Bibia And Engagement Rings.

Guest dkjfgcfjh

BhenJi I don't think there's anything wrong with the engagement ring as long as you know in ur heart the purpose for it. No one knows whats in your heart therefore we cannot judge you just because your wearing an engagement ring. So just wear a small simple ring if you really have no other choice and as long as you dont get too attached to it, it's fine.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

BhenJi I don't think there's anything wrong with the engagement ring as long as you know in ur heart the purpose for it. No one knows whats in your heart therefore we cannot judge you just because your wearing an engagement ring. So just wear a small simple ring if you really have no other choice and as long as you dont get too attached to it, it's fine.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

I agree there is nothing wrong with the engagment ring in this situation. We can expand this further and say other women that are young brides should also wear the engagment ring, without growing attached to the maya part of it.

• 1 year later...

Why would you need to wear a ring? Is it not a Christian tradition?

I am a Sahajdhari Sikh but practicing I see wearing a wedding ring as completely futile and it does not stop any attraction from people that is something you conquer with your own mind and heart.

Be rude and angry? Wow! I am sorry but part of the reason Sikhs get picked on is this. That is why at times we get hated because people don't understand us. Rude and angry, just brings hate. Maybe she is nice to everyone and always smiling because she wants to portray sikhs in a good light?

I know for a fact when I wear my dastar in the mornings, I remind myself to be the best person I can be. I make an extra effort to hold doors for others, help the elderly, be polite to all and etc. because thats not me I am representing in my dastar, its my guru, His Sikhi. I am sorry I just don't see my Guru being rude and angry to others.

As for the ring matter, it is best to explain nicely your not interested and if they still question than take a minute to explain why as a Sikh you don't do that. I don't say explain it first because the other person might not be interested in learning about Sikh and your explanation will just sound like lecture. The ring itself is helpful because it might deter people from even asking at all or looking at you in that way. It doesn't work on all, I know. But maybe on a few? IDK Sangat knows better than me and Waheguru Ji knows best

Love the second paragraph. So true so relevant. We should always have this thought at the forefront before any actions