I Just Saw Someone Get Hit By A Car At Full Speed…

Paneer Monster

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I just witnessed some poor person get hit by a high speed van in south London.. he crossed when the traffic lights were green for the cars to go, a van was doing about 45-50mph on a 30 mile road so the man must have thought that because the van was a distance away he would have enough time to cross. Unfortunately this was not the case as the van was speeding.

Im 25 years of age, this is the fourth time I have seen a serious road accident and it is not a pleasant sight or feeling (3 times in the UK and once in Punjab)…..

Please be careful how you all cross the roads. It is a very sad thing to see when someone is alive one second and dead the next because of a road accident that could have been avoided.

Please note: the soul purpose of this thread is just to advice sangat to think about how they cross the roads, also please discuss this with your families. I would also advise that you go over how to cross the roads with young children, and also consider if there are any elders you know in your family or otherwise who may need help in crossing roads. You can never be too careful when crossing roads.

In addition to this i would like to advise any person who drives to consider what makes a good driver and also how they can drive more safely.

Also, just to reinforce - we should also keep our nitnem and simran strong, and do each day as if it is our last. our time on this world is limited, every beath we take is numbered. we (or at least most of us!) do not know when we are going to die..

Vaheguru Ji Rakha

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Good thread, I will evaluate how I cross the road. Recently I have had IPOD earphones in my ears while music going while crossing the road. Whist I look both way and make sure I only cross the road when the road is clear, I think from now on I will make use of my ears as well.

p.s. Remind me not to cross the road when you are there tongue.gif

Its a sad day when an unsuspecting person falls victim to a road accident. We all can die at anytime. Cars and drive through the quitest roads silently, therefore keeping your eyes peeled for vehicles is paramount for your own safety and others around you.

I witnessed a young girl dying from a speeding vehicle in southafrica several years back... it's shocking to say the least.

What i find in london is that somalian bus drivers have no sense of responsability when over taking other vehicles or when changing lanes, its frightening that they have been given such rights to 'drive' on the roads, with loads of passangers on the bus too.

Im not saying all somalian bus drivers are crazy, but i have seen a good number of somalians who just plain can NOT drive responsibly- which leads one to question: from where or whom are they getting their lisences??

anyways, for all sikhs out there, what sikh scriptures (and translated) would be relevant for this thread?

@paneer monster: i'll say a prayer for this mornings victim and hope his family will be ok.

Google me!

pahaha! no but seriously, im not trying to offend anybody, somalian bus drivers are dangerous, they try and portray some sort of 'swagger' when they drive... hi5-ing the next somali and salam-ing their 'sisters' who are all allowed free bus journeys, but they are dangerous on the road god damn it!

Google me!

fateh g

thanks paneer monster for such a nice selfless thread n ur rite

pls b careful n always in the end we must trust Gods hukam

we never kno when we will breathe our last

roads in america r pretty ok i think considering i have never yet seen anyone get run over

if its really bad then citezens shud pressure the gov for crossing guards n an atequate crosswalk

fateh g

thanks paneer monster for such a nice selfless thread n ur rite

pls b careful n always in the end we must trust Gods hukam

we never kno when we will breathe our last

roads in america r pretty ok i think considering i have never yet seen anyone get run over

if its really bad then citezens shud pressure the gov for crossing guards n an atequate crosswalk

vgjkkvgjkf

thanks loads. personally i think the system is good and it works if everyone follows the highway code.