Sign in to follow this  
japjeev singh

The Place That I Live In Is Very Discouraging To Sikhi

i am 15 year SIkh boy. So i am still one of those fools who runs after materialistic life and all. But i want to change i want to be on the real SIkhi path now the place where i live in which is Hicksville, New York. There are many Punjabi Sikhs. Its so hard to see any real Sikh around I am pretty sure more then 90% of the Sikhs here just claim to be a Sikh and do it for a formality. I am also like that But i want to change that in me, But its very discouraging i see no one around me that is willing to help me or is on the same path as me. I also get worried because i see these Sikh girls in my school who are not really religious at all. They all want a white boyfriend or something. It makes me think if i do join the Sikhi path it will be very hard to find a girl that way, That also brings me down. Its just very discouraging and sometimes i get upset over it. I really dont know what to do at this point. I would love to get some help. Sikh sangat has always helped me through these times Thank you for that

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Take 'Sikh' girls out of the equation first of all. Focus on yourself and the path you must travel. When the time for a partner comes, hopefully you will have started such a wonderful journey that Waheguru will already have taken care of such issues for you.

As for learning more about Sikhi and trying to embark upon it's way of life, the first step is always sangat. Attend a Gurudwara regularly, and listen to kirtan and Gurbani. That's what I'd do. There's a lot more to follow but you don't want to overwhelm yourself at this early stage. I'm sure my brothers and sisters on Sikhsangat.com have more specific advice for you.

fateh g

im in westbury n i would love sangat of any shape or form

here there is too much politics n so few ppl who have real darad of Sikhi

i will take u in like a lil bro if evr need nytime my whole meaning of life is seva to Gurus Sikhs

u can pm me g ;)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• shes from a different community n anotha part of town. abt 15 yrs younger than the female elder as well. so y wud she be keepin their company? seems like she was either abandoned by her own for wateva reason n lost her way. maybe livin rough n desperate before bein targeted. or she knew the place well as a worker or regular customer n wanted a piece of the prize from wat wudve seemed a simple 'transaction'?
    • Sidh Gohst is a Sikh Prayer... (i hope u weren't being sarcastic)? Prayer came about when Guru Nanak Ji had an assembly (gohst) with Sidhs, hence the name Sidh Gohst. The prayer is like a Q&A session where Sidhs ask n Guru Ji answers... NOW! Who been telling me to stick t learning about Sidh Gohst?? 😔
    • Get a normal bike n ride it. Road bike u can go far n fast so it's advantageous. Second bike type, ideal for short distant travelling n cycle at own leisure... Totally forgot wha the types called though I own one. Not mountain bike something else.
    • Is that Harpreet's mugshot? Lol! We need to understand y they committed a crime. Obviously for money but what lead them? For their age appears they had a hard life or "hard" life (depends how u look at it) and thas it! They understood the phenomenon of dog eat dog world. So they took a drastic step and failed... Of course they could've succeeded.
    • and also, as your next post alludes to, naamdharis also take khanday dee pahul, and actually most of them do compared to "us" mainstream sikhs. naamdharis are also much closer to rehit than some of these jathabandis we have now corrupt the panth since colonial times. However naamdharis are missing the kshatriya rehit of khalsa, ie the warrior maryada. I think a lot of "sikh" children would easily get influenced by christian schools due to lack of sikhi knowledge, and this includes those who go to these schools in India as well Yes, Khalsa sikhs used to learn from other sikh sampradaiye as well when it came to spiritual gyaan and sikhi knowledge. Obviously for learning there are no strict rules, however other rules are different for khalsa sikhs as they need to follow the military rules as well compared to sehajdhari "civilian" sikhs. And this is funny, but would learning from a harmonium teacher harm your sikhi, as it takes you away from learning sikh/Gurus' instruments? I would find it harmful for someone to teach that crazy keertan which plays at many rehnsbhais, 🤣😂

Important Information

Terms of Use