Todays hukamnama

naam_jap

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

Worship and adore God in your mind and body; join the Company of the Holy. Chanting the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe, the Messenger of Death runs far away. || 1 || That humble being who chants the Lord’s Name, remains always awake and aware, night and day. He is not affected by charms and spells, nor is he harmed by the evil eye. || 1 || Pause || Sexual desire, anger, the intoxication of egotism and emotional attachment are dispelled, by loving devotion. One who enters the Lord’s Sanctuary, O Nanak, remains merged in ecstasy in the subtle essence of the Lord’s Love. || 2 || 4 || 68 ||

Sunday, 27 Poh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 9th January 2005 (ANG : 817-818)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

Worship and adore God in your mind and body; join the Company of the Holy. Chanting the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe, the Messenger of Death runs far away. || 1 || That humble being who chants the Lord’s Name, remains always awake and aware, night and day. He is not affected by charms and spells, nor is he harmed by the evil eye. || 1 || Pause || Sexual desire, anger, the intoxication of egotism and emotional attachment are dispelled, by loving devotion. One who enters the Lord’s Sanctuary, O Nanak, remains merged in ecstasy in the subtle essence of the Lord’s Love. || 2 || 4 || 68 ||

Sunday, 27 Poh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 9th January 2005 (Page : 817-818)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

Wandering and roaming around, I met the Holy Perfect Guru, who has taught me. All other devices did not work, so I meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || 1 || For this reason, I sought the Protection and Support of my Lord, the Cherisher of the Universe. I sought the Sanctuary of the Perfect Transcendent Lord, and all my entanglements were dissolved. || Pause || Paradise, the earth, the nether regions of the underworld, and the globe of the world - all are engrossed in Maya. To save your soul, and liberate all your ancestors, meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || 2 || O Nanak, singing the Naam, the Name of the Immaculate Lord, all treasures are obtained. Only that rare person, whom the Lord and Master blesses with His Grace, comes to know this. || 3 || 3 || 21 ||

Monday 28 Poh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 10th January 2005

Angg 676

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

DHANAASAREE, FIRST MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, CHAU-PADAS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. TRUTH IS THE NAME. CREATIVE BEING PERSONIFIED. NO FEAR. NO HATRED. IMAGE OF THE UNDYING. BEYOND BIRTH. SELF-EXISTENT. BY GURU’S GRACE:

My soul is afraid; to whom should I complain? I serve Him, who makes me forget my pains; He is the Giver, forever and ever. || 1 || My Lord and Master is forever new; He is the Giver, forever and ever. || 1 || Pause || Night and day, I serve my Lord and Master; He shall save me in the end. Hearing and listening, O my dear sister, I have crossed over. || 2 || O Merciful Lord, Your Name carries me across. I am forever a sacrifice to You. || 1 || Pause || In all the world, there is only the One True Lord; there is no other at all. He alone serves the Lord, upon whom the Lord casts His Glance of Grace. || 3 || Without You, O Beloved, how could I even live? Bless me with such greatness, that I may remain attached to Your Name. There is no other, O Beloved, to whom I can go and speak. || 1 || Pause || I serve my Lord and Master; I ask for no other. Nanak is His slave; moment by moment, bit by bit, he is a sacrifice to Him. || 4 || O Lord Master, I am a sacrifice to Your Name, moment by moment, bit by bit. || 1 || Pause || 4 || 1 ||

Tuesday 29 Poh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 11th

January 2005 (ANG: 660)

DHANAASAREE, FIRST MEHL, CHHANT:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Why should I bathe at sacred shrines of pilgrimage? The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the sacred shrine of pilgrimage. My sacred shrine of pilgrimage is spiritual wisdom within, and contemplation on the Word of the Shabad. The spiritual wisdom given by the Guru is the True sacred shrine of pilgrimage, where the ten festivals are always observed. I constantly beg for the Name of the Lord; grant it to me, O God, Sustainer of the world. The world is sick, and the Naam is the medicine to cure it; without the True Lord, filth sticks to it. The Guru’s Word is immaculate and pure; it radiates a steady Light. Constantly bathe in such a true shrine of pilgrimage. || 1 || Filth does not stick to the true ones; what filth do they have to wash off? If one strings a garland of virtues for oneself, what is there to cry for? One who conquers his own self through contemplation is saved, and saves others as well; he does not come to be born again. The supreme meditator is Himself the philosopher’s stone, which transforms lead into gold. The true man is pleasing to the True Lord. He is in ecstasy, truly happy, night and day; his sorrows and sins are taken away. He finds the True Name, and beholds the Guru; with the True Name in his mind, no filth sticks to him. || 2 || O friend, association with the Holy is the perfect cleansing bath. The singer who sings the Lord’s Praises is adorned with the Word of the Shabad. Worship the True Lord, and believe in the True Guru; this brings the merit of making donations to charity, kindness and compassion. The soul-bride who loves

to be with her Husband Lord bathes at the Triveni, the sacred place where the Ganges, Jamuna and Saraswaati Rivers converge, the Truest of the True. Worship and adore the One Creator, the True Lord, who constantly gives, whose gifts continually increase. Salvation is attained by associating with the Society of the Saints, O friend; granting His Grace, God unites us in His Union. || 3 || Everyone speaks and talks; how great should I say He is? I am foolish, lowly and ignorant; it is only through the Guru’s Teachings that I understand. True are the Teachings of the Guru. His Words are Ambrosial Nectar; my mind is pleased and appeased by them. Loaded down with corruption and sin, people depart, and then come back again; the True Shabad is found through my Guru. There is no end to the treasure of devotion; the Lord is pervading everywhere. Nanak utters this true prayer; one who purifies his mind is True. || 4 || 1 ||

Wednesday, 30 Poh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 12th January 2005

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

DHANAASAREE, FOURTH MEHL:

I am blind, totally blind, entangled in corruption and poison. How can I walk on the Guru’s Path? If the True Guru, the Giver of peace, shows His kindness, He attaches us to the hem of His robe. || 1 || O Sikhs of the Guru, O friends, walk on the Guru’s Path. Whatever the Guru says, accept that as good; the sermon of the Lord, Har, Har, is unique and wonderful. || 1 || Pause || O Saints of the Lord, O Siblings of Destiny, listen: serve the Guru, quickly now! Let your service to the True Guru be your supplies on the Lord’s Path; pack them up, and don’t think of today or tomorrow. || 2 || O Saints of the Lord, chant the chant of the Lord’s Name; the Lord’s Saints walk with the Lord. Those who meditate on the Lord, become the Lord; the playful, wondrous Lord meets them. || 3 || To chant the chant of the Lord’s Name, Har, Har, is the longing I long for; have Mercy upon me, O Lord of the world-forest. O Lord, unite servant Nanak with the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; make me the dust of the feet of the Holy. || 4 || 4 ||

Thursday 1sth Maagh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 13th January 2005 (ang: 667)

SOOHEE That day which comes that day shall go.

You must march on;

nothing remains stable.

Our companions are leaving and we must leave as well.

We must go far away.

Death is hovering over our heads.|| 1 ||

Why are you asleep?

Wake up you ignorant fool! You believe that your life in the world is true.|| 1 ||

Pause || The One who gave you life shall also provide you with nourishment.

In each and every heart He runs His shop.

Meditate on the Lord and renounce your egotism and self-conceit.

Within your heart contemplate the Naam the Name of the Lord sometime.|| 2 ||

Your life has passed away but you have not arranged your path.

Evening has set in and soon there will be darkness on all sides.

Says Ravi Daas O ignorant mad-man don’t you realize that this world is the house of death?! || 3 || 2 ||

(This HukamNama occurs on Ang: 793 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.)

January 14, 2004, Friday 05:30 AM. IST

sUhI]

joidnAwvihsoidnjwhI]

krnwkUcurhnuiQrunwhI]

sMguclqhYhmBIclnw]

dUirgvnuisraUpirmrnw]1]

ikAwqUsoieAwjwguieAwnw]

qYjIvnujigscukirjwnw]1]

rhwau]

ijinjIaudIAwsuirjkuAMbrwvY]

sBGtBIqirhwtuclwvY]

kirbMidgICwifmYmyrw]

ihrdYnwmusm@wirsvyrw]2]

jnmuisrwnopMQunsvwrw]

sWJprIdhidsAMiDAwrw]

kihrivdwsindwinidvwny]

cyqisnwhIdunIAwPnKwny]3]2]

Sukrvwr, 2 mwiG (sMmq 536 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 793)

http://www.panthkhalsa.org/Hukam

.ppa

DnwsrImhlw5Gru12

<>siqgurpRswid bMdnwhirbMdnwguxgwvhugopwlrwie]

rhwau]

vfYBwigBytygurdyvw]

koitprwDimtyhirsyvw]1]

crnkmljwkwmnurwpY]

sogAginiqsujnnibAwpY]2]

swgruqirAwswDUsMgy]

inrBaunwmujphuhirrMgy]3]

prDndoKikCupwpnPyVy]

jmjMdwrunAwvYnyVy]4]

iqRsnwAginpRiBAwipbuJweI]

nwnkauDrypRBsrxweI]5]1]55]

SnIvwr, 3 mwiG (sMmq 536 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 683)

http://www.panthkhalsa.org/Hukam.ppa

DHANAASAREE FIFTH MEHL

TWELFTH HOUSE ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD.

BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU I bow in reverence to the Lord I bow in reverence.

I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord my King. || Pause ||

By great good fortune one meets the Divine Guru.

Millions of sins are erased by serving the Lord. || 1 ||

One whose mind is imbued with the Lord’s lotus feet is not afflicted by the fire of sorrow. || 2 ||

He crosses over the world-ocean in the Saadh Sangat the Company of the Holy.

He chants the Name of the Fearless Lord and is imbued with the Lord’s Love. || 3 ||

One who does not steal the wealth of others who does not commit evil deeds or sinful acts — the Messenger of Death does not even approach him. || 4 ||

God Himself quenches the fires of desire.

O Nanak in God’s Sanctuary one is saved. || 5 || 1 || 55 ||

(This HukamNama occurs on Ang: 683 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.)

[January 15, 2005, Saturday

05:30 AM. IST]

DnwsrI mhlw 1 CMq

<> siqgur pRswid ]

qIriQ nwvx jwau qIrQu nwmu hY ]

qIrQu sbd bIcwru AMqir igAwnu hY ]

gur igAwnu swcw Qwnu qIrQu ds purb sdw dswhrw ]

hau nwmu hir kw sdw jwcau dyhu pRB DrxIDrw ]

sMswru rogI nwmu dwrU mYlu lwgY sc ibnw ]

gur vwku inrmlu sdw cwnxu inq swcu qIrQu mjnw ]1]

swic n lwgY mYlu ikAw mlu DoeIAY ]

guxih hwru proie iks kau roeIAY ]

vIcwir mwrY qrY qwrY aulit join n Awvey ]

Awip pwrsu prm iDAwnI swcu swcy Bwvey ]

Awnµdu Anidnu hrKu swcw dUK iklivK prhry ]

scu nwmu pwieAw guir idKwieAw mYlu nwhI sc mny ]2]

sMgiq mIq imlwpu pUrw nwvxo ]

gwvY gwvxhwru sbid suhwvxo ]

swlwih swcy mMin siqguru puMn dwn dieAw mqy ]

ipr sMig BwvY shij nwvY byxI q sMgmu sq sqy ]

AwrwiD eykMkwru swcw inq dyie cVY svwieAw ]

giq sMig mIqw sMqsMgiq kir ndir myil imlwieAw ]3]

khxu khY sBu koie kyvfu AwKIAY ]

hau mUrKu nIcu Ajwxu smJw swKIAY ]

scu gur kI swKI AMimRq BwKI iqqu mnu mwinAw myrw ]

kUcu krih Awvih ibKu lwdy sbid scY guru myrw ]

AwKix qoit n Bgiq BMfwrI Birpuir rihAw soeI ]

nwnk swcu khY bynµqI mnu mWjY scu soeI ]4]1]

Dhanaasaree, First Mehl, Chhant:

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

Why should I bathe at sacred shrines of pilgrimage? The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the sacred shrine of pilgrimage.

My sacred shrine of pilgrimage is spiritual wisdom within, and contemplation on the Word of the Shabad.

The spiritual wisdom given by the Guru is the True sacred shrine of pilgrimage, where the ten festivals are always observed.

I constantly beg for the Name of the

Lord; grant it to me, O God, Sustainer of the world.

The world is sick, and the Naam is the medicine to cure it; without the True Lord, filth sticks to it.

The Guru's Word is immaculate and pure; it radiates a steady Light. Constantly bathe in such a true shrine of pilgrimage. ||1||

Filth does not stick to the true ones; what filth do they have to wash off?

If one strings a garland of virtues for oneself, what is there to cry for?

One who conquers his own self through contemplation is saved, and saves others as well; he does not come to be born again.

The supreme meditator is Himself the philosopher's stone, which transforms lead into gold. The true man is pleasing to the True Lord.

He is in ecstasy, truly happy, night and day; his sorrows and sins are taken away.

He finds the True Name, and beholds the Guru; with the True Name in his mind, no filth sticks to him. ||2||

O friend, association with the Holy is the perfect cleansing bath.

The singer who sings the Lord's Praises is adorned with the Word of the Shabad.

Worship the True Lord, and believe in the True Guru; this brings the merit of making donations to charity, kindness and compassion.

The soul-bride who loves to be with her Husband Lord bathes at the Triveni, the sacred place where the Ganges, Jamuna and Saraswaati Rivers converge, the Truest of the True.

Worship and adore the One Creator, the True Lord, who constantly gives, whose gifts continually increase.

Salvation is attained by associating with the Society of the Saints, O friend; granting His Grace, God unites us in His Union. ||3||

Everyone speaks and talks; how great should I say He is?

I am foolish, lowly and ignorant; it is only through the Guru's Teachings that I understand.

True are the Teachings of the Guru. His Words are Ambrosial Nectar; my mind is pleased and appeased by them.

Loaded down with corruption and sin, people depart, and then come back again; the T

rue Shabad is found through my Guru.

There is no end to the treasure of devotion; the Lord is pervading everywhere.

Nanak utters this true prayer; one who purifies his mind is True. ||4||1||

(This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Dhanaasree on Anng 687)

Sunday, January 16, 2005

DnwsrI mhlw 5 Gru 12

<> siqgur pRswid ]

bMdnw hir bMdnw gux gwvhu gopwl rwie ] rhwau ]

vfY Bwig Byty gurdyvw ]

koit prwD imty hir syvw ]1]

crn kml jw kw mnu rwpY ]

sog Agin iqsu jn n ibAwpY ]2]

swgru qirAw swDU sMgy ]

inrBau nwmu jphu hir rMgy ]3]

pr Dn doK ikCu pwp n PyVy ]

jm jMdwru n AwvY nyVy ]4]

iqRsnw Agin pRiB Awip buJweI ]

nwnk auDry pRB srxweI ]5]1]55]

Dhanaasaree, Fifth Mehl, Twelfth House:

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

I bow in reverence to the Lord, I bow in reverence. I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, my King. ||Pause||

By great good fortune, one meets the Divine Guru.

Millions of sins are erased by serving the Lord. ||1||

One whose mind is imbued with the Lord's lotus feet

is not afflicted by the fire of sorrow. ||2||

He crosses over the world-ocean in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.

He chants the Name of the Fearless Lord, and is imbued with the Lord's Love. ||3||

One who does not steal the wealth of others, who does not commit evil deeds or sinful acts

- the Messenger of Death does not even approach him. ||4||

God Himself quenches the fires of desire.

O Nanak, in God's Sanctuary, one is saved. ||5||1||55||

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Dhanaasree on Pannaa 683

Monday, January 17, 2005