Peaceful Rally At Ramgharia Sikh Temple Birmingham

Satkaar

Party was scheduled for Saturday night.........The demonstration planned for Saturday afternoon.

Sangat at the Gurdwara only on Sunday..........The demonstration planned for Saturday.

If this demonstration went ahead......who exactly would be there to even see it ?

Paji, This is formally from the commitee, please do not be disillusioned that there was a party on Saturday afternoon,night or on Sunday afternoon or night, Satkaar Sewadaars do not have information on when any event is scheduled and nor will they as this is a formal contract between Ramgarhia Sikh Temple Birmingham and the hirer. As part of data protection any discussion that will take place with the hirer will be that of a recognised body and the hirer. Satkaar Sewadaars do not fall into the category of a recognised body who could negotiate on behalf of Ramgarhia Sikh Temple so only Ramgarhia Sikh Temple will have any formal dialogue with the hirers.

The Sadh Sangat however as always mentioned in gurbani is above all others, and the sangat who worship regularly at Rangarhia Sikh Temple will answer anyones queries,

I'm not sure how far the Satkaar people want to go, but note should also be taken of the "meat and alcohol", nothing re: Bhangra etc. Just an observation

The Punjab Times doesn't seem to have picked up on this either - Its important that no parties take place on gurdwara premises even if meat/alcohol isn't served. In addition, the premises should not allow womens giddha events or any bhangra event either regardless of if they are women/men only.

Its important that no parties take place on gurdwara premises even if meat/alcohol isn't served. In addition, the premises should not allow womens giddha events or any bhangra event either regardless of if they are women/men only.

I agree with you. Although, I do think that if meat and alcohol are not allowed, the venue is likely to be less attractive for bhangra party bookings. I can't see many Punjabi's booking a venue for a party where they can't get drunk and munch kebabs. Nevertheless, we do deserve to have full clarity from the RST committee and full adherance to the Akal Takht Sandesh..