Raj Kapoor Referring To Sggs

gurmzz

hahah :D

I wish his bhoot wud come to me one day, since I wanna be a Bollywood Superstar! ;)

Raj Kapoor ( i think he was an actor ) had great respect for SGGS, he walked barefoot from someplace in India ( think Madiya Pardes ) to Amritsar and stayed there 3 days with his whole family and carried out seva inc washing dishes. He was a regular visitor to Harmandar Sahib .

• 4 months later...

does anyone know how to attach files so that I can actually attach the song on here for u guyz to explain? Would really appreciate the help :)

Click on the Reply Button, Below the Reply Text Box, Just see ATTACHMENTS, click on Browse and attach the mp3 Or whatever the format the song is in, I am anxious to listen to this song ...

Listened to it, basically he is talking about I think his father who was "Prithvi Raj Kapoor". Prithvi Raj kapoor acted as an amritdhari sikh in many punjabi religious films so one can only guess that he was close to sikhi.

In the audio, Raj kapoor says that his dad used to recite a shabad from Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

mY inrguixAwry ko guxu nwhI Awpy qrsu pieEeI ]

mai niraguniaarae ko gun naahee aapae tharas paeiouee ||

I am unworthy - I have no worth or virtues at all. You have taken pity on me.

qrsu pieAw imhrwmiq hoeI siqguru sjxu imilAw ]

tharas paeiaa miharaamath hoee sathigur sajan miliaa ||

You took pity on me, and blessed me with Your Mercy, and I have met the True Guru, my Friend.

nwnk nwmu imlY qW jIvW qnu mnu QIvY hirAw ]1]

naanak naam milai thaa(n) jeevaa(n) than man thheevai hariaa ||1||

O Nanak, if I am blessed with the Naam, I live, and my body and mind blossom forth. ||1||

In the audio, he got few things wrong but he is referring to that shabad which Prithvi Raj used to recite. Raj Kapoor says basically saying that these musicians he is working with are due all the credit for the songs, he himself has no virtue.

Listened to it, basically he is talking about I think his father who was "Prithvi Raj Kapoor". Prithvi Raj kapoor acted as an amritdhari sikh in many punjabi religious films so one can only guess that he was close to sikhi.

In the audio, Raj kapoor says that his dad used to recite a shabad from Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

mY inrguixAwry ko guxu nwhI Awpy qrsu pieEeI ]

mai niraguniaarae ko gun naahee aapae tharas paeiouee ||

I am unworthy - I have no worth or virtues at all. You have taken pity on me.

qrsu pieAw imhrwmiq hoeI siqguru sjxu imilAw ]

tharas paeiaa miharaamath hoee sathigur sajan miliaa ||

You took pity on me, and blessed me with Your Mercy, and I have met the True Guru, my Friend.

nwnk nwmu imlY qW jIvW qnu mnu QIvY hirAw ]1]

naanak naam milai thaa(n) jeevaa(n) than man thheevai hariaa ||1||

O Nanak, if I am blessed with the Naam, I live, and my body and mind blossom forth. ||1||

In the audio, he got few things wrong but he is referring to that shabad which Prithvi Raj used to recite. Raj Kapoor says basically saying that these musicians he is working with are due all the credit for the songs, he himself has no virtue.

Thank you! :)

Raj Kapoor ( i think he was an actor ) had great respect for SGGS, he walked barefoot from someplace in India ( think Madiya Pardes ) to Amritsar and stayed there 3 days with his whole family and carried out seva inc washing dishes. He was a regular visitor to Harmandar Sahib .

Raj Kapoor's Father Prithvi Raj Kapoor used to be a Family Friend of my Grandfathers brother - in - Law and believed in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. In those days they were just tramps , Neighbourhood Drama Actors who would move from city to city . Then they struck big and My Great Grandfathers brother - in - Law didnt hear from them again .