Todays hukamnama

naam_jap

RAAG SORAT’H, THE WORD OF DEVOTEE RAVI DAAS JEE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

When I am in my ego, then You are not with me. Now that You are with me, there is no egotism within me. The wind may raise up huge waves in the vast ocean, but they are just water in water. || 1 || O Lord, what can I say about such an illusion? Things are not as they seem. || 1 || Pause || It is like the king, who falls asleep upon his throne, and dreams that he is a beggar. His kingdom is intact, but separated from it, he suffers in sorrow. Such is my own condition. || 2 || Like the story of the rope mistaken for a snake, the mystery has now been explained to me. Like the many bracelets, which I mistakenly thought were gold; now, I do not say what I said then. || 3 || The One Lord is pervading the many forms; He enjoys Himself in all hearts. Says Ravi Daas, the Lord is nearer than our own hands and feet. Whatever will be, will be. || 4 || 1 ||

Wednesday 20th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 657)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JAITSREE, FOURTH MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, CHAU-PADAS:

The Jewel of the Lord’s Name abides within my heart; the Guru has placed His hand on my forehead. The sins and pains of countless incarnations have been cast out. The Guru has blessed me with the Naam, the Name of the Lord, and my debt has been paid off. || 1 || O my mind, vibrate the Lord’s Name, and all your affairs shall be resolved. The Perfect Guru has implanted the Lord’s Name within me; without the Name, life is useless. || Pause || Without the Guru, the self-willed manmukhs are foolish and ignorant; they are forever entangled in emotional attachment to Maya. They never serve the feet of the Holy; their lives are totally useless. || 2 || Those who serve at the feet of the Holy, the feet of the Holy, their lives are made fruitful, and they belong to the Lord. Make me the slave of the slave of the slaves of the Lord; bless me with Your Mercy, O Lord of the Universe. || 3 || I am blind, ignorant and totally without wisdom; how can I walk on the Path? I am blind — O Guru, please let me grasp the hem of Your robe, so that servant Nanak may walk in harmony with You. || 4 || 1 ||

Thursday 21st Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 696)

TODEE, FIFTH MEHL:

I have enshrined the Lord’s Feet within my heart. Contemplating my Lord and Master, my True Guru, all my affairs have been resolved. || 1 || Pause || The merits of giving donations to charity and devotional worship come from the Kirtan of the Praises of the Transcendent Lord; this is the true essence of wisdom. Singing the Praises of the unapproachable, infinite Lord and Master, I have found immeasurable peace. || 1 || The Supreme Lord God does not consider the merits and demerits of those humble beings whom He makes His own. Hearing, chanting and meditating on the jewel of the Naam, I live; Nanak wears the Lord as his necklace. || 2 || 11 || 30 ||

Saturday 23rd Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 718)

SORAT’H, NINTH MEHL:

That man, who in the midst of pain, does not feel pain, who is not affected by pleasure, affection or fear, and who looks alike upon gold and dust; || 1 || Pause || Who is not swayed by either slander or praise, nor affected by greed, attachment or pride; who remains unaffected by joy and sorrow, honor and dishonor; || 1 || who renounces all hopes and desires and remains desireless in the world; who is not touched by <admin-profanity filter activated> desire or anger — within his heart, God dwells. || 2 || That man, blessed by Guru’s Grace, understands this way. O Nanak, he merges with the Lord of the Universe, like water with water. || 3 || 11 ||

Sunday 24th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 633)

TODEE, 5th GURU :

Forgetting the Lord, one is ruined forever. How can anyone be deceived, who has Your Support, O Lord? || Pause || Without meditating in remembrance on the Lord, life is like a burning fire, even if one lives long, like a snake. One may rule over the nine regions of the earth, but in the end, he shall have to depart, losing the game of life. || 1 || He alone sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord, the treasure of virtue, upon whom the Lord showers His Grace. He is at peace, and his birth is blessed; Nanak is a sacrifice to him. || 2 || 2 ||

Monday 25th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 711)

JAITSREE, FIFTH MEHL, THIRD HOUSE:

Does anyone know, who is our friend in this world? He alone understands this, whom the Lord blesses with His Mercy. Immaculate and unstained is his way of life. || 1 || Pause || Mother, father, spouse, children, relatives, lovers, friends and siblings meet, having been associated in previous lives; but none of them will be your companion and support in the end. || 1 || Pearl necklaces, gold, rubies and diamonds please the mind, but they are only Maya. Possessing them, one passes his life in agony; he obtains no contentment from them. || 2 || Elephants, chariots, horses as fast as the wind, wealth, land, and armies of four kinds — none of these will go with him; he must get up and depart, naked. || 3 || The Lord’s Saints are the beloved lovers of God; sing of the Lord, Har, Har, with them. O Nanak, in the Society of the Saints, you shall obtain peace in this world, and in the next world, your face shall be radiant and bright. || 4 || 1 ||

Tuesday 26th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 700)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

O mind, you have no faith, and you have not embraced love for the Celestial Lord. You do not enjoy the sublime taste of the Shabad — what Praises of the Lord will you stubborn-mindedly sing? O Nanak, one’s coming into the world is approved, if, as Gurmukh, he merges into the True Lord. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: The fool does not understand his own self; he annoys others with his speech. His underlying nature does not leave him; separated from the Lord, he is beaten. He has not changed and reformed himself in Fear of the True Guru, so that he might merge in the lap of God. Night and day, his doubts never stop; without the Word of the Shabad, he suffers in pain. <admin-profanity filter activated> desire, anger and greed are very powerful within; he passes his life constantly entangled in worldly affairs. His feet, hands, eyes and ears are exhausted; his days are numbered, and death is approaching. The True Name does not seem sweet to him — the Name by which the nine treasures are obtained. But if he remains dead while yet alive, then by so dying, he truly lives; thus, he attains liberation. But if he is not blessed with such pre-destined karma, then without this karma, what can he obtain? Meditate on the Word of the Guru’s Shabad, you fool; through the Shabad, you shall obtain salvation and wisdom. O Nanak, he alone finds the True Guru, who eradicates self-conceit from within. || 2 || PAUREE: One whose consciousness is filled with my Lord and Master — why should he feel anxious about anything? The Lord is the Giver of peace, the Lord of all things; why would we turn our faces away from His meditation, for a moment, even for an

instant? One who meditates on the Lord obtains all pleasures and comforts; let’s go, each and every day, to sit in the Society of the Saints. All the pain, hunger and disease of the Lord’s servant are eradicated; the bonds of all the humble beings are torn away. By the Lord’s Grace, one becomes the Lord’s devotee; beholding the face of the Lord’s humble devotee, the whole world is saved and carried across. || 4 ||

Wednesday 27th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 549)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

He does not let His devotees see the difficult times; this is His innate nature. Giving His hand, He protects His devotee; with each and every breath, He cherishes him. || 1 || My consciousness remains attached to God. In the beginning, and in the end, God is always my helper and companion; blessed is my friend. || Pause || My mind is delighted, gazing upon the marvellous, glorious greatness of the Lord and Master. Remembering, remembering the Lord in meditation, Nanak is in ecstasy; God, in His perfection, has protected and preserved his honor. || 2 || 15 || 46 ||

Thursday 28th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 682)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

The love of Maya is enticing; without teeth, it has eaten up the world. The self-willed manmukhs are eaten away, while the Gurmukhs are saved; they focus their consciousness on the True Name. Without the Name, the world wanders around insane; the Gurmukhs come to see this. Involved in worldly affairs, he wastes his life in vain; the peace-giving Lord does not come to abide in his mind. O Nanak, they alone obtain the Name, who have such pre-ordained destiny. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: The home within is filled with Ambrosial Nectar, but the self-willed manmukh does not get to taste it. He is like the deer, who does not recognize its own musk-scent; it wanders around, deluded by doubt. The manmukh forsakes the Ambrosial Nectar, and instead gathers poison; the Creator Himself has fooled him. How rare are the Gurmukhs, who obtain this understanding; they behold the Lord God within themselves. Their minds and bodies

are cooled and soothed, and their tongues enjoy the sublime taste of the Lord. Through the Word of the Shabad, the Name wells up; through the Shabad, we are united in the Lord’s Union. Without the Shabad, the whole world is insane, and it loses its life in vain. The Shabad alone is Ambrosial Nectar; O Nanak, the Gurmukhs obtain it. || 2 || PAUREE: The Lord God is inaccessible; tell me, how can we find Him? He has no form or feature, and He cannot be seen; tell me, how can we meditate on Him? The Lord is formless, immaculate and inaccessible; which of His Virtues should we speak of and sing? They alone walk on the Lord’s Path, whom the Lord Himself instructs. The Perfect Guru has revealed Him to me; serving the Guru, He is found. || 4 ||

Friday 29th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 643)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

Body, mind, wealth and everything belong to Him; He alone is all-wise and all-knowing. He listens to my pains and pleasures, and then my condition improves. || 1 || My soul is satisfied with the One Lord alone. People make all sorts of other efforts, but they have no value at all. || Pause || The Ambrosial Naam, the Name of the Lord, is a priceless jewel. The Guru has given me this advice. It cannot be lost, and it cannot be shaken off; it remains steady, and I am perfectly satisfied with it. || 2 || Those things which tore me away from You, Lord, are now gone. When golden ornaments are melted down into a lump, they are still said to be gold. || 3 || The Divine Light has illuminated me, and I am filled with celestial peace and glory; the unstruck melody of the Lord’s Bani resounds within me. Says Nanak, I have built my eternal home; the Guru has constructed it for me. || 4 || 5 ||

Saturday 30th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 671)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL, TWELFTH HOUSE:

I bow in reverence to the Lord, I bow in reverence. I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, my King. || Pause || By great good fortune, one meets the Divine Guru. Millions of sins are erased by serving the Lord. || 1 || One whose mind is imbued with the Lord’s lotus feet is not afflicted by the fire of sorrow. || 2 || He crosses over the world-ocean in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. He chants the Name of the Fearless Lord, and is imbued with the Lord’s Love. || 3 || One who does not steal the wealth of others, who does not commit evil deeds or sinful acts — the Messenger of Death does not even approach him. || 4 || God Himself quenches the fires of desire. O Nanak, in God’s Sanctuary, one is saved. || 5 || 1 || 55 ||

Sunday 31st Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 683)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

He has extended His power in all four directions, and placed His hand upon my head. Gazing upon me with his Eye of Mercy, He has dispelled the pains of His slave. || 1 || The Guru, the Lord of the Universe, has saved the Lord’s humble servant. Hugging me close in His embrace, the merciful, forgiving Lord has erased all my sins. || Pause || Whatever I ask for from my Lord and Master, he gives that to me. Whatever the Lord’s slave Nanak utters with his mouth, proves to be true, here and hereafter. || 2 || 14 || 45 ||

Monday 1st Bhaadon, (Samv

at 536 Nanakshahi) 16 August, 2004 (Page : 681)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

Serving the Guru, peace is produced, and then, one does not suffer in pain. The cycle of birth and death is brought to an end, and death has no power over at all. His mind is imbued with the Lord, and he remains merged in the True Lord. O Nanak, I am a sacrifice to those who walk in the Way of the True Guru’s Will. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: Without the Word of the Shabad, purity is not obtained, even though the soul-bride may adorn herself with all sorts of decorations. She does not know the value of her Husband Lord; she is attached to the love of duality. She is impure, and ill-mannered, O Nanak; among women, she is the most evil woman. || 2 || PAUREE: Be kind to me, Lord, that I might chant the Word of Your Bani. May I meditate on the Lord’s Name, chant the Lord’s Name, and obtain the profit of the Lord’s Name. I am a sacrifice to those who chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, day and night. May I behold with my eyes those who worship and adore my Beloved True Guru. I am a sacrifice to my Guru, who has united me with my Lord, my friend, my very best friend. || 24 ||

Tuesday 2nd Bhaadon, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page : 651)