Todays hukamnama

naam_jap

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL:

The Perfect Guru has attached me to His feet. I have obtained the Lord as my companion, my support, my best friend. Wherever I go, I am happy there. By His Kind Mercy, God united me with Himself. || 1 || So sing forever the Glorious Praises of the Lord with loving devotion. You shall obtain all the fruits of your mind’s desires, and the Lord shall become the companion and the support of your soul. || 1 || Pause || The Lord is the support of the breath of life. I am the dust of the feet of the Holy people. I am a sinner, but the Lord made me pure. By His Kind Mercy, the Lord blessed me with His Praises. || 2 || The Supreme Lord God cherishes and nurtures me. He is always with me, the Protector of my soul. Singing the Kirtan of the Lord’s Praises day and night, I shall not be consigned to reincarnation again. || 3 || One who is blessed by the Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny, realizes the subtle essence of the Lord. The Messenger of Death does not come near him. In the Lord’s Sanctuary, Nanak has found peace. || 4 || 9 || 59 ||

Wednesday 3rd Bhaadon, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 623)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DHANAASAREE, FIRST MEHL, SECOND HOUSE,ASHTAPADEES:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

The Guru is the ocean, filled with pearls. The Saints gather in the Ambrosial Nectar; they do not go far away from there. They taste the subtle essence of the Lord; they are loved by God. Within this pool, the swans find their Lord, the Lord of their souls. || 1 || What can the poor crane accomplish by bathing in the mud puddle? It sinks into the mire, and its filth is not washed away. || 1 || Pause || After careful deliberation, the thoughtful person takes a step. Forsaking duality, he becomes a devotee of the Formless Lord. He obtains the treasure of liberation, and enjoys the sublime essence of the Lord. His comings and goings end, and the Guru protects him. || 2 || The swan do not leave this pool. In loving devotional worship, they merge in the Celestial Lord. The swans are in the pool, and the pool is in the swans. They speak the Unspoken Speech, and they honor and revere the Guru’s Word. || 3 || The Yogi, the Primal Lord, sits within the celestial sphere of deepest Samaadhi. He is not male, and He is not female; how can anyone describe Him? The three worlds continue to center their attention on His Light. The silent sages and the Yogic masters seek the Sanctuary of the True Lord. || 4 || The Lord is the source of bliss, the support of the helpless. The Gurmukhs worship and contemplate the Celestial Lord. God is the Lover of His devotees, the Destroyer of fear. Subduing ego, one meets the Lord, and places his feet on the Path. || 5 || He make

s many efforts, but still, the Messenger of Death tortures him. Destined only to die, he comes into the world. He wastes this precious human life through duality. He does not know his own self, and trapped by doubts, he cries out in pain. || 6 || Speak, read and hear of the One Lord. The Support of the earth shall bless you with courage, righteousness and protection. Chastity, purity and self-restraint are infused into the heart, when one centers his mind in the fourth state. || 7 || They are immaculate and true, and filth does not stick to them. Through the Word of the Guru’s Shabad, their doubt and fear depart. The form and personality of the Primal Lord are incomparably beautiful. Nanak begs for the Lord, the Embodiment of Truth. || 8 || 1 ||

Thursday 4th Bhaadon, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 685)

DnwsrI mhlw 1 Gru 2 AstpdIAw

<> siqgur pRswid ]

guru swgru rqnI BrpUry ] AMimRqu sMq cugih nhI dUry] hir rsu cog cugih pRB BwvY ] srvr mih hMsu pRwnpiq pwvY ]1] ikAw bgu bpuVw CpVI nwie ] kIciV fUbY mYlu n jwie ]1]rhwau ] riK riK crn Dry vIcwrI ] duibDw Coif Bey inrMkwrI] mukiq pdwrQu hir rs cwKy]Awvx jwx rhy guir rwKy]2]srvr hMsw Coif n jwie ] pRym Bgiq kir shij smwie ]srvr mih hMsu hMs mih swgru ] AkQ kQw gur bcnI Awdru ]3] suMn mMfl ieku jogI bYsy ] nwir n purKu khhu koaU kYsy ] iqRBvx joiq rhy ilv lweI ] suir nr nwQ scy srxweI ]4] Awnµd mUlu AnwQ ADwrI ] gurmuiK Bgiq shij bIcwrI ] Bgiq vCl BY kwtxhwry ] haumY mwir imly pgu Dwry ]5] Aink jqn kir kwlu sMqwey ] mrxu ilKwie mMfl mih Awey ] jnmu pdwrQu duibDw KovY ] Awpu n cInis BRim BRim rovY ]6] khqau pVqau suxqau eyk ]DIrj Drmu DrxIDr tyk ] jqu squ sMjmu irdY smwey ] cauQy pd kau jy mnu pqIAwey ]7] swcy inrml mYlu n lwgY ] gur kY sbid Brm Bau BwgY ] sUriq mUriq Awid AnUpu ] nwnku jwcY swcu srUpu ]8]1]

vIrvwr, 4 BwdoN (sMmq 536 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 685)

RAAG SOOHEE, CHHANT, FIRST MEHL, FIRST HOUSE:

Intoxicated with the wine of youth, I did not realize that I was only a guest at my parents’ home (in this world). My consciousness is polluted with faults and mistakes; without the Guru, virtue does not even enter into me. I have not known the value of virtue; I have been deluded by doubt. I have wasted away my youth in vain. I have not known my Husband Lord, His celestial home and gate, or the Blessed Vision of His Darshan. I have not had the pleasure of my Husband Lord’s celestial peace. After consulting the True Guru, I have not walked on the Path; the night of my life is passing away in sleep. O Nanak, in the prime of my youth, I am a widow; without my Husband Lord, the soul-bride is wasting away. || 1 || O father, give me in marriage to the Lord; I am pleased with Him as my Husband. I belong to Him. He is pervading throughout the four ages, and the Word of His Bani permeates the three worlds. The Husband Lord of the three worlds ravishes and enjoys His virtuous brides, but He keeps the ungraceful and unvirtuous ones far away. As are our hopes, so are our minds’ desires, which the All-pervading Lord brings to fulfillment. The bride of the Lord is forever happy and virtuous; she shall never be a widow, and she shall never have to wear dirty clothes. O Nanak, I love my True Husband Lord; my Beloved is the same, age after age. || 2 || O Baba, calculate that auspicious moment, when I too shall be going to my in-laws’ house. The moment of that marriage will be set by the Hukam of God’s Command; His Will cannot be changed. The karmic record

of past deeds, written by the Creator Lord, cannot be erased by anyone. The most respected member of the marriage party, my Husband, is the independent Lord of all beings, pervading and permeating the three worlds. Maya, crying out in pain, leaves, seeing that the bride and the groom are in love. O Nanak, the peace of the Mansion of God’s Presence comes through the True Word of the Shabad; the bride keeps the Guru’s Feet enshrined in her mind. || 3 || My father has given me in marriage far away, and I shall not return to my parents’ home. I am delighted to see my Husband Lord near at hand; in His Home, I am so beautiful. My True Beloved Husband Lord desires me; He has joined me to Himself, and made my intellect pure and sublime. By good destiny I met Him, and was given a place of rest; through the Guru’s Wisdom, I have become virtuous. I gather lasting Truth and contentment in my lap, and my Beloved is pleased with my truthful speech. O Nanak, I shall not suffer the pain of separation; through the Guru’s Teachings, I merge into the loving embrace of the Lord’s Being. || 4 || 1 ||

Friday 5th Bhaadon, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 763)

rwgu sUhI CMq mhlw 1 Gru 1

<> siqgur pRswid ]

Bir jobin mY mq pyeIAVY Gir pwhuxI bil rwm jIau ] mYlI Avgix iciq ibnu gur gux n smwvnI bil rwm jIau ] gux swr n jwxI Brim BulwxI jobnu bwid gvwieAw ] vru Gru dru drsnu nhI jwqw ipr kw shju n BwieAw ] siqgur pUiC n mwrig cwlI sUqI rYix ivhwxI ] nwnk bwlqix rwfypw ibnu ipr Dn kumlwxI ]1] bwbw mY vru dyih mY hir vru BwvY iqs kI bil rwm jIau ] riv rihAw jug cwir iqRBvx bwxI ijs kI bil rwm jIau ] iqRBvx kMqu rvY sohwgix AvgxvMqI dUry ] jYsI Awsw qYsI mnsw pUir rihAw BrpUry ] hir kI nwir su srb suhwgix rWf n mYlY vysy ] nwnk mY vru swcw BwvY juig juig pRIqm qYsy ]2] bwbw lgnu gxwie hMBI vM\w swhurY bil rwm jIau ] swhw hukmu rjwie so n tlY jo pRBu krY bil rwm jIau ] ikrqu pieAw krqY kir pwieAw myit n skY koeI ] jw

092;I nwau nrh inhkyvlu riv rihAw iqhu loeI ] mwie inrwsI roie ivCuMnI bwlI bwlY hyqy ] nwnk swc sbid suK mhlI gur crxI pRBu cyqy ]3] bwbuil idqVI dUir nw AwvY Gir pyeIAY bil rwm jIau ] rhsI vyiK hdUir ipir rwvI Gir sohIAY bil rwm jIau ] swcy ipr loVI pRIqm joVI miq pUrI prDwny ] sMjogI mylw Qwin suhylw guxvMqI gur igAwny ] squ sMqoKu sdw scu plY scu bolY ipr Bwey ] nwnk ivCuiV nw duKu pwey gurmiq AMik smwey ]4]1]

Su`krvwr, 5 BwdoN (sMmq 536 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 763)

SHALOK:

The Lord grants His Grace, and dispels the pains of those who sing the Kirtan of the Praises of His Name. When the Lord God shows His Kindness, O Nanak, one is no longer engrossed in Maya. || 1 || The burning fire has been put out; God Himself has saved me. Meditate on that God, O Nanak, who created the universe. || 2 || PAUREE: When God becomes merciful, Maya does not cling. Millions of sins are eliminated, by meditating on the Naam, the Name of the One Lord. The body is made immaculate and pure, bathing in the dust of the feet of the Lord’s humble servants. The mind and body become contented, finding the Perfect Lord God. One is saved, along with his family, and all his ancestors. || 18 ||

Saturday 6th Bhaadon, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 709)

slok ]

dieAw krxM duK hrxM aucrxM nwm kIrqnh ] dieAwl purK Bgvwnh nwnk ilpq n mwieAw ]1] Bwih blµdVI buiJ geI rKMdVo pRBu Awip ] ijin aupweI mydnI nwnk so pRBu jwip ]2] pauVI ] jw pRB Bey dieAwl n ibAwpY mwieAw ] koit AGw gey nws hir ieku iDAwieAw ] inrml Bey srIr jn DUrI nwieAw ] mn qn Bey sMqoK pUrn pRBu pwieAw ] qry kutMb sMig log kul sbwieAw ]18]

SnIvwr, 6 BwdoN (sMmq 536 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 709)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

One who knows God, and who lovingly focuses his attention on the One Word of the Shabad, keeps his spirituality intact. The nine treasures and the eighteen spiritual powers of the Siddhas follow him, who keeps the Lord enshrined in his heart. Without the True Guru, the Name is not found; understand this, and reflect upon it. O Nanak, through perfect good destiny, one meets the True Guru, and finds peace, throughout the four ages. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: Whether he is young or old, the self-willed manmukh cannot escape hunger and thirst. The Gurmukhs are imbued with the Word of the Shabad; they are at peace, having lost their self-conceit. They are satisfied and satiated within; they never feel hungry again. O Nanak, whatever the Gurmukhs do is acceptable; they remain lovingly absorbed in the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: I am a sacrifice to those Sikhs who are Gurmukhs. I behold the Blessed Vision, the Darshan of those who meditate on the Lord’s Name. Listening to the Kirtan of the Lord’s Praises, I contemplate His virtues; I write His Praises on the fabric of my mind. I praise the Lord’s Name with love, and eradicate all my sins. Blessed, blessed and beauteous is that body and place, where my Guru places His feet. || 19 ||

Sunday 7th Bhaadon, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 649)

sloku m: 3 ]

bRhmu ibMdY iqs dw bRhmqu rhY eyk sbid ilv lwie ] nv inDI ATwrh isDI ipCY lgIAw iPrih jo hir ihrdY sdw vswie ] ibnu siqgur nwau n pweIAY buJhu kir vIcwru ] nwnk pUrY Bwig siqguru imlY suKu pwey jug cwir ]1] m:3 ] ikAw gBrU ikAw ibriD hY mnm

uK iqRsnw BuK n jwie ] gurmuiK sbdy riqAw sIqlu hoey Awpu gvwie ] AMdru iqRpiq sMqoiKAw iPir BuK n lgY Awie ] nwnk ij gurmuiK krih so prvwxu hY jo nwim rhy ilv lwie ]2] pauVI ] hau bilhwrI iqMn kMau jo gurmuiK isKw ] jo hir nwmu iDAwiedy iqn drsnu ipKw ] suix kIrqnu hir gux rvw hir jsu min ilKw ] hir nwmu slwhI rMg isau siB iklivK ikRKw ] Dnu DMnu suhwvw so srIru Qwnu hY ijQY myrw guru Dry ivKw ]19]

AYqvwr, 7 BwdoN (sMmq 536 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 649)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

Body, mind, wealth and everything belong to Him; He alone is all-wise and all-knowing. He listens to my pains and pleasures, and then my condition improves. || 1 || My soul is satisfied with the One Lord alone. People make all sorts of other efforts, but they have no value at all. || Pause || The Ambrosial Naam, the Name of the Lord, is a priceless jewel. The Guru has given me this advice. It cannot be lost, and it cannot be shaken off; it remains steady, and I am perfectly satisfied with it. || 2 || Those things which tore me away from You, Lord, are now gone. When golden ornaments are melted down into a lump, they are still said to be gold. || 3 || The Divine Light has illuminated me, and I am filled with celestial peace and glory; the unstruck melody of the Lord’s Bani resounds within me. Says Nanak, I have built my eternal home; the Guru has constructed it for me. || 4 || 5 ||

Monday 8th Bhaadon, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 671)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

Wherever I look, there I see Him present; He is never far away. He is all-pervading, everywhere; O my mind, meditate on Him forever. || 1 || He alone is called your companion, who will not be separated from you, here or hereafter. That pleasure, which passes away in an instant, is trivial. || Pause || He cherishes us, and gives us sustenance; He does not lack anything. With each and every breath, my God takes care of His creatures. || 2 || God is undeceiveable, impenetrable and infinite; His form is lofty and exalted. Ch

anting and meditating on the embodiment of wonder and beauty, His humble servants are in bliss. || 3 || Bless me with such understanding, O Merciful Lord God, that I might remember You. Nanak begs God for the gift of the dust of the feet of the Saints. || 4 || 3 || 27 ||

Tuesday 9th Bhaadon, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page : 677)

TILANG, SECOND HOUSE, FIFTH MEHL:

There is no other than You, Lord. You are the Creator; whatever You do, that alone happens. You are the strength, and You are the support of the mind. Forever and ever, meditate, O Nanak, on the One. || 1 || The Great Giver is the Supreme Lord God over all. You are our support, You are our sustainer. || Pause || You are, You are, and You shall ever be, O inaccessible, unfathomable, lofty and infinite Lord. Those who serve You, are not touched by fear or suffering. By Guru’s Grace, O Nanak, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. || 2 || Whatever is seen, is Your form, O treasure of virtue, O Lord of the Universe, O Lord of incomparable beauty. Remembering, remembering, remembering the Lord in meditation, His humble servant becomes like Him. O Nanak, by His Grace, we obtain Him. || 3 || I am a sacrifice to those who meditate on the Lord. Associating with them, the whole world is saved. Says Nanak, God fulfills our hopes and aspirations. I long for the dust of the feet of the Saints. || 4 || 2 ||

Wednesday 10th Bhaadon, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 723)

SOOHEE, FIRST MEHL, KAAFEE, TENTH HOUSE:

This human birth is so difficult to obtain; the Gurmukh obtains it. The mind and body are dyed in the deep red color of devotional love, if it pleases the True Guru. || 1 || Hel departs with his life embellished and successful, taking the merchandise of the True Name. He is honored in the Darbaar, the Royal Court, of the Lord, through the Shabad, the Word of the True Guru, and the Fear of God. || 1 || Pause || One who praises the True Lord with his mind and body, pleases the Mind of the True Lord. Attuned to the Beloved Lord, the mind is appeased, and finds the Perfect Guru. || 2 || I live, by cherishing Your Glorious Virtues; You dwell deep within me. You dwell within my mind, and so it naturally celebrates in joyful delight. || 3 || O my foolish mind, how can I teach and instruct you? As Gurmukh, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, and so become attuned to His Love. || 4 || Continually, continuously, remember and cherish your Beloved Lord in your heart. For if you depart with virtue, then pain shall never afflict you. || 5 || The self-willed manmukh wanders around, deluded by doubt; he does not enshrine love for the Lord. He dies as a stranger to his own self, and his mind and body are spoiled. || 6 || Performing service to the Guru, you shall go home with the profit. Through the Word of the Guru’s Bani, and the Shabad, the Word of God, the state of Nirvaanaa is attained. || 7 || Nanak makes this one prayer: if i

t pleases Your Will, bless me with a home in Your Name, Lord, that I may sing Your Glorious Praises. || 8 || 1 || 3 ||

Thursday 11th Bhaadon, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 751)

sUhI mhlw 1 kwPI Gru 10

<> siqgur pRswid ]

mwxs jnmu dulµBu gurmuiK pwieAw ] mnu qnu hoie culµBu jy siqgur BwieAw ]1] clY jnmu svwir vKru scu lY ] piq pwey drbwir siqgur sbid BY ]1] rhwau ] min qin scu slwih swcy min BwieAw ] lwil rqw mnu mwinAw guru pUrw pwieAw ]2] hau jIvw gux swir AMqir qU vsY ] qUM vsih mn mwih shjy ris rsY ]3] mUrK mn smJwie AwKau kyqVw ] gurmuiK hir gux gwie rMig rMgyqVw ]4] inq inq irdY smwil pRIqmu Awpxw ] jy clih gux nwil nwhI duKu sMqwpxw ]5] mnmuK Brim Bulwxw nw iqsu rMgu hY ] mrsI hoie ivfwxw min qin BMgu hY ]6] gur kI kwr kmwie lwhw Gir AwixAw ] gurbwxI inrbwxu sbid pCwixAw ]7] iek nwnk kI Ardwis jy quDu BwvsI ] mY dIjY nwm invwsu hir gux gwvsI ]8]1]3]

vIrvwr, 11 BwdoN (sMmq 536 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 751)

sloku mÚ 3 ]

ivxu nwvY siB Brmdy inq jig qotw sYswir ] mnmuiK krm kmwvxy haumY AMDu gubwru ] gurmuiK AMimRqu pIvxw nwnk sbdu vIcwir ]1] mÚ 3 ] shjy jwgY shjy sovY ] gurmuiK Anidnu ausqiq hovY ] mnmuKw BrmY shsw hovY ] AMqir icMqw nId n sovY ] igAwnI jwgih svih suBwie ] nwnk nwim riqAw bil jwau ]2] pauVI ] sy hir nwmu iDAwvih jo hir riqAw ] hir ieku iDAwvih ieku ieko hir siqAw ] hir ieko vrqY ieku ieko auqpiqAw ] jo hir nwmu iDAwvih iqn fru sit GiqAw ] gurmqI dyvY Awip gurmuiK hir jipAw ]9]

Su`krvwr, 12 BwdoN (sMmq 536 nwnkSwhI) (AMg : 645-646)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

Without the Name of the Lord, everyone wanders around the world, losing. The self-willed manmukhs do their deeds in the pitch black darkness of egotism. The Gurmukhs drink in the Ambrosial Nectar, O Nanak, contemplating the Word of the Shabad. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: He wakes in peace, and he sleeps in peace. The Gurmukh praises the Lord night and day. The self-willed manmukh remains deluded by his doubts. He is filled with anxiety, and he cannot even sleep. The spiritually wise wake and sleep in peace. Nanak is a sacrifice to those who are imbued with the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: They alone meditate on the Lord’s Name, who are imbued with the Lord. They meditate on the One Lord; the One and Only Lord is True. The One Lord is pervading everywhere; the One Lord created the Universe. Those who meditate on the Lord’s Name, cast out their fears. The Lord Himself blesses them with Guru’s Instruction; the Gurmukh meditates on the Lord. || 9 ||

Friday 12th Bhaadon, (Samvat 536

Nanakshahi) (Page: 645-646)

soriT mhlw 5 Gru 1 AstpdIAw

<> siqgur pRswid ]

sBu jgu ijnih aupwieAw BweI krx kwrx smrQu ] jIau ipMfu ijin swijAw BweI dy kir ApxI vQu ] ikin khIAY ikau dyKIAY BweI krqw eyku AkQu ] guru goivMdu slwhIAY BweI ijs qy jwpY qQu ]1] myry mn jpIAY hir BgvMqw ] nwm dwnu dyie jn Apny dUK drd kw hMqw ] rhwau ] jw kY Gir sBu ikCu hY BweI nau iniD Bry BMfwr ] iqs kI kImiq nw pvY BweI aUcw Agm Apwr ] jIA jMq pRiqpwldw BweI inq inq krdw swr ] siqguru pUrw BytIAY BweI sbid imlwvxhwr ]2] scy crx sryvIAih BweI BRmu Bau hovY nwsu ] imil sMq sBw mnu mWjIAY BweI hir kY nwim invwsu ] imtY AMDyrw AigAwnqw BweI kml hovY prgwsu ] gur bcnI suKu aUpjY BweI siB Pl siqgur pwis ]3] myrw qyrw CofIAY BweI hoeIAY sB kI DUir ] Git Git bRhmu pswirAw BweI pyKY suxY hjUir ] ijqu idin ivsrY pwrbRhmu BweI iqqu idin mrIAY JUir ] krn krwvn smrQo BweI srb klw BrpUir ]4] pRym pdwrQu nwmu hY BweI mwieAw moh ibnwsu ] iqsu BwvY qw myil ley BweI ihrdY nwm invwsu ] gurmuiK kmlu pRgwsIAY BweI irdY hovY prgwsu ] pRgtu BieAw prqwpu pRB BweI mauilAw Driq Akwsu ]5] guir pUrY sMqoiKAw BweI Aihinis lwgw Bwau ] rsnw rwmu rvY sdw BweI swcw swdu suAwau ] krnI suix suix jIivAw BweI inhclu pwieAw Qwau ] ijsu prqIiq n AwveI BweI so jIAVw jil jwau ]6] bhu gux myry swihbY BweI hau iqs kY bil jwau ] Ehu inrguxIAwry pwldw BweI dyie inQwvy Qwau ] irjku sMbwhy swis swis BweI gUVw jw kw nwau ] ijsu guru swcw BytIAY BweI pUrw iqsu krmwau ]7] iqsu ibnu GVI n jIvIAY BweI srb klw BrpUir ] swis igrwis n ivsrY BweI pyKau sdw hjUir ] swDU sMig imlwieAw BweI srb rihAw BrpUir ] ijnw pRIiq n lgIAw BweI sy inq inq mrdy JUir ]8] AMcil lwie qrwieAw BweI Baujlu duKu sMswru ] kir ikrpw ndir inhwilAw BweI kIqonu AMg

u Apwru ] mnu qnu sIqlu hoieAw BweI Bojnu nwm ADwru ] nwnk iqsu srxwgqI BweI ij iklibK kwtxhwru ]9]1]

somvwr,15 BwdoN (sMmq 536 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 639)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, ASHTAPADEES:

The One who created the whole world, O Siblings of Destiny, is the Almighty Lord, the Cause of causes. He fashioned the soul and the body, O Siblings of Destiny, by His own power. How can He be described? How can He be seen, O Siblings of Destiny? The Creator is One; He is indescribable. Praise the Guru, the Lord of the Universe, O Siblings of Destiny; through Him, the essence is known. || 1 || O my mind, meditate on the Lord, the Lord God. He blesses His servant with the gift of the Naam; He is the Destroyer of pain and suffering. || Pause || Everything is in His home, O Siblings of Destiny; His warehouse is overflowing with the nine treasures. His worth cannot be estimated, O Siblings of Destiny; He is lofty, inaccessible and infinite. He cherishes all beings and creatures, O Siblings of Destiny; he continually takes care of them. So meet with the Perfect True Guru, O Siblings of Destiny, and merge in the Word of the Shabad. || 2 || Adoring the feet of the True Guru, O Siblings of Destiny, doubt and fear are dispelled. Joining the Society of the Saints, cleanse your mind, O Siblings of Destiny, and dwell in the Name of the Lord. The darkness of ignorance shall be dispelled, O Siblings of Destiny, and the lotus of your heart shall blossom forth. By the Guru’s Word, peace wells up, O Siblings of Destiny; all fruits are with the True Guru. || 3 || Give up your sense of mine and yours, O Siblings of Destiny, and become the dust of the feet of all. In each and every heart, God is contained, O Siblings of Destiny; He sees, and hears, and is ever-present with us. On that day when one forgets the Supreme Lord God, O Siblings of Destiny, on that day, o

ne ought to die crying out in pain. He is the all-powerful Cause of Causes, O Siblings of Destiny; he is totally filled with all powers. || 4 || The Love of the Name is the greatest treasure, O Siblings of Destiny; through it, emotional attachment to Maya is dispelled. If it is pleasing to His Will, then He unites us in His Union, O Siblings of Destiny; the Naam, the Name of the Lord, comes to abide in the mind. The heart-lotus of the Gurmukh blossoms forth, O Siblings of Destiny, and the heart is illumined. The Glory of God has been revealed, O Siblings of Destiny, and the earth and sky have blossomed forth. || 5 || The Perfect Guru has blessed me with contentment, O Siblings of Destiny; day and night, I remain attached to the Lord’s Love. My tongue continually chants the Lord’s Name, O Siblings of Destiny; this is the true taste, and the object of human life. Listening with my ears, I hear and so I live, O Siblings of Destiny; I have obtained the unchanging, unmoving state. That soul,which does not place its faith in the Lord shall burn, O Siblings of Destiny. || 6 || My Lord and Master has so many virtues, O Siblings of Destiny; I am a sacrifice to Him. He nurtures even the most worthless, O Siblings of Destiny, and gives home to the homeless. He gives us nourishment with each and every breath, O Siblings of Destiny; His Name is everlasting. One who meets with the True Guru, O Siblings of Destiny, does so only by perfect destiny. || 7 || Without Him, I cannot live, even for an instant, O Siblings of Destiny; He is totally filled with all powers. With every breath and morsel of food, I will not forget Him, O Siblings of Destiny; I behold Him ever-present. In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, I meet Him, O Siblings of Destiny; He is totally pervading and permeating everywhere. Those who do not embrace love for the Lord, O Siblings of Destiny, always die crying out in pain. || 8 || Grasping hold of the hem

of His robe, O Siblings of Destiny, we are carried across the world-ocean of fear and pain. By His Glance of Grace, He has blessed us, O Siblings of Destiny; He shall be with us until the very end. My mind and body are soothed and calmed, O Siblings of Destiny, nourished by the food of the Naam. Nanak has entered His Sanctuary, O Siblings of Destiny; the Lord is the Destroyer of sins. || 9 || 1 ||

Monday 15th Bhaadon, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 639)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL:

The Perfect Guru has attached me to His feet. I have obtained the Lord as my companion, my support, my best friend. Wherever I go, I am happy there. By His Kind Mercy, God united me with Himself. || 1 || So sing forever the Glorious Praises of the Lord with loving devotion. You shall obtain all the fruits of your mind’s desires, and the Lord shall become the companion and the support of your soul. || 1 || Pause || The Lord is the support of the breath of life. I am the dust of the feet of the Holy people. I am a sinner, but the Lord made me pure. By His Kind Mercy, the Lord blessed me with His Praises. || 2 || The Supreme Lord God cherishes and nurtures me. He is always with me, the Protector of my soul. Singing the Kirtan of the Lord’s Praises day and night, I shall not be consigned to reincarnation again. || 3 || One who is blessed by the Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny, realizes the subtle essence of the Lord. The Messenger of Death does not come near him. In the Lord’s Sanctuary, Nanak has found peace. || 4 || 9 || 59 ||

Tuesday 16th Bhaadon, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 623)

soriT mhlw 5 ]

guir pUrY crnI lwieAw ] hir sMig shweI pwieAw ] jh jweIAY qhw suhyly ] kir ikrpw pRiB myly ]1] hir gux gwvhu sdw suBweI ] mn icMdy sgly Pl pwvhu jIA kY sMig shweI ]1] rhwau ] nwrwiex pRwx ADwrw ] hm sMq jnW rynwrw ] piqq punIq kir lIny ] kir ikrpw hir jsu dIny ]2] pwrbRhmu kry pRiqpwlw ] sd jIA sMig rKvwlw ] hir idnu rYin kIrqnu gweIAY ] bhuiV n jonI pweIAY ]3] ijsu

dyvY purKu ibDwqw ] hir rsu iqn hI jwqw ] jmkMkru nyiV n AwieAw ] suKu nwnk srxI pwieAw ]4]9]59]

mMglvwr,16 BwdoN (sMmq 536 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 623)

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :

soriT mhlw 5 ]

hy BweI! ijs mnu`K nMU pUry gurU ny prmwqmw dy crnW ivc joV id`qw, aus ny auh prmwqmw l`B ilAw jo hr vyly AMg-sMg v`sdw hY, qy ijMd dw mddgwr hY[ jy pRBU-crnW ivc juVy rhIey, qW ij`Qy BI jweIey, auQy hI suKI rih skIdw hY, pr ijn@W nMU crnW ivc imlwieAw hY pRBU ny Awp hI ikrpw kr ky imlwieAw hY[1[ hy BweI! sdw ipAwr nwl prmwqmw dI is&iq swlwh dy gIq gwauNdy irhw kro[ is&iq swlwh dI brkiq nwl mn-mMgy Pl pRBU dy dr qoN pRwpq krdy rhogy, prmwqmw ijMd dy nwl v`sdw swQI pRqIq hMudw rhygw[1[ rhwau[ hy BweI! mYN qW sMq jnW dy crnW dI DUV bixAw rihMdw hW, sMq jnW dI ikrpw nwl prmwqmw ijMd dw Awsrw pRqIq huMdw rihMdw hY[ sMq jn ikrpw kr ky prmwqmw dI is&iq swlwh dI dwiq dyNdy hn, Aqy ies qrHW ivkwrW ivc if~gy hoieAW nMU BI pivqR jIvn vwlw bxw lYNdy hn[2[ hy BweI! idn rwq hr vyly prmwqmw dI is&iq swlwh dy gIq gwauNdy rihxw cwhIdw hY, is&iq swlwh dI brkq nwl muV jnm mrn dy gyV ivc nhIN peIdw[ prmwqmw Awp is&iq swlwh krn vwilAW dI rwKI krdw hY, sdw auhnW dI ijMd dy nwl rwKW bixAw rihMdw hY[3[ pr, hy nwnk! aus mnu`K ny hI prmwqmw dy nwm dw suAwd smiJAw hY (kdr jwxI hY), ijs nMU isrjxhwr srb-ivAwpk pRBU Awp ieh dwiq dyNdw hY[ prmwqmw dI Srn ipAw rih ky auh Awqmk AwnMd mwxdw rihMdw hY[ jm-dUq BI aus dy nyVy nhIN Fukdw[4[9[59[