Re-Taking Amrit

if you really want to take or retake amrit properly then go to amrit sanchars organised by akj india, akj toronto, or tapoban sahib toronto. Why? because they are the places where there has been unbroken lineage of having larivaar saroop prakshed at amrit sanchar. Unfortunaly though akj uk use larivaar saroop, the punj pyare may have shakked amrit where there was pad ched saroop because in early days akjuk did use pad ched saroops sometimes.

The gurgadi was passed onto larivaar saroop guru granth sahib ji. Guru Gobind Singh jee created larivaar saroop and gave gurgadi to that saroop. Padched is actually a modern man made invention. Even if taksalis or whoever starts doing prakash of larivaar saroop at amritsanchars it wont make any difference because the punj pyare still would have taken amrit from pad ched saroop.

Think and decide for your self. Also for akj india and tapoban toronto, only strict naam abhiyaais who follow sarbloh bibek can do seva.

what a load of rubbish! So does this mean that the thousands of Sikhs who daily go to gurdwaras worldwide and bow their head to Guru Granth Sahib, which isnt larivaar, they really aint? They just bowing to some book? Larivar doesnt make Guru, Guru, anymore than 5ks make someone a Sikh.

if larivar is the only saroop, then what have the hundreds of gurdwaras around the world got in them? This is no way means that we shouldnt have larivar at all, but larivar saroops is something that we have to build up to slowly, cos we have done to much damage first, but we will, Akal Sahai, rectify that. But in the meantime, to say that only Larivar is accepted in stupid. and ignorant.

i am in a similar dilemma. I havent taken amrit yet, i have seriously been looking into where to go, i mean which rehat maryaada to follow (ofcourse akal takhat saheb, but there are a few minor differences in rehat maryaada which are not possible to be ignored). I usually go to most of the akj smaagams but dont quite agree with raagmaala not being baani. Keski being kakaar doesnt bother me much because i wear a keski too, but dont consider it a kakaar, but i know i will never be without it. However, when i looked into taksaal maryaada. I follow taksaal santheya and do think their rehat maryaada is what the puraatan sikhs followed. But whenever I go to akj smaagams or talk to bibia who follow akj rehat, they try to persuade me to believe that you get 'naam drir' only from akj!!?? so that really confuses me that why dont other jathebandia also give 'naam drir' as well? wouldnt that make it easier for people to take amrit from taksaal or akj, then the difference would only be kes/ keski as kakaar, raagmaala baani/not baani, or moolmantar, atleast not naam drir?? Sometimes i so wish that i didnt know much about the jathebandia and different rehat maryaadas, it was gonna be soo easy for me. but now that i know, its quite confusing. Some unbiased advice would be appreciated.

Gurbani says: Nanak Bramh Giani Aap Parmesur. (Bramh Giani is God - because they have won the game of life and merged with God.)

Bramh Giani Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa wrote out the Rehat Maryada very clearly: http://www.rajkarega...path-darpan.pdf

You can also get it in 'book' form - it's called Gurbani Paath Darpan. This book even explains how the Sikh Panth deviated from Guru Gobind SIngh Ji's started Maryada - from cutting Rehras Sahib to disowning Raagmala....it contains very enlightening bachan. Alternatively (if you have trouble reading Punjabi), you can listen to 'Rehat Maryada' Katha by Giani Thakur Singh Ji (they read this book and also talk about their own experiences).

You should check it out (especially the Amrit Sanchar part) - Panj Piare give Amrit, Gurmantar, Mool Mantar, Rehat. (There is no mention of a special, separate Naam Drir.)

And I agree with the person who posted earlier - one should do some research before showing up for an Amrit Sanchar - find out the protocols they follow (I totally regret not doing this). And even when re-taking Amrit, make sure you do research as well (to make sure the protocols are consistent).

Gurbani says: Nanak Bramh Giani Aap Parmesur. (Bramh Giani is God - because they have won the game of life and merged with God.)

Bramh Giani Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa wrote out the Rehat Maryada very clearly: http://www.rajkarega...path-darpan.pdf

You can also get it in 'book' form - it's called Gurbani Paath Darpan. This book even explains how the Sikh Panth deviated from Guru Gobind SIngh Ji's started Maryada - from cutting Rehras Sahib to disowning Raagmala....it contains very enlightening bachan. Alternatively (if you have trouble reading Punjabi), you can listen to 'Rehat Maryada' Katha by Giani Thakur Singh Ji (they read this book and also talk about their own experiences).

You should check it out (especially the Amrit Sanchar part) - Panj Piare give Amrit, Gurmantar, Mool Mantar, Rehat. (There is no mention of a special, separate Naam Drir.)

And I agree with the person who posted earlier - one should do some research before showing up for an Amrit Sanchar - find out the protocols they follow (I totally regret not doing this). And even when re-taking Amrit, make sure you do research as well (to make sure the protocols are consistent).

this pothi is being translated into english

it is currently in progress

should be awsome once it is in english then a lot more sangat can benefit from it

where can i get this katha from

where can i get this katha from

The Rehat Pyari Mukh Ko is a separate (excellent) Katha. (And everyone should listen to it.)

But I was referring to another Katha.

Here's how to find the Rehat Maryada (Gurbani Paath Darpan) Katha:

gurbaniupdesh.org --> MP3 Downloads --> Katha --> Giani Thakur Singh Ji --> Rehat Maryada

(But the gurbaniupdesh.org website seems to be down....hopefully it'll be up soon.)

The Rehat Pyari Mukh Ko is a separate (excellent) Katha. (And everyone should listen to it.)

But I was referring to another Katha.

Here's how to find the Rehat Maryada (Gurbani Paath Darpan) Katha:

gurbaniupdesh.org --> MP3 Downloads --> Katha --> Giani Thakur Singh Ji --> Rehat Maryada

(But the gurbaniupdesh.org website seems to be down....hopefully it'll be up soon.)

GurbaniUpdesh.org website is up and working.