Official Statement From Mata Sahib Kaur Sikh Academy Regarding Financial Situation + Bank Details

gurudashere

Gurfateh, with the amazing kirpa of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj the response to the appeal for the Saadsangat to unite and do ardas in guru jee's charan to save the Mata Sahib Kaur Sikh Academy has been breathtaking!

From all the sevadaar and saadsangat of the Academy we thank all the sangat for their support, not just those that have contributed financially but even to all those that have been touched by video recordings shown on the TV and via Youtube recently, showing the true value of the Academy and the children/famalies whose lives the Guru has saved.

With Maharaj's beant kirpa the current total collected has reached 22,400 ( A very big thank you to those that came to get Guru jee's darshan and placed their dasvand at the guru's charan), and there have been more pledges from the sangat still coming in.

As we can clearly see that although the response from the Saadsangat across the whole world has been amazing, there is still a massive gap in what has been raised to what we actually need. The deadline from Natwest bank is rapidly approaching (FRIDAY 21st JAN 2011) this is a baentee from our hearts to all the Saadsangat, please lets all have one last push to donate as much as you possibly can and help save our true mothers home!

Below is a link (2 short videos) from the children of the Academy being blessed with kirtan and an appeal to all the sangat from a local Gurdwara Sahib, please watch and encourage others to view and help the Academy.

Whilst the response from all the Saadsangat has been amazing (especially all the team at SIKH TV ) all the sevadaar from the academy are more than happy to answer any questions regarding all the history/current situation of the Academy, either in Guru jee's hazoori or even by phone, please do not hesitate to come forward for any info whatsoever .

Contact Seva Team on 07540 646982

Gurfateh

I know this is going to sound bad. But, I think the kids should be prepared mentally and emotionally to lose the Gurdwara. Ardaas is very important, but action is most important. I would say that 99.99% should be action, and the .01% should be Ardaas. BUT, the .01% Ardaas is VERY POWERFUL, and can Bring Fruits to the 99.99% action!

Don’t depend on any other ‘sikh institutions, councils, etc’, NO WAY! They are businesses and/or all talk, they do not authentically care for Gurmat Prem Of Future Generations! NOT EVEN CLOSE! Their model is based on low cost cheap ‘so called gianis and so called ragis’ and to funnel as much money into committee members pockets and their families through ‘contracts’ with the ‘Gurdwara’ for ‘this service and that service’ or ‘Jathedaarships’ for egos.

Keep working hard towards raising the funds! But, also be prepared for the worst! If history repeats; It is always the Good that get the ‘bad end of the stick’.

Guroo Sahib Kirpa Karan.

But remain in Chardhi Kalaa! It can still be saved! And in the worst case! Still remain close and make other arrangements !!!

Hopefully the funds pour in like rain! As mentioned, only 125 people are needed to BENEFIT by giving 1000, or 250 people giving 500… . Hopefully those amount of people come forward. The more people that you can get exposure to about the situation, the better! Maybe even write something, and post it on Sikhnet News, Etc. Do everything Quickly!

there only a small time left

we need to put some of our words into action and save the astaan named after out true mother. We cannot let an asthaan named after our mother close. It not a coincidence that a gurdwara named after mataji is doing some much for the youth. It is Mata ji who is doing this taking care of her sons and daughters. WE HAVE TO SAVE THE ACADEMY PLEASE DONATE NOW

Wjkk Wjkf,

Benti to everyone to to an ardass to akal purakh Waheguru to save this gurughar, an ardass done with love and belief in the guru never goes wasted and will always come true.

The Khalsa must join together in this dark age of Kalijug and save this gurughar that has been named and kept under our mothers name. We need to pass this test from our guru, we need to WAKE UP.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji gave their life for sikhi. Guru Teg Bahudar ji gave their head for another race. Guru Gobind Singh ji gave their family, their anandpur and their everything to be blessed with Amrit. These are the true virtues and qualities of the true Khalsa army that the guru made pargat in 1699. Sri guru Granth sahib ji, recently gave 11 saroops of themselves to Wake us up. What happened? We woke up for a day and then we went asleep again. We need to read and start to understand the guru's own bani. Sikhi is no dress up game. Guru Ji makes it very clear in Gurbani if you desire to play this game of love with me do not care about others opinions. Please, a benti go on YouTube and watch the kids at the academy, donate, visit and LEARN your rich history and who you are.

ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਜਨ ਭਏ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਭਗਤਿ ਜਿਹ ਜਾਨੀ ॥੪॥੩॥

Kaho Kabīr jan bẖa ė kẖālsė parėm bẖagaṯ jih jānī. ॥4॥3॥

Says Kabeer, those humble people become pure - they become Khalsa

- who know the Lord's loving devotional worship.॥4॥3॥

(SGGS p655)

Save the MSKSA....... Don't let your mother down?

WJKK WJKF

Sikh TV has offered full exposure to Mata Sahib Kaur Academy's financial situation and even put the account details on their scroll so sangat can donate directly to the academy.

What about Sikh Channel and Sangat TV?

Which Channel really acts on issues that affect the Sikh Community, especially the Youth? - Lets not kid ourselves!

To be fair to sikh channel, I think the only reason they might not have done what you said is so that desis dont get confused. Most people would have been thinking, what are these guys on? They just asked for money and now they want another 150k?

Also why have the efforts to raise funds for Mata Sahib Kaur Academy been stepped up when there is so little time to go. This topic should have been created months back and Sikh TV's should have been advertising the issue way back. Another example of things being left till it is too late. I really hope the money required is raised in time.

gurfaeh

Guys this is unbeleivable, we have the proof that the academy does the work , and we all love what they do no issues no problem. BUT and A BIG BUT for me is:

1. loan mortagae whatever - -how the heck did the acadamey get into a financial mess- was there no fore warning of the debt lingering over the years and nothing done about it??

2. If something was being done what was it?

3. The reason i ask above 1,2 is that how do we know that this 150k is the last lot maya needed for it be saved , what is the forecast for the future, money has to come in somehow to full support such an academy which is doing such a great job..? how and what and where the finanical support is going to continue into the academy?? what ways are the sevadarrs looking to generate the income so that we don't fall prey to a hectic debt in future?

I am not attacking, merely asking because i want to give more as i have alredy given,but need to sure of the finacial transperency??, there are no figures or transeperency since the start of the academy published here or anywhere , if so please post that link?

thanks in advance

Theres a 1.2 million loan. And 300,000 restructuring agreement? What does this 300,000 actually buy? Is it going towards the repayment of building loan, or is it a fee? If a fee, for what? And 300,000 !! It seems more towards repayment. Who owns the building? In whose name(s) is the building? I do not want to put the Academy into question, but I think since you promised transparency, you can give this information and more so people feel more comfortable if they are deciding to share their Daswandhs Etc. Many would want to make sure that people(s) are not taking loans, renovating, etc., in the name of a Gurdwara, but are actually building up personal assets (or worse, they are trying to purposefully lose the building which now has increased in value after renovations etc, and they want the bank to sell it, and actually pocket profits, which is a method of stealing that cunning people can do, in the names of Gurdwaras etc. if this is the case, it would be best that even the innocents of the Academy know the people behind the scenes). Obviously, I am hoping this is not the case. So the more transparency you give, the better it will be. The more people feel comfortable sharing their daswandhs, etc., if it genuinely saves the Academy! If there are dirty people involved, they shall be taken to task!

One thing is for sure, I do not want any of The Kids to suffer. And from what it seems, it’s a really good place. So the more information you give, I am sure more people will feel more comfortable.

When it comes to Gurdwara Buildings etc., the norm is that people are building up personal assets, and/or funneling monies into their pockets. So if genuine considerations come up, they are ‘rubbished’, because of the worldwide view of corruptions within ‘Gurdwaras’.

The more information you give, to show that you are absolutely sincere, and no one is personally profiting, etc., more people may come forward to give their Daswands Etc. I am sure no Kids are involved in any of the financing details obviously, so who are the main people behind starting, funding, and legally owning/running the Academy and the Assets? Is the building in the name of certain individual(s) etc. Are you registered as a Charity, Company, Etc. If so, under whos name(s)? All this information could make others feel more comfortable in giving their Daswandhs Etc.

People want to make sure that the people behind the scenes are not doing anything wrong. So the more information you provide the better it is.

Guroo Sahib Kirpa Karan.

Gurfateah , beni to everyone please please please save this gurugar , im. Not really understanding beacuse if so many singhs and singhni have to give thier lives up and all we have to do is give some maya (money) to the gurghar ........ Its not like someone is asking forr you head isit ???? ...... NO ITS NOT !! Ask youself sangat ji , HAVE YOU EVER HEARD A GURDWARA SHUT DOWN ? no wahegurus kirpaa a gurdwara has NEVER been shut down ..... So why start now ??? so many girls that are suppose to be in sikhi are moving away from Beloved SIkhi thier doing all the wroungs . No one has told them rights to wroung and if we will just sit thier on our sofa's just watching whats going to happen next to the academy ... welll then they dont stand a chance. To be honest ! Im not putting any gurdwara down beacuse EVERY gudwara Than Than Than Than sri guru granth sahib ji ! The other day the kids went to do a beateee so a local gurdwara and. this reallly hurts but thier were ABOUSTLY no kids thier ! Which to be is a very sad thing beacuse in the academy thierz always kids thier !! They all make sure that they come amrit velaa which is such a wow facter for me !!!!!

Please please please ask yourselfs are we going to let our beloved mother Than Than Than Mata sahib kaur ji down ?? No amout is to small or big even if you cant give any maya (money) then atleast find someone

gurfaeh

Guys this is unbeleivable, we have the proof that the academy does the work , and we all love what they do no issues no problem. BUT and A BIG BUT for me is:

1. loan mortagae whatever - -how the heck did the acadamey get into a financial mess- was there no fore warning of the debt lingering over the years and nothing done about it??

2. If something was being done what was it?

3. The reason i ask above 1,2 is that how do we know that this 150k is the last lot maya needed for it be saved , what is the forecast for the future, money has to come in somehow to full support such an academy which is doing such a great job..? how and what and where the finanical support is going to continue into the academy?? what ways are the sevadarrs looking to generate the income so that we don't fall prey to a hectic debt in future?

I am not attacking, merely asking because i want to give more as i have alredy given,but need to sure of the finacial transperency??, there are no figures or transeperency since the start of the academy published here or anywhere , if so please post that link?

thanks in advance

Guru kirpa, for the last week or so all the sevadaar at the Academy have been pleading with the worldwide sangat not only to donate but also to come to the Academy or ask by telephone or email any questions, clear any doubts regarding the financial history/current situation. The first post the sevadaar from the Academy added explained the history of the current situation and the figures involved.The website (sikhacademy.co.uk) shows our charity status from day one.

Singh we really appreciate your concern and questions but to put a statement like " How the heck did the Academy get into a financial mess" is breathtaking at a time like this!

For over two years the sevadaar carried on in the worst possible financial climate paying quarterly interest only payments of over 28,000 in the early days, the sangat helped refurbish and prepare the Darbar sahib and the most amazing Sachkand (the only Gurdwara Sahib in the UK where the Darbar sahib and the Sachkand are the same size, as it is the house where GOD on earth resides!) at a cost of over 200,000 pounds. With Guru's kirpa collectively an amazing institute was formed where kids from the age of 2 to 25 virtually overnight (With Maharaj's beant kirpa) started walking on the amazing path of Sikhi, striving one day to be those home grown granthi singh's and singhnian of the future that we have all been desperately pleading for since day one. Throughout this amazing adventure all the sevadaar and sangat of the Academy kept going head down with the faith that the Guru and their amazing Panth are always with them, then, as is the play of our beatutiful father, Maharaj chose for us to plead with both hands joined together to the guru roop saadsangat.

So please don't say why this? why that? Sikhi is not about excel or spreadsheets, Sikhi is not about elections, Sikhi is about being blessed to do whatever Maharaj chooses for you to do at whatever time and in whatever way the GURU decides not any mere highly educated Accountant, Lawyer, Doctor or ego minded individual like myself!

When Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee maharaj asked for our heads the masands ran to mata jee complaining this is the right way or right time! When mahashaheed Baba Deep Singh Jee heard about the beadbi of Sri Harmandir Sahib they did not waste any time questioning, they left straight away and fulfilled their amazing destiny! When Dhan dhan Sri Guru Gobind singh Jee gave their everything including their four amazing son's so we could proudly walk this earth in the guru's bana as their pavitar Khalsa Fauj, they did'nt expect that one day the same Khalsa would hesitate in donating very small amounts of money (Most Sikh famalies are living in relatively good standards of living) when needed to save our Guru sahibs house! Those Nishaan sahibs that have been erected via the blood of thousands of shaheed men, women and children should never ever have been in danger of coming down due to money, one day when the second of our death comes (To those that feel we needed more notice or why were we not given more time ) please realise this money and everything we think it provides is not going to go with us, the only thing that will accompany us on that journey are the good deeds, the naam simran, the daan punn and our pavitar kakhar, everything that is blessed to us from maharaj as our karam.

With Maharaj's beant kirpa the Academy was purchased for 1.3million pounds via sangat across the UK. It was virtually a derelict methodist church, the sangat had to crazily find 100,000 pounds in a matter of days and arrange a loan of 1.2million in any way they could on a bldg that could not be surveyed due to it's condition all against the clock as the premises were being snapped up by other interested parties.

Meetings with the bank have resulted with a solution that if we can find up to 300,000 pounds based on the projections of the pre-school nursery (This is going to be project managed by two very professional sevadaar, who currently are running four such nurseries where Ofsted have awarded Outstanding in their annual inspections!)we can restructure the debt over a longer term and prevent the academy from closind down. we have currently (with the help of all the saadsangat) arranged around 173,000, we need around 127,000 please do whatever is possible.

Once again we plead if you have any doubts or questions, come to the Academy and see with your own eyes the reality of the situation.

There are many more things to say and share but please this is a time to ACT not talk. Over the last few years we have all made countless mistakes and errors and we plead for forgiveness from the Saadsangat, we also request if anybody can come forward and guide us on how we can improve the Academy and help us learn the error of our ways.

Guru Roop saadsangat Jeo, please do not ignore these pleas and just carry on with your lives, Maharaj is all seeing. when we have problems in our immediate family, we always turn to our extented family and friends not to question us, but to save us --- we in turn are looking to our family the KHALSA!

Gurfateh