Todays hukamnama

naam_jap

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

Wandering and roaming around, I met the Holy Perfect Guru, who has taught me. All other devices did not work, so I meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || 1 || For this reason, I sought the Protection and Support of my Lord, the Cherisher of the Universe. I sought the Sanctuary of the Perfect Transcendent Lord, and all my entanglements were dissolved. || Pause || Paradise, the earth, the nether regions of the underworld, and the globe of the world — all are engrossed in Maya. To save your soul, and liberate all your ancestors, meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || 2 || O Nanak, singing the Naam, the Name of the Immaculate Lord, all treasures are obtained. Only that rare person, whom the Lord and Master blesses with His Grace, comes to know this. || 3 || 3 || 21 ||

Sunday 10th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 25 July 2004 (Page: 676)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIFTH MEHL:

Naam Dayv’s mind was absorbed into God, Gobind, Gobind, Gobind. The calico-printer, worth half a shell, became worth millions. || 1 || Pause || Abandoning weaving and stretching thread, Kabeer enshrined love for the Lord’s lotus feet. A weaver from a lowly family, he became an ocean of excellence. || 1 || Ravi Daas, who used to carry dead cows every day, renounced the world of Maya. He became famous in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, and obtained the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan. || 2 || Sain, the barber, the village drudge, became famous in each and every house. The Supreme Lord God dwelled in his heart, and he was counted among the devotees. || 3 || Hearing this, Dhanna the Jaat applied himself to devotional worship. The Lord of the Universe met him personally; Dhanna was so very blessed. || 4 || 2 ||

Monday 11th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 487)

DHANAASAREE, FOURTH MEHL:

I am blind, totally blind, entangled in corruption and poison. How can I walk on the Guru’s Path? If the True Guru, the Giver of peace, shows His kindness, He attaches us to the hem of His robe. || 1 || O Sikhs of the Guru, O friends, walk on the Guru’s Path. Whatever the Guru says, accept that as good; the sermon of the Lord, Har, Har, is unique and wonderful. || 1 || Pause || O Saints of the Lord, O Siblings of Destiny, listen: serve the Guru, quickly now! Let your service to the True Guru be your supplies on the Lord’s Path; pack them up, and don’t think of today or tomorrow. || 2 || O Saints of the Lord, chant the chant of the Lord’s Name; the Lord’s Saints walk with the Lord. Those who meditate on the Lord, become the Lord; the playful, wondrous Lord meets them. || 3 || To chant the chant of the Lord’s Name, Har, Har, is the longing I long for; have Mercy upon me, O Lord of the world-forest. O Lord, unite servant Nanak with the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; make me the dust of the feet of the Holy. || 4 || 4 ||

Tuesday 12th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 667)

SOOHEE:

That day which comes, that day shall go. You must march on; nothing remains stable. Our companions are leaving, and we must leave as well. We must go far away. Death is hovering over our heads. || 1 || Why are you asleep? Wake up, you ignorant fool! You believe that your life in the world is true. || 1 || Pause || The One who gave you life shall also provide you with nourishment. In each and every heart, He runs His shop. Meditate on the Lord, and renounce your egotism and self-conceit. Within your heart, contemplate the Naam, the Name of the Lord, sometime. || 2 || Your life has passed away, but you have not arranged your path. Evening has set in, and soon there will be darkness on all sides. Says Ravi Daas, O ignorant mad-man, don’t you realize, that this world is the house of death?! || 3 || 2 ||

Wednesday 13th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 793)

TODEE, FIFTH MEHL:

My tongue sings the Praises of the Lord of the world, the ocean of virtue. Peace, tranquility, poise and delight well up in my mind, and all sorrows run away. || 1 || Pause || Whatever I ask for, I receive; I serve at the Lord’s feet, the source of nectar. I am released from the bondage of birth and death, and so I cross over the terrifying world-ocean. || 1 || Searching and seeking, I have come to understand the essence of reality; the slave of the Lord of the Universe is dedicated to Him. If you desire eternal bliss, O Nanak, ever remember the Lord in meditation. || 2 || 5 || 10 ||

Thursday 14th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 713)

SOOHEE, FIRST MEHL:

That vessel alone is pure, which is pleasing to Him. The filthiest vessel does not become pure, simply by being washed. Through the Gurdwara, the Guru’s Gate, one obtains understanding. By being washed through this Gate, it becomes pure. The Lord Himself sets the standards to differentiate between the dirty and the pure. Do not think that you will automatically find a place of rest hereafter. According to the actions one has committed, so does the mortal become. He Himself bestows the Ambrosial Name of the Lord. Such a mortal departs with honor and renown; his life is embellished and redeemed, and the trumpets resound with his glory. Why speak of poor mortals? His glory shall echo throughout the three worlds. O Nanak, he himself shall be enraptured, and he shall save his entire ancestry. || 1 || 4 || 6 ||

Friday 15th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 730)

TODEE, FIFTH MEHL:

I have enshrined the Lord’s Feet within my heart. Contemplating my Lord and Master, my True Guru, all my affairs have been resolved. || 1 || Pause || The merits of giving donations to charity and devotional worship come from the Kirtan of the Praises of the Transcendent Lord; this is the true essence of wisdom. Singing the Praises of the unapproachable, infinite Lord and Master, I have found immeasurable peace. || 1 || The Supreme Lord God does not consider the merits and demerits of those humble beings whom He makes His own. Hearing, chanting and meditating on the jewel of the Naam, I live; Nanak wears the Lord as his necklace. || 2 || 11 || 30 ||

Saturday 16th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 718)

DHANAASAREE, FIRST MEHL:

My soul burns, over and over again. Burning and burning, it is ruined, and it falls into evil. That body, which forgets the Word of the Guru’s Bani, cries out in pain, like a chronic patient. || 1 || To speak too much and babble is useless. Even without our speaking, He knows everything. || 1 || Pause || He created our ears, eyes and nose. He gave us our tongue to speak so fluently. He preserved the mind in the fire of the womb; at His Command, the wind blows everywhere.|| 2 ||These worldly attachments, loves and pleasurable tastes, all are just black stains. One who departs, with these black stains of sin on his face shall find no place to sit in the Court of the Lord. || 3 || By Your Grace, we chant Your Name. Becoming attached to it, one is saved; there is no other way. Even if one is drowning, still, he may be saved. O Nanak, the True Lord is the Giver of all. || 4 || 3 || 5 ||

Sunday 17th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 661)

JAITSREE, 5th GURU, CHHANT, FIRST HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU: SHALOK:

I am thirsty for the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan, day and night; I yearn for Him constantly, night and day. Opening the door, O Nanak, the Guru has led me to meet with the Lord, my Friend. || 1 || CHHANT: Listen, O my intimate friend — I have just one prayer to make. I have been wandering around, searching for that enticing, sweet Beloved. Whoever leads me to my Beloved — I would cut off my head and offer it to him, even if I were granted the Blessed Vision of His Darshan for just an instant. My eyes are drenched with the Love of my Beloved; without Him, I do not have even a moment’s peace. My mind is attached to the Lord, like the fish to the water, and the sparrow-hawk, thirsty for the raindrops. Servant Nanak has found the Perfect Guru; his thirst is totally quenched. || 1 || O intimate friend, my Beloved has all these loving companions; I cannot compare to any of them. O intimate friend, each of them is more beautiful than the others; who could consider me? Each of them is more beautiful than the others; countless are His lovers, constantly enjoying bliss with Him. Beholding them, desire wells up in my mind; when will I obtain the Lord, the treasure of virtue? I dedicate my mind to those who please and attract my Beloved. Says Nanak, hear my prayer, O happy soul-brides; tell me, what does my Husband Lord look like? || 2 || O intimate friend, my Husband Lord does whatever He pleases; He is not dependent on anyone. O intimate friend, you have enjoyed your Beloved; please, tell me about Him. They alone find

their Beloved, who eradicate self-conceit; such is the good destiny written on their foreheads. Taking me by the arm, the Lord and Master has made me His own; He has not considered my merits or demerits. She, whom You have adorned with the necklace of virtue, and dyed in the deep crimson color of His Love — everything looks beautiful on her. O servant Nanak, blessed is that happy soul-bride, who dwells with her Husband Lord. || 3 || O intimate friend, I have found that peace which I sought. My sought-after Husband Lord has come home, and now, congratulations are pouring in. Great joy and happiness welled up, when my Husband Lord, of ever-fresh beauty, showed mercy to me. By great good fortune, I have found Him; the Guru has united me with Him, through the Saadh Sangat, the True Congregation of the Holy. My hopes and desires have all been fulfilled; my Beloved Husband Lord has hugged me close in His embrace. Prays Nanak, I have found that peace which I sought, meeting with the Guru. || 4 || 1 ||

Monday 18th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 703)

BIHAAGRAA, FIFTH MEHL:

Grant Your Grace, O Guru, O Perfect Supreme Lord God, that I might chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord, night and day. I speak the Ambrosial Words of the Guru’s Bani, praising the Lord. Your Will seems so sweet to me, Lord. Show kindness and compassion, O Lord of the Word, Lord of the Universe; without You, I have no other at all. Almighty, sublime, infinite and perfect Lord — my soul, body, wealth and mind are Yours. I am foolish, stupid, masterless, fickle, powerless, lowly and ignorant. Prays Nanak, I seek Your Sanctuary — please save me from coming and going in reincarnation. || 1 || In the Sanctuary of the Holy, I have found the Dear Lord; I constantly sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. Applying the dust of the devotees to the mind and body, O Dear Lord, all sinners are sanctified. The sinners are sanctified in the company of those who have met the Primal Lord of Destiny. Attuned to the Naam, the Name of the Lord, they are given the gift of the life of the soul; their gifts increase day by day. Wealth, the supernatural spiritual powers of the Siddhas, and the nine treasures come to those who meditate on the Lord, and conquer their own soul. Prays Nanak, it is only by great good fortune that the Holy, the Lord’s companions are found, O friends. || 2 || Those who deal in Truth, O Dear Lord, are the perfect bankers. They possess the great treasure, O Dear Lord, and they earn the profit of the Lord’s Praise. <admin-profanity filter activated> desire, anger and greed do not cling to those who are attuned to God. They know the One, and they believe in the One; they are intoxicated with the Lord’s Love. They fall

at the Feet of the Saints, and seek their Sanctuary; their minds are filled with joy. Prays Nanak, those who have the Naam in their laps are the true bankers. || 3 || O Nanak, meditate in remembrance on that Dear Lord, who supports all by His Power. The Gurmukhs do not forget the Dear Lord, the Primal Creator Lord, from their minds. Pain, disease and fear do not cling to those who meditate on the Lord, Har, Har. By the Grace of the Saints, they cross over the terrifying world-ocean, and obtain their pre-ordained destiny. They are congratulated and applauded, and their minds are at peace; they meet the Infinite Lord God. Prays Nanak, meditating in remembrance on the Lord, Har, Har, my desires are fulfilled. || 4 || 3 ||

Tuesday 19th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 543)