Dudley Gurdwara Update

dudley singh

As far as I know from what one of the Singhs from Satkaar told me, the Sandesh has already been sent by post to each and every Gurdwara in the UK, and the Campaign has already been covered by the Sikh Channel, Sikh TV, Punjab Times, Des Pardes, the BBC, Panjab Radio and Sunrise TV. How much more exposure of the Sandesh do these committees need before they get the message? They've already got no excuses. Anyways, it's clearly logical to children of a small age that Gurdwaras should not be promoting meat, alcohol and parties, but these committees, even though they know better, are only interested in fulfilling their manmat desires.

Another thing is (though I hope I'm wrong) people seem to be getting complacent and relying on Satkaar to sort these things out. It is each and every one of our's duty, as Guru's Sikhs, to ensure Satkaar. Not a pop at any one individual, but just a general point. We got to get the Satkaar agenda out there with the general sangat. If there is enough pressure on these committees, it will never need to come to a protest.

Dudley Gurdwara have felt the pressure from the sangat however they reacted to this by making up lies and attempts to deceit the UK Sikh Sangat. Looks like meat, alcohol and anti gurmat activities are they religion that the Dudley Gurdwara committee belong too, shame on them..

Come on Dudley Committeewale, save whatever little honour you have left and simply stop meat and alcohol being consumed at the Cultural Centre. This is an embarassment!

The evidence clearly shows that the community centre is owned by and inextricably linked to the Gurdwara notwithstanding what representatives of the Gurdwara committee have said. That they seek to mislead the sangat is not surprising as they have no answer to the charge that permitting the consumption of meat and alcohal on premises owned or linked to a Gurdwara is wrong so they attempt to divert the issue. They should even now recognise their obligations to the sangat and do the right thing.

• 3 weeks later...

WJKK WJKF,

I think we all need to support the satkaar Singhs and bibian. when ever we get a txt or hear about any Gurdwaras who are not running to the code we should all put our input by phoning and airing our views to the management. We most of the time sit back and complain that things are wrong but neva wana get involved ourselves, If we cannot set up a R4G or Stakaar group ourselves lets at least support the people who are taking steps to improve our gurdwaras.

We should all get involved in our local gurdwaras and committes and insure that things dont get to these stages before they errupt.

One thing i will say about Dudley Gurdwara is that the trustee named Piara Singh Purewal only became a trustee a few months and i have spoken to him many times and he agrees with the steps that are being taken but has stated that he has only been a trustee a few months but feels hurt that his name has been used as he only got involved into the gurdwara to make a change on the senior citizens side. He stated he is willing to sit down with Satkaar any time to to come to disscuss and to change what he can on his side.

I personally think we should approch all peoples on a one to one bassis to try to reslove any situation rather than losing support from people who might think and support our causes.

WJKK WJKF

PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL YOUR SIKH CONTACTS TO CONTINUE RAISING AWARENESS

Press Release and Sangat Update - Dudley, UK

5 April 2011

www.SatkaarCampaign.blogspot.com

GNSS Dudley Gurdwara committee continue to disregard UK Sangat's concerns

Members meeting called to approve separation of hall from Gurdwara to justify meat, alcohol and parties

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Following on from our previous Sangat Update dated 6 March 2011, where the Satkaar Campaign's Sevadaars exposed the attempts by the GNSS Dudley Gurdwara's committee to cover up the clear link between the Sikh Cultural Centre and the Gurdwara Sahib, the Dudley committee has continued to defy the UK Sangat by scheduling another meeting of its local membership this coming Saturday 9 April 2011 to endorse the separation of the Sikh Cultural Centre from the Gurdwara Sahib.

Since the Satkaar Campaign established contact with the Dudley committee on 21 January 2011, with Guru Ji's blessings, all parties have been cancelled. However the Satkaar Campaign is looking for a permanent long-term solution whereby the Dudley committee confirms that it will abide by Akaal Takhat Sahib's 2006 Sandesh. We are disappointed that the Dudley committee continues to think that, by separating the ownership of the Sikh Cultural Centre from the Gurdwara Sahib, this issue will be resolved.

As we have mentioned previously, such course of action is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE to the UK Sangat, and the Dudley committee should note that the UK Sangat WILL PEACEFULLY PROTEST whenever they learn that there is a party to be held at the Sikh Cultural Centre, whether it formally belongs to the Gurdwara Sahib (as it currently does) or whether it belongs to another Trust/Charity (as the Dudley committee is proposing).

Once again, the Dudley Committee is humbly requested to realise the Beadbi (sacrilege) that is occurring by permitting dancing, meat, alcohol, tobacco and parties on the Gurdwara's premises, and that the committee immediately pass a resolution to prevent this Beadbi happening in the future.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I have been told the Gurdwara committee and trustees are proposing to create a new charity and transfer the ownership of the community centre to this new entity for a nomimal value perhaps as little as £1. Would they sell their own properties for nominal sums? If not why do they believe they have the right to do this to assets of the Guru's house? A lawyer I know has said the trustees have legal duties to look after the best interests of the Gurdwara and will be personally financially liable to the Gurdwara's sangat if they try to transfer the ownership at below value.

The members of Dudley Gurdwara need to think hard about the long term effects of their decision on the 9 April 2011, not just in this lifetime but many more lifetimes to come. Maray Karam stick and not just effect us but our generations to come.

Dudley members need to realise that Sikh history will look back at these "ballot box" sacrilegious decisions of allowing sharab and maas in the holy Guru ghar complexes and they will be mentioned in sakhis just like the Masands, Massa Rangar or Mahant of Nankana Sahib.

The savings made booking cheap pre-wedding party in these Gurdwara Halls is negligible compared to the price one will have to pay for janams to come for the abuse of the holy house of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. If there is a Sikh conscience left in Dudley then please please think about the implications of what your split second decision will be.