Dudley Gurdwara Update

What are the committee even thinking? They should be ashamed of themselves for misusing the Gurooghar and the Sangats money for their own manmati pleasures! Have they no fear of Guroo Jee?

Ang: 1106

dharam raae jab laekhaa maagai kiaa mukh lai kai jaahigaa |

When the Righteous Judge of Dharma calls for your account, what face will you show Him then?

• Like 1
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL YOUR SIKH CONTACTS TO CONTINUE RAISING AWARENESS Press Release and Sangat Update - Dudley, UK 6 April 2011 www.satkaarcampaign.blogspot.com Gurdwara Parbandhiks and Panthic S

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Sri Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh. I must agree with my veer ji by the name of "whoareya" on this one. I have been involved in Gurdwara's for decades, and i have myself witnessed many y

The Dudley Gurdwara committee is far from perfect, they make many questionable decisions, and some (meat sharab parties and extension of building) are downright wrong BUT Why are words being thrown

Posted Images

_/\_ Waheguru Ji Ka khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh _/\_

i Just receive a call from the perdan of Guru Teg Bahadur Gurdwara Dudley (His name is also Bhai Ajit Singh), he is requesting the Satkaar Campaign sewadaar to call him as the number on the letter is not working.

His phone number : 01384 238936

Giani Sukha Singh

_/\_ Waheguru Ji Ka khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh _/\_

i Just receive a call from the perdan of Guru Teg Bahadur Gurdwara Dudley (His name is also Bhai Ajit Singh), he is requesting the Satkaar Campaign sewadaar to call him as the number on the letter is not working.

His phone number : 01384 238936

Giani Sukha Singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Many thanks

Please note our new number is 07932 820200. A Sevadaar will contact Bhai Ajit Singh.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

• Like 1

I hear the committee have taken off the "Sikh Cultural Centre" sign from the party hall, which can be seen in Post #3 of this thread. Apparently, they are trying to make the claim that the Gurdwara does not own the hall, and it is not linked to the Gurdwara. These tricks will not fool the Sangat. The charity accounts clearly show that the hall belongs to the Gurdwara, and it is part of the same charity.

I also heard that they said in the Diwan yesterday that parties will carry on regardless, and they will not stop. I really hope this is not true and I heard wrong. :umm:

• Like 1

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

As a member of the dudley Sangat I agree there are certain problems with the Gurdwara committee, especially in transparency. They make alot of questionable decisions that I do not understand, which really do annoy me.

REGARDING THE SIKH CULTURAL CENTRE WELLINGTON ROAD - DUDLEY

I do NOT believe this centre should be shut down.

The committee should bring the centre into the Akal Takhats Maryada by stopping meat and alcohol parties. Secondly, the committee should NOT burden the sangat with further loans to extend the centre. There is absoloutely no need for this to happen, and it boils my blood to see such a stupid decision being made. I believe these 2 points need to be addressed very quickly.

However, when used correctly this Cultural Centre is a positive asset to the further the Sikh Religion in our area and educate the youth. The centre holds karate lessons weekly where up to 15-20 young Sikhs learn karate. It has in the past also been used as a place where older youths get together and discuss Sikh related matters. There should actually be no problem in using the Centre to hold celebrations which do not include meat, sharab or tobacco for the local sangat as a cheap alternative to more expensive halls. However this should only happen after strict controls and systems are in place to ensure there is no meat, sharab or no cigarettes being smoked in or around the premises.

Finally, the centre also has a small Gym which includes weights, Guru Angad Ji himself encouraged attaching a building to every gurdwara where wrestling and other physical events should take place, so again, closing the centre down should not be on the agenda, only stopping the activities that cause beadbi and not increasing or enlarging the building with further loans.

Forgive me if I have said anything wrong

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• Like 1

Respect for Guru Ji

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj, our living Guru, the spiritual light of our 10 Guru's, King of Kings, the ones who give us everything and have all the answers. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji deserves the utmost respect. Unfortunately this has not been happening.

gurujee1.jpg

We hear stories of people keeping saroops of Guru Ji in closets or on shelves. People taking Guru Sahib to halls and other inappropriate places where Guru Sahib would never want their children to be seen let alone themselves. Guru Gobind Singh Ji's horse knew better than to step in a tobacco field, but yet we take Guru Sahibs saroop to where alcohol and tobacco is served or is stored. This just breaks my heart. Where has the respect for our Guru gone, they've blessed us with everything, and this is how we repay them?

In olden times people use to walk to the gurdwara every morning to have darshan of Guru Sahib. This was such a big deal for them. We have forgotten how to treat Guru Sahib with respect.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"

-Edmund Bure

• Like 1

Mod Note: The follow thread has been allowed to stay up but it does not represent FACT, the poster has specified throughout the response that they obtained this information from a third party and therefore its validity should be taken therefore as such. Personal references have been removed.

Lol, One must laugh at the antics of these people who call themselves members of the committee, members of the trustee board, but the most disappointing thing is that they call themselves members of the Sikh Panth.

(Mod EDIT) thank you for your speech on Sunday, i was not there to hear it but i heard all about it. Now lets go over a few things: You stood in the hazoori of Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and ordered that you be given time to speak on stage to the Guru Pyari Sadh Sangat, permission given to you due to the fact that you are a Trustee of the Gurdwara. So, i hear you told the Sadh Sangat that none of the Gurdwaras money was spent on the Sikh Cultural Centre. I hear that you claimed that not even one penny was spent. Erm, im coming to the conclusion that your very selective memory only comes into play when suchlike figures pass the £100,000 barrier! So how would you explain the:

£60,000 paid FROM THE GURDWARA when the centre was first opened, what inevitably gave the Sikh Community ownership duty.

then the

£40,000 paid FROM THE GURDWARA to renovate the centre when the Gurdwara was going to be taken there temporarily while the new building was being built.

then the

£40,000 paid FROM THE GURDWARA when the land was purchased which made it freehold and owned by the Gurdwara?

Im not the best at Mathematics Mr Trustee but somehow even my poor addition skills tell me that the actual figure is more than 1 penny!!!

Moving on......I hear you claimed that you were not scared of the Singhs, not scared of the protesting sangat, and that you were going to keep the hall open no matter what. And i hear you even labelled the Singhs who write about the goings on as "mice", using the example that Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji stated that his one Sings would be seen in a crowd of a hundred, and how different these people who are "hiding behind the internet are". Erm, please excuse me if i am wrong, but i read the Satkaar letter that was sent to you around a fortnight ago, giving you dates to have meetings. Why have you not arranged a meeting with the singhs who are mice and hide behind the internet you fearless people?!!!!!! Also, I am by no means perfect in any way shape or form, but i wonder what Guru Gobind Singh Ji would be thinking right now, having realised that you went on the stage and spoke untruths to Guru ji's Sadh Sangat in the presence of Guru Maharaj. They are sitting somewhere watching you too my esteemed friend.....

Sticking to your "No Fear" stance, why on earth have the committee removed the Sikh Cultural Centre sign from the building?! Is this a desperate plea to the UK Sadh Sangat that everything is ok and can be forgotten, because your Gurdwara premises no longer has the work SIKH on the front of it anymore?!! LOL, dont make me LARFFFFFFFFFFFF!!! The levels to which you drop in order to have parties in your Gurdwara owned building is disgraceful, even taking the word SIkh off the building. Gallan kardeh ah Guru Godind Singh Ji de Singhan diyah.......get real.

• Like 2

I was there on sunday the above is all true (mod edit) was very defiant and mocked the satkaar campaign he actually looks like Saddam Hussain once they found him in the cave!!! (mod edit) also forgot to mention that the Ramgahria hall is a seperate building to the gurdwara in birmingham..... think (mod edit) got a selective memory issue!!

• Like 1

Lol, One must laugh at the antics of these people who call themselves members of the committee, members of the trustee board, but the most disappointing thing is that they call themselves members of the Sikh Panth.

(mod edit), thank you for your speech on Sunday, i was not there to hear it but i heard all about it. Now lets go over a few things: You stood in the hazoori of Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and ordered that you be given time to speak on stage to the Guru Pyari Sadh Sangat, permission given to you due to the fact that you are a Trustee of the Gurdwara. So, i hear you told the Sadh Sangat that none of the Gurdwaras money was spent on the Sikh Cultural Centre. I hear that you claimed that not even one penny was spent. Erm, im coming to the conclusion that your very selective memory only comes into play when suchlike figures pass the £100,000 barrier! So how would you explain the:

£60,000 paid FROM THE GURDWARA when the centre was first opened, what inevitably gave the Sikh Community ownership duty.

then the

£40,000 paid FROM THE GURDWARA to renovate the centre when the Gurdwara was going to be taken there temporarily while the new building was being built.

then the

£40,000 paid FROM THE GURDWARA when the land was purchased which made it freehold and owned by the Gurdwara?

Im not the best at Mathematics Mr Trustee but somehow even my poor addition skills tell me that the actual figure is more than 1 penny!!!

Moving on......I hear you claimed that you were not scared of the Singhs, not scared of the protesting sangat, and that you were going to keep the hall open no matter what. And i hear you even labelled the Singhs who write about the goings on as "mice", using the example that Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji stated that his one Sings would be seen in a crowd of a hundred, and how different these people who are "hiding behind the internet are". Erm, please excuse me if i am wrong, but i read the Satkaar letter that was sent to you around a fortnight ago, giving you dates to have meetings. Why have you not arranged a meeting with the singhs who are mice and hide behind the internet you fearless people?!!!!!! Also, I am by no means perfect in any way shape or form, but i wonder what Guru Gobind Singh Ji would be thinking right now, having realised that you went on the stage and spoke untruths to Guru ji's Sadh Sangat in the presence of Guru Maharaj. They are sitting somewhere watching you too my esteemed friend.....

Sticking to your "No Fear" stance, why on earth have the committee removed the Sikh Cultural Centre sign from the building?! Is this a desperate plea to the UK Sadh Sangat that everything is ok and can be forgotten, because your Gurdwara premises no longer has the work SIKH on the front of it anymore?!! LOL, dont make me LARFFFFFFFFFFFF!!! The levels to which you drop in order to have parties in your Gurdwara owned building is disgraceful, even taking the word SIkh off the building. Gallan kardeh ah Guru Godind Singh Ji de Singhan diyah.......get real.

I agree, he was liberal with his tongue by the sounds of it, but Veer Ji, why did you not stand up and tell those facts at that moment infront of the entire sangat? It would have easily shut him up, and given another boost to the Satkaar campaign against the beadbi of the centre. Its all good venting on these forums, but you have to make a stand yourself as well.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Dear Sikhs/Committee members of Dudley Gurdwara,

I hear that you have done a great deal to help people on the path of Sikhi and done a great deal to help people remain in Sikhi.

However, I humbly request that you do not allow any meat and alcohol in the Gurdwara Hall. Think of how you may be undoing the rest of your very positive hard work.

I hope all the other Gursikhs come to your aid and help you keep the Gurdwara Financially strong so you can keep on supporting all Children. I would love for you to be able to hold your heads high within the community.

Vaheguru bless for all the actions you have made with the best of intentions for SIkhi. I wish you a Gurdwara full of Gurmukh pyare in the years to come.

Forgive me if I posted anything in anger previously.

• Like 1