Corruption At Southall Gurdwara?

dalsingh101

i often have discussions with one particular family member about how corrupt our gurdvara committees are with regards to filtering off funds from gurujis golak. It definitely discourages some people from following our religion properly. It definitely gives a bad example to the youth. Its really disheartening to read or hear about such things. I genuinely hope sangat discovers a way to uproot and stop the spread of this evil weed which is slowly sucking the sanctity of our gurdvaras away. I would like to see the newly formed sikh council address this, however from what i read they arent really addressing anything significant yet. If not them, then perhaps satkaar can address this after they have dealt with the meat,alcohol party hall beadbi issue, which in itself is a monumental endevour.

Yes Khambay from the White House Dentist next door ,Kala Glassy the guy licenced to sell the booze also has a share in it I believe probably as a tenant.Kala Glassy and Co have always been linked to Sohi he used to call them down whenever he was confronted they just used to cross the road to Park Ave and stand guard

Yes Khambay from the White House Dentist next door ,Kala Glassy the guy licenced to sell the booze also has a share in it I believe probably as a tenant.Kala Glassy and Co have always been linked to Sohi he used to call them down whenever he was confronted they just used to cross the road to Park Ave and stand guard.

These people are meant to be servants of the panth and its holy places - instead they act like Goodfellas! If the situation wasn't so tragic, it would be laughable.

This has got to be one of the most sad and uncomfortable posts I have read on this forum.

You commit innumerable sins because of your desires and longing for Maya. Your body will become a pile of dust; death will eventually conquer you. Abandoning your wealth and youth, you will have to leave without any food or clothing. Nanak says, only your actions shall go with you; your actions cannot be erased

(Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 459).

• 3 weeks later...

The sum of £100,000 of sangat's money is to be paid. Surinder Singh Purewal (General secretary) Prem Singh Dhandhi (Treasurer) handed over a 50grand cheque already. If these lot originally expelled himmat through their own actions, then it should be their own money which pays this compensation, not sangats money. Why should sangat's money be appropriated wrongfully to pay for their mistakes.

Im sure purewal has the money since he is a ex judge.

March 8th is their judgement day. They will be ousted.

Since relations have turned sour with their old friend Malhi and a split is evident, he wont spend a penny on their election campaign this year. Or will they wrongfully approapriate sangats money for that aswell? It also means there wont be no more hired muslim gangs to help Lion party this time round like 2 elections ago in park avenue.

Ive never really liked purewal since he handed maharaj's saroop back to the wadbag dera from which it was rescued after beadbi taking place few years back including having idols placed near it.

The calibre of the people we elect each year is astonishing.

Lets start with the basics. The Gurdwara cost £18 million ($29 million). The bulk of that went to the people that designed it. The contract to design it, surprise surprise, went to the daughter of one of the committee men being talked about here. She and her white christian husband were most pleased, honoured and pleasantly surprised to recieve the contract. ;)

So what have we got ? (apart from a building that would have cost no more than £5 million anywhere else) We've got a building that divides the local Sikh sangats into the 'haves' and the 'have nots'. A place where only the wealthy, can flaunt their wealth, by having an akhand path there........and they do in their thousands. A place where an akhand path is out of the reach of the ordinary sikh, because of the cost.

It is my local gurdwara but I personally like to go to the extremely well run Hounslow Singh Sabha gurdwara. Not saying everything is perfect there, but absolutely nothing that happens re; the finances, at Havelock Road, Southall, surprises me. Frankly I'm surprised that any of you are surprised.

The sum of £100,000 of sangat's money is to be paid. Surinder Singh Purewal (General secretary) Prem Singh Dhandhi (Treasurer) handed over a 50grand cheque already. If these lot originally expelled himmat through their own actions, then it should be their own money which pays this compensation, not sangats money. Why should sangat's money be appropriated wrongfully to pay for their mistakes.

Im sure purewal has the money since he is a ex judge.

March 8th is their judgement day. They will be ousted.

Since relations have turned sour with their old friend Malhi and a split is evident, he wont spend a penny on their election campaign this year. Or will they wrongfully approapriate sangats money for that aswell? It also means there wont be no more hired muslim gangs to help Lion party this time round like 2 elections ago in park avenue.

Ive never really liked purewal since he handed maharaj's saroop back to the wadbag dera from which it was rescued after beadbi taking place few years back including having idols placed near it.

The calibre of the people we elect each year is astonishing.

Does this mean Sohis group will be back and ban anything related to 1984 and the Sikh movement as he did before?

50/50 I believe Sohi 's Party and Malhis Party have both shot themselves in the foot - a bit like Badal and Amrinder - ALL of them need to be thrown out - Sohi the biggest thug Southalls Sikh Comjmunity has seen will not be standing for president as he is not a member of the Sabha,the opposition threw him out like he threw them out.Both are as bad as one another,the present commitee allows all sorts,Sohi is a bit like Saddam Hussiens Govt only he has power - but as he wont be standing he wont be back.Neither Sohi or Malhi have any power - best option is get all Panthic Sikhs in one group - make sure they are dedicated to Akal Takht and Panthic issues and not the govt,jathas,or babas

I'm just shocked this is going on at THE biggest gurdwara in the U.K. The place should be a model for the rest, but instead it looks like......well you can see for yourself. Those of you local to there need to get your priorities right and focus on your home town for a while.

Dalsingh: some of the guys posting in this thread are political opponents to the current committee, so don't believe everything you read. It would be good to see real proof rather than rumours.

We all know that the system of elections, which is a relatively recent introduction to Panthic matters, allows dodgy people to get in, but please back up any allegations with proof. :happy: