we meet such friends and relatives, who meet with the Guru, and escape the noose of Death. || 2 || O Baba, we come into the world naked, into pain and pleasure, according to the record of our account. The call of our pre-ordained destiny cannot be altered; it follows from our past actions. The True Lord sits and writes of ambrosial nectar and bitter poison; as the Lord attaches us, so are we attached. The charmer, Maya, has worked her charms, and the multi-colored thread is around everyone’s neck. T

hrough shallow intellect, the mind becomes shallow, and one eats the fly, along with the sweets. Contrary to custom, he comes into the Dark Age of Kali Yuga naked, and naked he is bound down and sent away again. || 3 || O Baba, weep and mourn if you must; the beloved soul is bound and driven off. The pre-ordained record of destiny cannot be erased; the summons has come from the Lord’s Court. The messenger comes, when it pleases God, and the mourners begin to mourn. Sons, brothers, nephews and very dear friends weep and wail. Let him weep, who weeps in the Fear of God, cherishing the virtues of God — no one dies with the dead. O Nanak, throughout the ages, they are known as wise, who weep, remembering the True One. || 4 || 5 ||

Wednesday, 9 Poh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 581)

SORAT'H, FIFTH MEHL:

The Guru's feet abide within my heart; God has blessed me with good fortune. The Perfect Transcendent Lord became merciful to me, and I found the treasure of the Naam within my mind. || 1 || My Guru is my Saving Grace, my only best friend. Over and over again, He blesses me with double, even four-fold, greatness. || 1 || Pause || God saves all beings and creatures, giving them the Blessed Vision of His Darshan. Wondrous is the glorious greatness of the Perfect Guru; Nanak is forever a sacrifice to Him. || 2 || 9 || 37 ||

Thursday, 10 Poh(Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (ang: 618)

DHANAASAREE 5th GURU 8th HOUSE DU-PADAS ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD.

BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU Remembering remembering remembering Him in meditation I find peace;

with each and every breath I dwell upon Him.

In this world and in the world beyond He is with me as my help and support;

wherever I go He protects me.|| 1 ||

The Guru’s Word abides with my soul.

It does not sink in water;

thieves cannot steal it and fire cannot burn it.|| 1 ||

Pause || It is like wealth to the poor a cane for the blind and mother’s milk for the infant.

In the ocean of the world I have found the boat of the Lord;

the Merciful Lord has bestowed His Mercy upon Nanak.|| 2 || 1 || 32 ||

(This HukamNama occurs on Ang: 679 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.)

http://www.panthkhalsa.org/Hukam.ppa

DHANAASAREE, 5th GURU, 8th HOUSE, DU-PADAS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Remembering, remembering, remembering Him in meditation, I find peace; with each and every breath, I dwell upon Him. In this world, and in the world beyond, He is with me, as my help and support; wherever I go, He protects me. || 1 || The Guru’s Word abides with my soul. It does not sink in water; thieves cannot steal it, and fire cannot burn it. || 1 || Pause || It is like wealth to the poor, a cane for the blind, and mother’s milk for the infant. In the ocean of the world, I have found the boat of the Lord; the Merciful Lord has bestowed His Mercy upon Nanak. || 2 || 1 || 32 ||

Friday, 11 Poh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 679)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

The Lord saves His Saints. One who wishes misfortune upon the Lord’s slaves, shall be destroyed by the Lord eventually. || 1 || Pause || He Himself is the help and support of His humble servants; He defeats the slanderers, and chases them away. Wandering around aimlessly, they die out there; they never return to their homes again. || 1 || Nanak seeks the Sanctuary of the Destroyer of pain; he sings the Glorious Praises of the infinite Lord forever. The faces of the slanderers are blackened in the courts of this world, and the world beyond. || 2 || 15 ||

Sunday, 13 Poh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 674)