Official Statement From Mata Sahib Kaur Sikh Academy Regarding Financial Situation + Bank Details

gurudashere

WJKK WJKF,

Benti to everyone to keep donating to this amazing academy kept under our mothers name. We need to ensure this academy remains open so that the youth can have a taste of this amazing sikhi. We need to start to respect our guru, we need to learn from our guru's ways. Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji slept on the floor so Guru Granth Sahib ji could be kept in total respect. We need to understand the great bani of our guru's. We need to WAKE UP, LIVE THE LIVES OF THE TRUE KHALSA. we need to SAVE THIS BLESSED GURUGHAR.

We need to start to respect the amazing Bani if our Guru Sahibs. Guru Arjan Dev ji recited the amazing Bani of Shabad Hazaray (The bani of longing for the guru). With this amazing bani comes an amazing Sakhi.

In early 1581, a cousin of Guru Ram Das, the fourth Sikh Guru came to Amritsar from Lahore especially to ask Guru sahib to attend his son's wedding. The Guru was unable to attend so he asked each of his three sons. Only Arjan agreed to go to the wedding in Lahore. The Guru told him to stay there and hold Guru-ka-Langar and spread the Guru's teachings until the Guru sent him a letter asking him to return to Amritsar.

Arjan obediently followed the Guru's instructions. He attended the wedding and started a Guru darbar and langar in Lahore. He was much loved by his relatives and the Sikh sangat. However, after a few days, he began missing his father Guru. He expressed his longing in a letter which he sent to his father. However, this letter was intercepted by his elder brother, Prithi Chand. Arjan then sent a second letter; this too did not get to his father. So, with the third letter he gave clear instructions for the letter to be hand delivered to his father Guru Ram Das.

When the third letter was received by the Guru he read it and also read the other two letters (after obtaining them from Prithi Chand), the Guru was very pleased and immediately dispatched Bhai Buddha to collect his youngest son, Arjan from Lahore. When Arjan was finally united with his father, he placed his head on Guru Sahib ji's chest against his long beard; he was overcome by the intense delinght of the union. He remained that way for many moments, while the Guru held him lovingly and gently in his arms.

The Guru then said that as he had written three stanzas, he should write a fourth to finish the poem. Arjan then recited the last verse saying, "It is my good fortune to have met the True Guru, and I have found the Immortal God in my own home. My greatest desire is to never be separated from him again, not even for an instant. I am ever a sacrifice to the True Guru."

DO WE HAVE THIS MUCH LOVE FOR OUR GURU TODAY? WE NEED TO WAKE UP AND BREAK THE SHACKLES OF MAYA?

IF WE REALLY LOVED OF GURU WE WOULDN'T LET THIER BELOVED GURUGHAR CLOSE DOWN? WE WOULD START TO CRY AND BEG TO GURU JI TO SAVE IT? DO WE REALLY LONG FOR THE GURU? OR DO WE JUST LONG FOR THE EGO SURRONDING US?

GURU ARJAN DEV JI IS STILL ON THE TAKHT TODAY, BE IT HARMANDAR SAHIB, THE AKAAL TAKHT OR THE ACADEMY, THE SAME GURU IS SITTING ON THEIR THRONE.

When Mata Gujri and the younger sons of the Guru – Baba Zorawar Singh and Baba Fateh Singh – shaheed (martyred) at the tender ages of 6 and 9 the despicable Mughal authorities refused their funeral rites on government land, it was decreed that there funeral rites could only be performed on land bought from Chaudhari Atta. Not only this, but the land could only be bought by laying gold coins (ashrifs) on the required area, possibly vertically. Todar Mal did not shun his responsibility and laid down the required coins and made arrangements for the cremations.

Todar Mal sold everything for the respect of the Sahibzade, WE CAN'T EVEN GET TOGETHER 150K LET ALONE GET GOLD COINS.

DO WE REALLY RESPECT OUR GURU? DO WE REALLY LONG FOR HIS DARSHAN? DON'T LET THE PANTH DOWN, SAVE THE ACADEMY...

ਇਕ ਘੜੀ ਨ ਮਿਲਤੇ ਤਾ ਕਲਿਜੁਗੁ ਹੋਤਾ ॥ Ik gẖaṛī na milṯe ṯā kalijug hoṯā. When I could not be with You for just one moment, the Dark Age of Kali Yuga dawned for me. ਹੁਣਿ ਕਦਿ ਮਿਲੀਐ ਪ੍ਰਿਅ ਤੁਧੁ ਭਗਵੰਤਾ ॥ Huṇ kaḏ milī▫ai pari▫a ṯuḏẖ bẖagvanṯā. When will I meet You, O my Beloved Lord? ਮੋਹਿ ਰੈਣਿ ਨ ਵਿਹਾਵੈ ਨੀਦ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਦੇਖੇ ਗੁਰ ਦਰਬਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥ Mohi raiṇ na vihāvai nīḏ na āvai bin ḏekẖe gur ḏarbāre jī▫o. (3) I cannot endure the night, and sleep does not come, without the Sight of the Beloved Guru's Court. (3) ਹਉ ਘੋਲੀ ਜੀਉ ਘੋਲਿ ਘੁਮਾਈ ਤਿਸੁ ਸਚੇ ਗੁਰ ਦਰਬਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ Ha▫o gẖolī jī▫o gẖol gẖumā▫ī ṯis sacẖe gur ḏarbāre jī▫o. (1)rahā▫o. I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to that True Court of the Beloved Guru. (1)(Pause)

WE NEED TO SAVE THE ACADEMY SO THAT THE YOUTH HAVE A CHANCE, WE NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT THE YOUNGER GENERATIONS GET A CHANCE TO SEE THE TRUE COURT OF THE BELOVED GURU... don't let your true mother down...

WJKK WJKF

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sangat Ji the total raised now is £63,600.

We would like to thank everybody that has contributed so far, the response and love we have received from the sangat worldwide has been amazing, the greatness of Guru Sahib's sangat is beyond words.

I would like to do a humble bentee to the worldwide sangat to continue supporting and donating however much they can, for those who have already donated we ask that you spread the word to family and friends who may not know about the situation and ask them to donate as much as they can, no amount is too big or too small.

We would also like to thank all the Sikh media that have helped in this cause, Sikh TV, Sikh Channel, Sangat TV and Sikhsangat have all shown a desire to help and contribute towards saving our true mothers home.

I would like to bring to the attention of the worldwide sangat that the children of 'Mata Sahib Kaur Sikh Academy' will tonight be taking part in a live broadcast on Sikh Channel sky 840 from 8.00pm till 9.30pm. All sangat are requested to watch, for those who do not or have not had the chance to attend the academy this will be an opportunity to see first hand what the children of the academy are like.

Once again please please keep up your support, this is your academy as it is named after YOUR mother.

Akaal

I have withdrawn my comments made in post # 60 and want to apologise to anyone who interpreted them as an attack. In my over excited approach to thinking I need to be giving advice and being self-absorbed, I can understand how my comments may have been seen as patronising to some who have committed their sewa to the Mata Sahib Kaur Academy over the years.

At this late stage (and having personally not stepped up to providing any support to Academy over the last 2 years) I fully accept my comments were unhelpful and I can see why Gurdaspuria E12 wished to make his comments.

Once again, please accept my apologies to all. I request users/admin to remove any references to the original post #60.

mod note:done :)

I thought it was a very-level headed, mature and honest post which highlighted issues that need to be severely examined, for the future existence of not only the academy in question, but others like it. Sadly if some (not including the kids) are culpable of shoddy management of the academy, I'm afraid they'll continue such behaviour because they won't be held to account, or at least be made to look at their own poor decisions which have led to this current situation.

However, 'shoddy' doesn't equate to 'illegal' or 'improper', merely 'poorly managed' or simply 'incapable' would probably be more accurate. It's sad when someone with foresight, common sense and logic is shot-down and shamed into silence by the rabble. Forgive me if anyone is offended but I don't see why anyone should be offended by the truth.

I thought it was a very-level headed, mature and honest post which highlighted issues that need to be severely examined, for the future existence of not only the academy in question, but others like it. Sadly if some (not including the kids) are culpable of shoddy management of the academy, I'm afraid they'll continue such behaviour because they won't be held to account, or at least be made to look at their own poor decisions which have led to this current situation.

However, 'shoddy' doesn't equate to 'illegal' or 'improper', merely 'poorly managed' or simply 'incapable' would probably be more accurate. It's sad when someone with foresight, common sense and logic is shot-down and shamed into silence by the rabble. Forgive me if anyone is offended but I don't see why anyone should be offended by the truth.

In hindsight, the orginal comments I made were not going to help towards alleviating the current financial position of the Mata Sahib Kaur Academy and that can only now happen by financial contribution from the Sangat. The Academy has financially sustained over 2 years of sewa, so there is obviously something working there and it was wrong for me to comment otherwise based on unsubstantiated assumptions and interpretations.

Sometimes we perhaps bring too much of our professional competencies into Sikh issues and it's not always the effective answer.

This is a simple case of the Sangat being needed to knuckle down, dig deep and financially support another Gurughar. That's what is needed at this specific point in time. There is always time to revisit the past and examine any oversights....

In hindsight, my comments were not going to help towards alleviating the current financial position of the Mata Sahib Kaur Academy and that can only now happen by financial contribution from the Sangat. Also thinking about it, the Academy has sustained 2 years of sewa, so there is obviously something working there.

Sometimes we perhaps bring too much of our professional competencies into Sikh issues and it's not always the effective answer.

This is a simple case of the Sangat being needed to knuckle down, dig deep and financially support another Gurughar. That's what is needed at this specific point in time. There is always time to revisit the past and examine any oversights....

Brother, nobody is arguing against saving the academy (I'm not saying you said that - I'm just putting it out there). To read so many positive comments from the kids is very heart-warming, and genuinely shows that at least somebody in our community cares for the futures of these kids.

But there's nothing wrong with introducing professional procedures into Sikh institutions. If anything, it would make us even stronger and competent. You never know, such professional methodolgies may also positively affect the people running our Gurudwaras - one day. But yes, maybe these questions could be answered at a later date. For now the most important issue is the survival of the academy.

I totally agree with Kalyugi here, Pyara jee's statement wasn't throwing any ego or accusation or anything like the reply which was given with moderators notes all over it.

What kind of sikhs are we, one minute hot headed next minute all cool and it's maharajs kirpa!!!

If the sevadaars came on this website asking for donations then they are also duty bound to provide all the answers to level headed questions posed.

I mean i have contributed and want to contribute more but cannot do so till we know what are the plans for the future so this doesn't go belly up again!!

Simple maths -- is all that is requried