Dudley Gurdwara Update

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL YOUR SIKH CONTACTS TO CONTINUE RAISING AWARENESS Press Release and Sangat Update - Dudley, UK 6 April 2011 www.satkaarcampaign.blogspot.com Gurdwara Parbandhiks and Panthic S

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Sri Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh. I must agree with my veer ji by the name of "whoareya" on this one. I have been involved in Gurdwara's for decades, and i have myself witnessed many y

The Dudley Gurdwara committee is far from perfect, they make many questionable decisions, and some (meat sharab parties and extension of building) are downright wrong BUT Why are words being thrown

Posted Images

The Dudley Gurdwara committee is far from perfect, they make many questionable decisions, and some (meat sharab parties and extension of building) are downright wrong

BUT

Why are words being thrown around that they get a "buzz off corrupting young children"??? No one gets a buzz off that, they are not some vicious animals or members of other religions who want to destroy Sikhi. Keep the topic to the topic, and that is closing down the meat and sharab parties, ensuring that the building is not extended and making sure beadbi does not take place. When you start throwing around names and accusations that are not true then you dilute the argument.

Grow up!

• Like 2

The Dudley Gurdwara committee is far from perfect, they make many questionable decisions, and some (meat sharab parties and extension of building) are downright wrong

BUT

Why are words being thrown around that they get a "buzz off corrupting young children"??? No one gets a buzz off that, they are not some vicious animals or members of other religions who want to destroy Sikhi. Keep the topic to the topic, and that is closing down the meat and sharab parties, ensuring that the building is not extended and making sure beadbi does not take place. When you start throwing around names and accusations that are not true then you dilute the argument.

Grow up!

I have changed my post in the hope that it will get meat and alcohol out of Gurdwares

BUT

Grow up!

I hope that's just a misinterpretation of one or two individual's comments. You are right, ultimately the sole aim is to get the meat, alcohol and parties out of the cultural centre/hall. There is nothing political or personal in this and no one should be seen to be adding any "masala" which could be incorrectly interpreted as fuelling the outrage most of us already have regarding the beadbi taking place in these halls or ends up diluting the real issue. Any "sensational" comments (if any) which are unsubstantiated or based on rumours should be removed or edited by the user.

We are all part of the same kaum and all most of us want is to ensure Gurmat prevails in the running of all our Guru Ghars. No one is challenging the sewa of this committee, however, the committee of Guru Nanak Singh Sabha Dudley need to perhaps stop reading "in between the lines" of Satkaar's humble request and initiate a constructive dialogue/meeting with Satkaar to start working towards ensuring that Sikh Principles are adhered to.

It's been made apparent that the trustees of Guru Nanak Singh Sabha Dudley are reading the comments posted on sikhsangat.com, so once again a respectful request direct to this committee from your younger brother... please immediately address the maha beadbi allowed to take place in the Gurdwara run cultural centre.

• Like 1

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Pyara Veer Ji, Please let me know which comments you would like me to remove from my posts above. I will happily remove them if it will benefit the Sangat that attends Dudley Gurdwara. My only aim is to make sure Sikh Children are given the best chance to stay in Sikhi and grow up to be good Sikhs. That is all Sikh Children..... regardless of caste, colour or creed.

I have nothing against Dudley Gurdwara. When I say these people I am just referring to people who allow Alcohol and meat in Gurdware Halls/complexes, whoever they are. I think their innocent Children are as deserved of a Sikhi Jeevan as anyone elses children! With Alcohol and meat they are less likely to achieve this.

When I pass a Amritdhari Singh who follows Guru Godind Singh's Maryada, I have nothing but the utmost respect for them, and that includes Ramgahrias - I look up to the Singh's/Kaur's Rehit Marayada - that's what makes them better people than me!

Please let me know what you want me to edit/delete.

• Like 1

Satkaar campaign always tells the sangat to be calm, respectful and courteous when speaking to committee members. I think that extends to posting on SikhSangat too. The Ramgarhia Birmingham committee kept bringing up posts made by "MentalSingh" as being unsubstantiated allegations on Panth Time. We have to be careful here - we are ALL rightfully angered and appalled by the MahaBeadbi and anti-Gurmat practices of these committees, but this shouldn't mean we ourselves lose our Sikhi virtues. Let's not try to be deliberately offensive, and make sure we never wilfully lie or spread malicious rumours about anyone. When I was at the Grays protest, some of the committee guys their tried to use postings on SikhSangat as an excuse to deflect attention away from the real issues. I'm sure the Dudley lot will do the same.

Anyways, back to the topic - any updates from local Sangat in Dudley?

• Like 1

All quite on the western front!! plans are probably being made to convert the centre to a Asian Centre...that way they can hold walimaah parties as well whilst allowing the "Indian" Parties to continue.... Inviting the muslim community in ahhhh....and the government has said multi culturalism has failed in Britain!!!

THE FREEHOLD BELONGS TO THE GURDWARA!!!

However, when used correctly this Cultural Centre is a positive asset to the further the Sikh Religion in our area and educate the youth. The centre holds karate lessons weekly where up to 15-20 young Sikhs learn karate.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

_/\_ Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguruji ki Fateh!! _/\_

SAD NEWS !!

sad.gif as "vaar" says the centre holds karate class, NO My Friend!!!! They DON'T hold it any more!!!!!!!!!!mad.gif,

25th Jan Tuesday2011 the class ended, who ever, for what ever excuse they can say, the only thing I know that the karate class STOPPED!!!!!!!!!

and this was the ONLY ONE youth class in the Dudley "Sikh Community Centre"

Just few days ago I was saying to my friends in 4 to 5 yrs time , Dudley will have 15 to 20 young Sikh boys and girls Black Belt in karate but its not going to happen now!!!!

I have attach some photos of the kids doing karate (hide the face)

Don't care if any of the committeemembers reading this

Giani Sukha Singh from DUDLEY!!!!

post-4951-001187900 1297037903_thumb.jpg

post-4951-040653600 1297037906_thumb.jpg

post-4951-092605100 1297037908_thumb.jpg

_/\_ Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguruji ki Fateh!! _/\_

SAD NEWS !!

sad.gif as "vaar" says the centre holds karate class, NO My Friend!!!! They DON'T hold it any more!!!!!!!!!!mad.gif,

25th Jan Tuesday2011 the class ended, who ever, for what ever excuse they can say, the only thing I know that the karate class STOPPED!!!!!!!!!

and this was the ONLY ONE youth class in the Dudley "Sikh Community Centre"

Just few days ago I was saying to my friends in 4 to 5 yrs time , Dudley will have 15 to 20 young Sikh boys and girls Black Belt in karate but its not going to happen now!!!!

I have attach some photos of the kids doing karate (hide the face)

Don't care if any of the committeemembers reading this

Giani Sukha Singh from DUDLEY!!!!

Support from the states to you Giani Ji.

You're really awesome from what I've seen. Whatever happens, just do what you do. wub.gif

Sorry to hear about the the karate class being terminated in the Sikh Cultural Centre in Dudley. One can't help but interpret this sudden termination as the committee's hard-hearted response to the concerns being raised by the UK sangat on this thread. What regular activities are therefore now carried out in Sikh Cultural Centre?

Pyara Veer Ji, Please let me know which comments you would like me to remove from my posts above. I will happily remove them if it will benefit the Sangat that attends Dudley Gurdwara.

To me all your comments are completely bona fide and as Sikhs, I truly believe we are entitled to the emotion of outrage when committees like that of Guru Nanak Singh Sabha Dudley (or any other) blatantly ignore the gurmat which governs the maryada set out by the supreme Akal Takht Sahib. No one can deny us of that emotion and all Sikhs on this forum seem to be doing is expressing this. My comments further above were general and not directed to anyone's specific postings. It was aimed more at securing the quality of peoples postings so that they remain objective to the issue at hand.

• Like 2

I heard from my cousin in the Midlands that the Dudley committee announced on the stage yesterday that there is to be an open sangat meeting on Saturday noon as to whether the hall should be continued. Apparently, they are saying the satkaar lot want to close it down completely, which is not true. They say this so that the oldies who use it as a day centre defend the committee. The only thing the sangat wants is for there to be no meat, parties and shraab!

Sangat should attend on Saturday to stop the committee playing their games.

I heard from my cousin in the Midlands that the Dudley committee announced on the stage yesterday that there is to be an open sangat meeting on Saturday noon as to whether the hall should be continued. Apparently, they are saying the satkaar lot want to close it down completely, which is not true. They say this so that the oldies who use it as a day centre defend the committee. The only thing the sangat wants is for there to be no meat, parties and shraab!

Sangat should attend on Saturday to stop the committee playing their games.

Its these kind of 'chalakhyian' that really annoys me about our people. No wonder we're in such a mess.

PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL YOUR SIKH CONTACTS TO CONTINUE RAISING AWARENESS

Press Release and Sangat Update - Dudley, UK

8 February 2011

www.satkaarcampaign.blogspot.com

Dudley Gurdwara committee agrees to a meeting with Satkaar Sevadaars

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

The Satkaar Campaign's Sevadaars are thankful to Guru Nanak Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Dudley's committee for agreeing to a meeting on Sunday 13 February. The President, Ajit Singh Sandhu, confirmed this in a phone call with a Sevadaar on Friday 4 February. Satkaar Sevadaars will be meeting to humbly put a request to the committee to: (i) realise the Beadbi (or sacrilege) that is occurring by permitting meat, tobacco, alcohol and parties on the Gurdwara's premises, and (ii) immediately pass a resolution to prevent this Beadbi happening in the future.

We look forward to having an open and friendly meeting with a positive outcome, which ensures that the Gurdwara committee respects and builds further the high respect with which all Sikhs hold Gurmat principles, and Akaal Takhat Sahib, its Hukumnaamae and Sandesh.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!